Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
Your Thoughts on Infidelity. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you think cheating is a common occurrence?
  Yes
  No
  Not Sure
View Results

Love your Hate

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:09 pm
Well I don't really like it. I don't approve of what they did. I believe that you should be straight foward and tell that person that you are with that you don't love them and that it was not ment to be instead of leading them on. I know you don't want to hurt them but it will save alot of heart ach in the long run. Plus the way they did Brokeback mount. Was really not "correct" or so said all my gay friends that saw it they said that they played it out of text. That that is not how it normaly works. As they said "you can tell straight people made that"  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:16 pm
I don’t think cheating is becoming more prevalent in today’s society. I think talking about cheating is becoming much more prevalent. People have been cheating on each other since the first committed relationship was developed. What annoys me now is that we are in a time that should actually cut down the amount of cheating. Most people living in 1st world countries are not A) betrothed to someone they don’t like B) forced to stay with someone they married until they die C) legally discriminated against for being homosexual. So cheating should go down some what. But it doesn’t and yeah, people suck for cheating. It’s wrong. It’s disrespectful and it’s cruel.

Anyway, I think yaoi has a lot of infidelity because it is something that isn’t unseen within closeted homosexual. I’ve read quite a few articles about Latino and Black men who don’t consider themselves gay but have sex with men. These same men can be in a relationship with a woman. They have all these reasons for their actions, for their denial, but in the end its still cheating. Also, another reason is the idea is that men are suppose to cheat. It’s what they do. Men are naturally unfaithful. So if you’re writing about men, having them cheat can almost be considered normal.

Um… I had other points too but I’ve completely forgotten them.  

LadyNox
Vice Captain

AmethystLexi

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:31 pm
I believe infidelity is more common these days than ever before, and I say that looking at my friends, my friends' families and my relatives.
I think that it is wrong, because it is a form of betrayal - you could just tell the person you are with that you didn't want to be with him/her anymore.
But I also understand that there are times when it is a bit justified, and people that have cheated on their partners at a time don't necessarily feel nothing for them, sometimes the original relationship becomes even stronger.

I think the cheating on Brokeback was a bit justified.
The way the society was on the days the film takes place in, it was the only thing they could possibly do - if you've seen the film, remember what happened to these other guys that lived together.
But that doesn't mean it was ok for the wife of the char Ledger played to be feeling so hurt and alone - he could have tried to tell her something.

As of cheating in yaoi, I haven't come across that much infidelity in yaoi yet, but judging on previous posts, it's probably just the yaoi I've seen...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:42 am
For-Chan Cookie
I should probably add that, you can't elliminate infidelity and cheating from works, society, etc. and frankly, I don't think that we should. More than just infidelity, I what I hate the most is glorification of infidelity, casual acceptance of cheating. I don't feel that it's something to be taken lightly. I think that people should get angry about it. It's not something to be used in the case of a romance as a source of angst, which is most commonly is. Infidelity is not pretty, it shouldn't be portrayed as such. It shouldn't be used to petty purposes. It's a nasty subject and people should come to realize that.

I definately agree. People arn't perfect and they shouldn't be portrayed that way. We all make mistakes, big and small. I actually like infidelity in stories when it's portrayed the right way: as something that is moraly unacceptable. True, there are usually reasons for it. In the case of Brokeback Mountain, it was unfortunate that the characters felt that they had to live that way, but the movie didn't neccisarily glorify it, which was one of the few things I liked about it... ^^ The most important thing for me when a story deals with infidelity is that the character(s) learn or realise that it is a cruel thing to do.  

Katastrophic_Kate

N I N J A _C H E E S E

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:48 pm
RenaeBrasil
In today's society of throw away relationships I think that infidelity bugs me the most because that's exactly what makes relationships worthless. I mean ***** disgust me because there's just no excuse for that. But among consenting adults I think that any relationship that two people are willing to maintain for the duration is a beautiful thing.
Cheating on some one is one of the most degrading, emotionally damaging things you can do. I don't know what else to say. It tears down the person you're cheating on, it makes the person you're cheating with feel as if they're not good enough for the real thing, and it makes you nervous and guilty. I think that if you're going to take advantage of the fact that relationships are no longer seen as requiring a lifelong commitment then you should really do it and break up with the first person before you make an a** of yourself.

ninja yep took the words rite out of my mouth 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 5:10 pm
I think it's wrong and if you cheat once and are forgiven then cheat again you should be dumped. I think everyone can change but cheating is wrong...My aunt cheated on my uncle <18 times and he's still with her but only because of his children. I think he should leave her and take his kids because she is a evil mother.  

Amenazar

protecterofelements

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:08 pm
i don't like the thought of infidelity but if your not happy with the person for some reason but can't leave (and it has to be a good reason) and you can with this person i don't see a problem most of the times  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:28 pm
I'm not really for infidelity regardless of sexual orientation. neutral The way it's portrayed so casually in so many movies and all the rumors you hear about superstars cheating on each other just makes me feel depressed. It hurts, really, it does. It's a freaking plot point for so many soap operas, my goodness! >_<  

SilverMaple
Crew

Sparkly Lover

User_2629207

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:51 am
Rulin' ya universes...

Well... I think a breakup is better than cheating. Dirty secrets may have their glory, but I still think it's unfair to the ones being cheated... However, it doesn't bother me too much unless the one being cheated really loves him/her. I also kinda feel sorry for the one cheating, because he/she is obviously afraid of leaving their partner, be it because of shame or fear of being "outed".

I started reading New York,New York but I just stopped after a few chapters because I couldn't stand one of the characters who cheated with his boyfriend's ex...on their first encounter!
And then his boyfriend found out and was of course really hurt, but the guy said it was completely normal and that sex and love are separate things... and I just got so pissed, I stopped reading because he was such a b*****d.
...since 1992.

The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces