Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Imotoku

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 2:26 pm
Shien no Ryuu
OnoBoei
All I could say is...do what Jesus would do. he kept on emphasizing love... and i remember somewhere in the Bible that said something like 'if someone slaps you on the cheek, turn your other cheek too to be slapped' or smething... the thing i could get out of this verse thingy is that Jesus' teachings were like the total opposite of any form of oppression.

I agree completely. As far as I'm concerned, "killing in the name of God/Allah/etc" is not justified. Sure, war and death are inevitable among human beings, but you shold never use God as a basis for it. Jesus taught forgiveness and acceptance, even for your enemies.
If you're gonna kill people don't say "God told me to do it" cause that's a lie. Every life God creates is sacred and he doesn't want them "removed" by any means other than his own.
When in doubt, consult the Bible, like y'all said.
I mean, for pity's sake, it's even in the Ten Commandments. "Thou shalt not Kill." Why the heck would he make a commandment like that and then turn around and tell us to kill people? Durrrr....
Yeah, you are right.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:22 pm
i think the voice of God isnt like the one dat says in the back of your mind. dont do your homework... but i think it is when it agrees with the bible.. and yea[:  

koreanusher

kairiluvxxx

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:15 am
Shien no Ryuu
OnoBoei
All I could say is...do what Jesus would do. he kept on emphasizing love... and i remember somewhere in the Bible that said something like 'if someone slaps you on the cheek, turn your other cheek too to be slapped' or smething... the thing i could get out of this verse thingy is that Jesus' teachings were like the total opposite of any form of oppression.

I agree completely. As far as I'm concerned, "killing in the name of God/Allah/etc" is not justified. Sure, war and death are inevitable among human beings, but you shold never use God as a basis for it. Jesus taught forgiveness and acceptance, even for your enemies.
If you're gonna kill people don't say "God told me to do it" cause that's a lie. Every life God creates is sacred and he doesn't want them "removed" by any means other than his own.
When in doubt, consult the Bible, like y'all said.
I mean, for pity's sake, it's even in the Ten Commandments. "Thou shalt not Kill." Why the heck would he make a commandment like that and then turn around and tell us to kill people? Durrrr....

oh...OH!!! Yeah,, It's all good now^^ but what about the wars in the bible and all? What can I tell people when they ask me...about the wars in the bible and all...and many religious wars;; People always say something like that..what should I reply?  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:24 am
During the Bible wars were necessary for God to establish His people and to prove His point: that He is, was, and will be the only God worthy of our worship and praise. He had to show His "Lion of Judah" side at high-power because, if you recall, Israel wasn't the brightest lightbulb in the box. Now, God has already proven His point, and "it is finished" through Jesus. He has shown us that He can conquer anyone and anything, including death.  

Fushigi na Butterfly

High-functioning Businesswoman

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200

Lickitung

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:22 pm
Fushigi na Butterfly
During the Bible wars were necessary for God to establish His people and to prove His point: that He is, was, and will be the only God worthy of our worship and praise. He had to show His "Lion of Judah" side at high-power because, if you recall, Israel wasn't the brightest lightbulb in the box. Now, God has already proven His point, and "it is finished" through Jesus. He has shown us that He can conquer anyone and anything, including death.
Exactly. Plus, if really did God wanted someone nixed, He could do it on His own: vengeance is the Lord's. Jesus explicitly tells us multiple times that harming someone in any way is a sin, so murder definitely isn't something he wants. The underlying theme of the Bible in my opinion is love for what is pure, good, righteous, and holy, while murder is hateful or apathetic.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:39 pm
3nodding  

Fushigi na Butterfly

High-functioning Businesswoman

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200

kairiluvxxx

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 4:36 am
whoa..okay! I get it!  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:18 am
Guys!, I have found a website that will answer your questions!

www.chick.com

I think the guy's name is john chick, the website is old but back up the bible and proves how other religions are wrong!  

Myres

Myres

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:21 am
Myres

www.chick.com

I think the guy's name is John chick- the website is old but backs up the Bible and proves how other religions are wrong!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 11:24 pm
Myres
Myres

www.chick.com

I think the guy's name is John chick- the website is old but backs up the Bible and proves how other religions are wrong!

No

Firstly, it's Jack Chick, and, secondly, the guys a complete idiot.  

ioioouiouiouio

Myres

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 7:40 am
Cometh The Inquisitor
Myres
Myres

www.chick.com

No

Firstly, it's Jack Chick, and, secondly, the guys a complete idiot.

You serious?

I thought he had good points... How is he so?  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 7:37 am
You all have awesome points and I am excited to see it so.... The truth is people are always going to think they are hearing from God.... Some people maybe you can normally tell if its scripturally basid, and if it co-insides with what you know the Living God is like... A God who loves so much to sacrifice His only son, that we might know Him, isn't going to call us to Sin, but to break the strong holds of Sin and to overcome.... I have no Idea what it would be like to be a president of a country though and knowing you are going to have to send people to war.... Or what it would be like to hear from God, and him honestly tell you... you are going to have to go to war to defend your people, or protect others... Its crazy but I know God has it all under control... I listen for His voice I am learning about my Daddy's heart and what He desires most... *shrugs* I don't know if I answered anything... but anyways just felt like typing something <3 lol  

Pastor Danielle

ioioouiouiouio

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 12:49 pm
Myres
You serious?

Jack Chick presents an over-simplified, dumbed down, hyper-fundamentalist view in his Chick Tracks that would be laughable if it were not so scary. He makes claims to the point of all rock music being The Satan's work, D & D being a recruiting tool of satanistic cults, the vatican is a gigantic communistic anti-christ, and that masons are all satanic worshippers of Baphoment. He is a fear-monger and a bigot that tries to scare people into converting.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:58 pm
Cometh The Inquisitor
Myres
You serious?

Jack Chick presents an over-simplified, dumbed down, hyper-fundamentalist view in his Chick Tracks that would be laughable if it were not so scary. He makes claims to the point of all rock music being The Satan's work, D & D being a recruiting tool of satanistic cults, the vatican is a gigantic communistic anti-christ, and that masons are all satanic worshippers of Baphoment. He is a fear-monger and a bigot that tries to scare people into converting.

Hmmm I don't know there are a few things in that I agree with... Honestly, if its not of God or speaks of the Awesomeness of God... Is it really God's will for us to dable in? If it brings someone to sin, does that mean its from God? I don't think that Rock Music is the Anti-christ, and I don't think that D&D is either, but I do believe it can lead a person into a demonic strong hold if their Faith is weak.... Then again the Holy Spirit will convict our hearts each individually on what we need out of ourlives and what we need to keep in our lives... But I for one want to be fully consicrated unto the Lord and I know that means cutting myself off from certian wordly things... But which is better? Consenicration to God? or to Live in the World? *shrugs*

And if that makes me a bigot in any means then so be it... but my heart stands before God everyday and I will do what He bids me to do and what He has spoken of being like in the Bible as well as into My heart <3

Pastor Danielle

ioioouiouiouio

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:15 pm
Danielle~SOC
Hmmm I don't know there are a few things in that I agree with... Honestly, if its not of God or speaks of the Awesomeness of God... Is it really God's will for us to dable in?
Ever thought that God gave us an imagination to be used? After all, 'a mind is a terrible thing to waste'.

Quote:
If it brings someone to sin, does that mean its from God?

Not necesarrily. I mean, God gave us the priviledge of living in first-world nations, and people abuse that.

Quote:
I don't think that Rock Music is the Anti-christ, and I don't think that D&D is either, but I do believe it can lead a person into a demonic strong
hold if their Faith is weak....

Then the problem lies in their faith, and not the thing in question.

Quote:
And if that makes me a bigot in any means then so be it... but my heart stands before God everyday and I will do what He bids me to do and what He has spoken of being like in the Bible as well as into My heart <3

Mainly, I call a bigot because of his use of racial stereotypes in his tracts (example . Note: On the website, it says that this tracts is specifically 'for native americans', and you should do well to notice the stereotypical 'dirty and drunk' native american.) He also persists in using prejudicial drawings of homosexuals, muslims, catholics and jews (to name a few). Jack Chick preads a message of elitism and hate, far from the doctrine of love that Christ taught.  
Bible Discussion {Get in the Word}

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff