Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Mabon/ First day of Autumn Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:29 pm
reagun ban

I'm looking forward to that.
As am I. It's also a cider mill. ~swoons~  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:55 pm
TeaDidikai
reagun ban

oooo, cider.

I used to be able to go sneak into the field behind my house (farmland, next best thing to the prairie around here) and steal pumpkins and feed corn. Now I feel guilty, cause the farmer sold his land to have this freakin high school built where the awesome gourds used to be.  

maenad nuri
Captain

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:58 am
Nuri
TeaDidikai
reagun ban

oooo, cider.

I used to be able to go sneak into the field behind my house (farmland, next best thing to the prairie around here) and steal pumpkins and feed corn. Now I feel guilty, cause the farmer sold his land to have this freakin high school built where the awesome gourds used to be.
I plan to serve some of Latin's Cider at the party.

Oh. That's the other thing Autumn means to me. PARTY!  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 6:11 pm
Being in Florida, our seasons do not have the dramatic change as they do up north. We celibrate by baking harvest foods, things like pies, bread, and whatever else we feel is "havest-ish". Our corner of the complex is having a Harvest Party, everyone is bringing food, and man I can't wait.  

PurpleDragonsGems

Omnipresent Bookworm

15,850 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500

queertastrophy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:28 pm
missmagpie
Apple crumble.

Though apples tend to happen a bit later in the season, apple everything is my definitive Autumn food.

Oh Hell yes. My mother and I have an apple bake-a-thon every year around the end of September. Apple pie, apple dumplings, apple crisp...I'm looking forward to it so much this year. My cooking skills have really improved, and I can't wait to see how all of the dishes will turn out.

EDIT: I typed "cookies" instead of "cooking." D'oh. xp  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:52 pm
Mile High Apple Pie...  

TeaDidikai

Pelta

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:30 am
BlueRoseTorn
EDIT: I typed "cookies" instead of "cooking." D'oh. xp
Cookies are good too! xd

Speaking of baking, blackberries are in season at the moment here. And by that I mean they're absolutely EVERYWHERE. My mom and I have already made two pints of blackberry jam and a delicious blackberry pie (that didn't last long). I'd consider making a blackberry-apple something if we had any left...

TeaDidikai
Mile High Apple Pie...
Is this the kind of pie that starts off high and gets shorter or the kind of pie that starts of short and makes you high?  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:39 am
Mmmm.... Blackberries.
Blackberries remind me of blackberry tart, which sends my tastebuds bouncing around with happyness at the memory of going blackberry hunting and cooking for the day.  

bobz

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:07 pm
missmagpie

TeaDidikai
Mile High Apple Pie...
Is this the kind of pie that starts off high and gets shorter or the kind of pie that starts of short and makes you high?
I'll take pictures when I bake it and let you decide.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 11:49 am
Thanksgiving... so far away... domokun

As far as boar spears...
Get me a good haft, some steel and a forge and I'll have you a baffled lance that no swine can run up. 3nodding  

Fiddlers Green

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:40 pm
Fiddlers Green
Thanksgiving... so far away... domokun

As far as boar spears...
Get me a good haft, some steel and a forge and I'll have you a baffled lance that no swine can run up. 3nodding
One day... but then, if I had such... ninja  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 1:18 pm
missmagpie
Speaking of baking, blackberries are in season at the moment here. And by that I mean they're absolutely EVERYWHERE. My mom and I have already made two pints of blackberry jam and a delicious blackberry pie (that didn't last long). I'd consider making a blackberry-apple something if we had any left...

I've been dying for blackberries, but they're SO expensive here! My friend and I went to the farmer's market yesterday to get fruit and other things we needed to bake, and blackberries were $6.50 a PINT. Bah! Way too rich for my blood, since I'm between jobs right now.

So we settled on some blueberries ($3.25 a pint) and made a blueberry cake, instead. Considering that she's eight and a half months pregnant, and we didn't eat all day...the cake lasted about an hour after being brought out of the oven. xd

Now I have to drag my mother up to the apple orchard on Sunday. I'm starting to really crave them. *does a happy apple crisp bounce*  

queertastrophy

Pelta

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 1:23 pm
bobz
Mmmm.... Blackberries.
Blackberries remind me of blackberry tart, which sends my tastebuds bouncing around with happyness at the memory of going blackberry hunting and cooking for the day.

Oooh that was fantastic... And the gooey yummy tastiness... *drool*

Blue: Blueberries are good too. It's just that blackberries are practically a weed in Ireland. They grow EVERYWHERE. And even during the season if you try to buy some they'll rip you off. Besides, it's much more fun to pick your own.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 1:29 pm
missmagpie
Blueberries are good too. It's just that blackberries are practically a weed in Ireland. They grow EVERYWHERE. And even during the season if you try to buy some they'll rip you off. Besides, it's much more fun to pick your own.

I haven't picked fruit in a long while, mostly because all we have growing in my area are crabapples. Ick.

I think, this next year, I'll give gardening a go again. I've started eating a lot more fruits and veggies as of late, and buying them from supermarkets and farmer's markets are often too much for my wallet.  

queertastrophy

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 1:32 pm
Note to self: Bake Blackberry Peach pie.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff