Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Slash Guild

Back to Guilds

HPSG is a guild for the discussion and pure love of all things Harry Potter and slash! Join us in support of your favorite pairing! 

Tags: Harry Potter, slash, Potter, femslash, Harry 

Reply Fanworks
OC's in slash Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

OC's?
  Love them!
  Hate them!
  Depends!
View Results

paraphernalia_101

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:12 pm
Some oc's are okay but they just generally annoy me, they ruin the other characters, no offence to OC lovers.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 9:21 pm
I hate OC's. Sometimes if they're in the background without a too big of a part or if the fic is well written then they're alright. Most of the time I don't want to read them.  

-xIx-Tyki Mikk-xIx-

Ritzy_freak

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 1:13 pm
I like Oc's when there written well And stick to the plot of HP to begin with. And God, the character is not there for the pure reason of screwing the main caracter. Not stupid works too. I write a lot of OC's. This is the one I'm working on right now. I'm trying to make this, sticking the HP Books as much as possible. I made a aunt for Harry who will help him.

This is a link.

http://www.fanfiction.net/secure/live_preview.php?storyid=3288750  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:19 pm
TaliusMuriel
I like OC's when they are really well done writen, but mostly it's to predetermined who the char will love

Mostly I don't read Storys with an OC

agreed most of the fanfics i read, don't have OC's just because not too many people can create one that fits into the plot line and is not the center of the story or becomes a mary sue or gary stew....  

Zack_F_The_Puppy

peace_love_jello

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:34 am
I hate OC's. No offense to people who like to read or write them, but they just annoy the hell out of me. Most of them are Mary-Sues/Gary-Stus so I've kind of given up on them. Also, in my opinion, there are so many great characters to write about in Harry Potter, instead of creating your own why not take a very minor character and elaborate? But, if you like OC's, keep on liking them. I'm just not very fond of them.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 3:43 pm
I don't often read HP slash with OC's, I'll really only will if it's just a side character.
But, in some cases I will really enjoy it.

~~<3~~

Sincerely Elliot

Loryene

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 5:36 pm
i usually stay away from them (especially ones with female OCs who also end up with an annoying personality) but there has been the occasional good male OC

prime example: Golden Opportunities by Messrmarauder017 on ff.net, one of my faves biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 2:28 pm
So far, I've only found one OC in a slash fic that I felt actually had substance and personality. I adored him, but that is rare for me. Generally, I avoid OCs in fanfiction period unless I can be assured that the character is well written and doesn't take away from the canon characters.  

ElegantSarcasm

Madam Hare

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 3:53 pm
I only like OC's on occation...If the story needs one to work out correctly and not make the main characters get too out of sorts then sure, i'll take it but in general I stay away from OC's.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 5:37 pm
Good topic......
It's hard for me to say because sometimes the author has no choice. In fictions of Tom/Harry (Which I have found I like a LITTLE....but I'm still Draco/Harry mostly...) sometimes the setting is in Tom's younger days time and new characters need to be created to be the oh-so-popular-Tom's "friends".
Otherwise, I'd say I hate them.
There was a really cute one of those I was reading with two great and developed slashy guys named Sebastian and Xavier. It was the greatest thing not Harry/Draco I ever read! I'll try to post a link somewhere on the site sometime (I need to be on a different computer!)  

Pearls of Dimond

Nicky Cade

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 3:39 pm
I would say it depends. If an OC can come into a story and not be Mary Sue, I have absolutely no problem with it. When it gets to the point that everyone wants said OC, and the OC finds out they are the most power wizard ever, etc...then it gets to be a bit annoying.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:50 pm
For me it just depends on the story, and it depends on the character. If the story calls for it, and I can totally buy the character, than yeah.

Generally speaking, I tend to avoid stories with them unless they've been rec'd to me in some fashion. But I do read them...  

saifai

4,100 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Donut777

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:31 am
ican do with out t hem most tend to be unoriginal the ones that are written well i do enjoy  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:12 pm
i didnt until cassius malfoy in poicales stories Webpage Title
they are amazing all of them give them a try  

PhoebeMarie

RukaMaron

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:43 pm
Personally, if the OC's are intelligent and actually have a personality. Then I don't mind it. I tend to steer clear of OC fics because most OC's aren't OC's they are Mary Sues, or the male equivilant. But if they happen to pop up in a story and are good then I don't mind in the slightest biggrin . Good work btw! heart Loved it.  
Fanworks

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff