Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply [The Pocky Shop]____Discussion Of Pre-Existing Creations (Anime/Manga/Books)
[Anime][General] Voice Actors Dubbing Yaoi Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gold!
  wo0t
View Results

angelBmine

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:47 pm
[Ryoga-chan]
Wasabi Pond
[Ryoga-chan]
Ah, and so brings up my amusing Gundam-related story~ heart

It was at Anime North 2005's Gundam Guys Guestslam with Trevor Devall, Scott McNeil, Sam Vincent and Matt Hill - when suprise surpise, Sam brought up sarcastically how much yaoi was littered around in Gundam Seed.

He proceeded to point out that Athrun had to constantly say Kira's name all lusty, and proceeded to show us what he meant. This caused several people (including myself) to melt off their chairs.

After, Matt was like "And then it panels to Kira and he's going "ATHRUUUN..." all lusty like."

xD I love eet.

xd That's so awesome! Too bad I wasn't there... wait a second... I was! *cries* I don't think I saw that... man I wish I did.

Heh. I couldn't tell you what those crazy voice actors might think. Though I'd think sometimes it might be a little awkward.

Psh, feel sorry for Steve Cannon. He voiced the Boshi twins in Fushigi Yuugi, and he described Amiboshi's death scene as "making love to yourself, it was very awkward". xD

Seriously though, give the English VAs more credit for their work. =3 Once you meet them, you'll know what I mean.

rofl omg thats great. and also to ^^^^ quote, yeah, i do think shuichi's voice was too deep in the dub. the dub bugged me too much that i couldnt watch it... confused  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 5:56 pm
At a panel that I went to at SacAnime this year, I asked Chris Patton what the most embarrasing thing he'd had to do in dubbing anime was. He said that the first episode of 'Nerima Daikon Brothers' where his character, Ichiro, was being, er, 'sexually harrased' by a sleazy host club guest was difficult to do seriously. Then he began demonstrating his amazing moaning talent to us. xD

Jori-Ness

User_2629207

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:31 am
I often ask myself, while watching yaoi; "I wonder how many takes it took for the voice actors..." because really, they'd have giggly fits etc. I know I would. And I really doubt any yaoi being dubbed... since most voice actors don't really want to see it xD
This is probably why all the Gravi VAs were total n00bs. no-one else wanted to xD

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:51 pm
Just reading this thread makes me feel soo bad for what those male VAs have to go through. Not that I don't find it funny. I always pity the straight guys who have to perfect their gay moans. rofl  

Mika_Clari

[The Pocky Shop]____Discussion Of Pre-Existing Creations (Anime/Manga/Books)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games