Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply Gaian British Guild
Ah, the annoyingly cruel nature Gaia-unpleasantries... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ph_ish

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 12:01 pm
Never been suspended or hacked. But now I've said that I probably will be and I'll loose my lovely shiney quest money.  
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 12:03 pm
Quote:
Never been suspended or hacked. But now I've said that I probably will be and I'll loose my lovely shiney quest money.

Oh well, I sure you'll be fine! smile

@ Nebelstern You don't mind that I friendlisted you do you?  

Broken Keys

Nebelstern
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 10:45 am
Pure Revenge
Quote:

Oh well, I sure you'll be fine! smile

@ Nebelstern You don't mind that I friendlisted you do you?

Well, considering you just did, I suppose not... smile  
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 10:50 am
Erix Griffon
Nephophobia

Nebelstern

Clouds you say?
Well, I suppose precipitation-yet-to-fall is one...vapour, perhaps...? sweatdrop

Just a little note, how very juxtaposed and fundamentally ironic of you to use the colloquial vernacular of 'posh' to enquire about an alternative version of another colloquially utilised word... rolleyes

stare  

Days of Empire

Mega Genius

7,750 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Nebelstern
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 10:53 am
Erix Griffon
Erix Griffon
Nephophobia

Nebelstern

Clouds you say?
Well, I suppose precipitation-yet-to-fall is one...vapour, perhaps...? sweatdrop

Erix Griffon is sooo weird

Just a little note, how very juxtaposed and fundamentally ironic of you to use the colloquial vernacular of 'posh' to enquire about an alternative version of another colloquially utilised word... rolleyes

stare

What's with the stare? I wasn't flaming you! sweatdrop I could have been in white text though...mwaha!  
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 10:56 am
A) that white text wasn't there
B) it wasn't flaming I was staring at
C) I'm utterly sleep deprived and my mind is picking up random things. Odds are in a few minutes I'll dall asleep, and then tomorrow I'll come back apologise for staring in the first place. Bleh... it's 6.55 and I've not even been to bed yet from last night.  

Days of Empire

Mega Genius

7,750 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Nebelstern
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 10:58 am
Erix Griffon
A) that white text wasn't there
B) it wasn't flaming I was staring at
C) I'm utterly sleep deprived and my mind is picking up random things. Odds are in a few minutes I'll dall asleep, and then tomorrow I'll come back apologise for staring in the first place. Bleh... it's 6.55 and I've not even been to bed yet from last night.

Yes...
I get uneasy when people stare though...
ninja
It is amazing the effect a little white-text quote editing can have...  
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 11:00 am
It was answering the question and being ignored, but nevermind. My mind is probably making mountains out of molehills againi. It does that when I starve it of sleep. Nothing personal.

I'll be able to get sleep soon...  

Days of Empire

Mega Genius

7,750 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Broken Keys

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 11:06 am
Quote:
Nephophobia

Thank you....are you sure???

Quote:
Clouds you say?
Well, I suppose precipitation-yet-to-fall is one...vapour, perhaps...?

Just a little note, how very juxtaposed and fundamentally ironic of you to use the colloquial vernacular of 'posh' to enquire about an alternative version of another colloquially utilised word...

Two things, what does juxtaposed mean and that's the only way I could put it. I am stupid after all! mrgreen No I mean it. I've fallen over and whacked in the head or etc,etc. I'm accident prone and clumsy which is just....great! stare  
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 11:09 am
Yes, it's from the greek nephos, meaning cloud.

If you juxtapose two things you place them besides one another. Often for comparison, or contrast, but sometimes to be linked.  

Days of Empire

Mega Genius

7,750 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Nebelstern
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 11:11 am
In english, a juxtaposition is two phrases or sentences that contrast directly after one another, or simultaneously if used in a metaphorical sense. The reason why I do not say contrasting 'words' is because this is an oxymoron. Such as that delightful *cough* Oasis album 'Definitely Maybe'.

So, basically, contrasting opposites. If that at all helps.

In the case I mentioned it above, I was speaking in a rather more metaphorically deep sense, picking out what you were saying and twisting it with analysis.
rolleyes  
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 11:12 am
Erix Griffon

If you juxtapose two things you place them besides one another. Often for comparison, or contrast, but sometimes to be linked.

Thankyou, mister 'steal my thunder'. *sniff* crying  

Nebelstern
Crew

Broken Keys

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 11:44 am
Quote:
Yes, it's from the greek nephos, meaning cloud.

Thank you for replying to me now, what do you call someone who's afraid of people staring at them? Yes, I am afraid of clouds and afraid of people staring at me...go on, laugh stare

Quote:
In english, a juxtaposition is two phrases or sentences that contrast directly after one another, or simultaneously if used in a metaphorical sense. The reason why I do not say contrasting 'words' is because this is an oxymoron. Such as that delightful *cough* Oasis album 'Definitely Maybe'.

So, basically, contrasting opposites. If that at all helps.

In the case I mentioned it above, I was speaking in a rather more metaphorically deep sense, picking out what you were saying and twisting it with analysis.

Nebelstern, please speak French to me as I didn't understand a word you just said. Thank you...  
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 11:48 am
Juxtaposition is the conglomeration of two opposing ideas into a singular phrase, used mainly in colloquialisms and complex poetic metaphors.

For example; the frequently used 'love hate relationship' idea

and_solo_said

Nebelstern
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 11:52 am
Par exemple, il y a un expression dans l'anglais qui est un contraste. Donc, l'expression on peut parler pour ca est_un 'juxtaposition'...

Excuse my very poor french...
rolleyes  
Gaian British Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas