Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
[Girls are Lesbians For Reading Yaoi?] Hypocritical Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

overlordofthepies

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 2:27 pm
That is a bizarre link up. (Especially considering that straight men do oogle lesbians >_>) I guess it is just a bit of ignorance.

Mind you, there are quite a few lesbians in the yaoi fandom, but I really doubt it is a majority (even though a number of my friends are gay xp .). Just as there are quite a few homophobic girls too, as I've found out. scream  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:18 pm
princessMeep
It's just dumb. Either ignore them or point out that a lesbian wouldn't really want to watch two guys get it on.

You'd think so... sweatdrop

*is a yaoi-loving lesbian.... although is mostly just a hopeless romantic*  

RionaDaidouji

Lucca Ashtear

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 6:41 pm
Seijaku_Ishida
Although I have encountered alot of bi people(I am bi myself) in the fandom...though whether or not they're doing it as a 'fad' is debatable. After all, I see alot of homophobic yaoi fangirls too.

Now THAT makes no sense... stare  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:54 pm
Lucca Ashtear
Seijaku_Ishida
Although I have encountered alot of bi people(I am bi myself) in the fandom...though whether or not they're doing it as a 'fad' is debatable. After all, I see alot of homophobic yaoi fangirls too.

Well, actually, it does in a way... Boy's Love isn't about real homosexual relationships. It's all sugar and fantasy for the many minds to wonder. xD Actually, alot of gay men in Japan find it really offensive to the gay culture or just flat-out hate it.

There is, however, a type of manga that is drawn by, and meant for, gay men. But I won't go into detail. xD

Pax et lux

ShadowedMoonlight

Ruthless Sweetheart

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:27 pm
It's stupid. People are stupid. While I do know lesbians that like BL, the majority of girls that like it are straight. For some reason it's accepted that some guys like to watch lesbians, but it isn't accepted that some girls like to watch gay men. Society is confused.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:24 pm
Lucca Ashtear
Seijaku_Ishida

Not really. Yaoi resembles gay couples in the manner that a harlequin romance resembles het relationships: Not much.

Wanna know something REALLY weird? Straight guys liking my BL webcomic. xd What's more, having a favorite pairing.  

Seijaku_Ishida

8,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Brandisher 100

jubilantmisery

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 4:34 pm
Seijaku_Ishida
I see alot of homophobic yaoi fangirls too.

How does that happen? I cannot even begin to comprehend how the one thing a fangirl would hate about someone is what turns them on. And another thing, what dumbass parent finds yaoi amongst their daughter's things and then asks if she's a lesbian?
It makes no sense!!!! scream gonk scream  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 4:46 pm
yea, thats just messed up. if i told my parents, theyd probably have the same reaction....one of my friends likes some slash but then she starts to look at me weird if i start talking more about it...omfg!!! get over urself!! scream gonk people are really shallow and stupid these days. dont just judge someone by one thing they like. thats stupid.  

angelBmine

Kitsune-chi

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 4:56 pm
*grins* I would love to look a guy in the eyes who was looking at f/f and say, "Are you gay?"  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 7:48 pm
No one has asked me YET, but when they do, I'll just grin at them creepily and say, "Close. Bi-sexual is closer." Then laugh in their faces.  

Chef Naa

Appled

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 9:13 pm
That makes no sense at all. You'd ask that if a girl was into yuri not yaoi XD
Even though I'm bi and like girls it has NOTHING to do with my love of yaoi so people are just morons for asking that XD  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:16 am
Yeah, that's the reaction I always get when I say I'm into male/male slash. "Oh, so you're a lesbian then?" My mum even asked me! Lol.  

Aeronwyn

14,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Cheerleader 200

Hey Cheesecake

350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:51 am
I know plenty of BL fangirls who are straight. One should not assume that a girl is a lesbian if you like BL. I could understand if someone asked if you where if you are a huge Shojo-Ai fangirl but not if you just like BL. Personally I'm bi-sexual and I like both BL and Shojo-Ai.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:18 am
Seijaku_Ishida
Lucca Ashtear
Seijaku_Ishida

Not really. Yaoi resembles gay couples in the manner that a harlequin romance resembles het relationships: Not much.

Regardless of how much it resembles reality, the point is still that it's two men (or two boys). It may not be anything that would ever, ever happen, but even so, when you strip it down to its bare bones, it's still gay.  

Lucca Ashtear

klausolas

Jeering Capitalist

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:47 pm
I'm glad my distaste of double standards is shared.

My usual response to the question is "Yes I'm a lesboan that's why I like two hot guys all over each other." It works reasonably well but some people don't get sarcasm.  
The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff