• Hygienic 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:30 pm
man adapting to his surounding  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:54 pm
Kain1334

that and have you ever heard of the Tower of Babel? (Genesis 11:1-9) thats where all of the languages came from.  

CuttleTheFish

Priestley

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:47 am
weird12321
Kain1334

that and have you ever heard of the Tower of Babel? (Genesis 11:1-9) thats where all of the languages came from.

There is an interesting Wikipedia article about this Bible story.

Whether the Biblical account of the tower of Babel is the truth and all other stories are variations on this truth, or whether the Biblical account is simply a version of this common myth is for anyone to decide.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:50 am
When one considers the fluidity of language even today, one might come to the conclusion that languages adapt and change as people adapt and communities change.

When one takes into account the brain's ability to learn new languages, understand their rules and use systems of rules to invent new ones, then factor in the ability of language to include and exlude individuals from a collective group, one could argue that the mythology surrounding the confounding of languages need not contain any truth whatsoever.

Priestley

Love Miyuki Snow

Destitute Fatcat

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:16 pm
Well the way I see it and others may disagree, but if you notice it says in the Bible that God made Adam from the Earth, saying that he made him "from the dust of the ground." (Gen 2:7) In the beginning all the sand was the same color but because of the environment the color of the sand changed. Because we are made from the dust of the ground we change with the environment as well over a period of time. If you look at each race and where they originated from, they match the color of the sand of their homeland. African sand is black and thus their skin black, European sand is white and so is their skin, Mediterranean is brown and so their skin is a brownish color, Asian sand is yellow and their skin is yellow, American sand is red so the Native Americans have red skin and so on.

This also is a supporting account of creationary evolution.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:24 am
Love Miyuki Snow
Well the way I see it and others may disagree, but if you notice it says in the Bible that God made Adam from the Earth, saying that he made him "from the dust of the ground." (Gen 2:7) In the beginning all the sand was the same color but because of the environment the color of the sand changed. Because we are made from the dust of the ground we change with the environment as well over a period of time. If you look at each race and where they originated from, they match the color of the sand of their homeland. African sand is black and thus their skin black, European sand is white and so is their skin, Mediterranean is brown and so their skin is a brownish color, Asian sand is yellow and their skin is yellow, American sand is red so the Native Americans have red skin and so on.

This also is a supporting account of creationary evolution.

The earth outside my house is typically dark brown/black. The earth in most of European agriculture is the same or similar colour. I am caucasian of mixed European heritage. My skin is 'white'.

The earth in most of Africa is red in temperate and jungle zones, similar to the earth in central Australia, whereas the earth in the deserts is sunbleached yellow-white. Most native Africans are 'black', while people in north Africa tend to be of Middle Eastern or European heritage and their skin is lighter brown. In addition, 'black' people from Africa look markedly different from 'black' people in Australia while being 'black'.

Skin colour is determined by a substance that the body produces called melanin. It is a pigment. It is produced in the skin naturally. The amount in one's skin increases as one spends longer in the sun. This is why one gets a sun tan. It is a response to sun exposure as a defence against the sun's damaging ultraviolet-frequency light. Long term exposure to the sun can increase the risk of skin cancer. Over generations, different races of people have adapted to different natural conditions, such as the amount of sunlight. Skin colour is one such adaptation.

The evidence available is contrary to your theory.

Priestley

Atreadia Allaani

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:39 pm
Dark Captain Gio
how did we divide into so many different races? when man was created were adam and eve like every race or what?

The word "race" is so misused today. Race has become color defining. Race has nothing to do with the color of our skin. It has nothing to do with culture, language, and nation of origin. It has become another way of saying... Hey! You are different than I am. In reality, however, there is only one race we all belong to... the Human one.

That said....

God scattered the people in Genesis, while they were building the Tower of Babel. Then He divided the continents. Since that time, we have been busy creating our separations amongst ourselves... Creating new nations, new clans, new languages, new alphabets/pictographs to communicate with each other.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:50 am
Atreadia Allaani
Dark Captain Gio
how did we divide into so many different races? when man was created were adam and eve like every race or what?

The word "race" is so misused today. Race has become color defining. Race has nothing to do with the color of our skin. It has nothing to do with culture, language, and nation of origin. It has become another way of saying... Hey! You are different than I am. In reality, however, there is only one race we all belong to... the Human one.

That said....

God scattered the people in Genesis, while they were building the Tower of Babel. Then He divided the continents. Since that time, we have been busy creating our separations amongst ourselves... Creating new nations, new clans, new languages, new alphabets/pictographs to communicate with each other.

...Um....Geological proof of the continents separating dates further back than the tower of Babel, I'm pretty sure....Call me crazy, but the story doesn't mention God dividing the continents....It just says that He scattered them abroad the earth...  

ferret658

Atreadia Allaani

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:35 pm
ferret658
Atreadia Allaani
Dark Captain Gio

That said....

...Um....Geological proof of the continents separating dates further back than the tower of Babel, I'm pretty sure....Call me crazy, but the story doesn't mention God dividing the continents....It just says that He scattered them abroad the earth...
I don't believe the world is Multi Millions of years old. I believe in a Young Earth. (Actual geological theory of history and earth age)  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:43 pm
Atreadia Allaani
ferret658
Atreadia Allaani
Dark Captain Gio

That said....

I don't believe the world is Multi Millions of years old. I believe in a Young Earth. (Actual geological theory of history and earth age)
Actually the world is billions of years old. Not millions. Humanity has been on the planet for millions of years. If God was never changing, don't you think time would go slower for him? So if time went by slower then 7 days-2.4 billion or 6 billion years. Whereas if God was ever changing then time would go by faster so 7 days=4,000 or 6,000 years old. :3  

Tirissana

5,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

ferret658

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:15 am
-Tsukiyo-Moon Maiden
Atreadia Allaani
ferret658
Atreadia Allaani
Dark Captain Gio

That said....

Actually the world is billions of years old. Not millions. Humanity has been on the planet for millions of years. If God was never changing, don't you think time would go slower for him? So if time went by slower then 7 days-2.4 billion or 6 billion years. Whereas if God was ever changing then time would go by faster so 7 days=4,000 or 6,000 years old. :3

I addressed the basis for my belief in this in another thread, but since I'm a lazy Mexican, I'll just explain it again! mrgreen

God created everything. Space, matter, light, temperature, gravity, physics and the most important thing: Time.
Since God created everything, He would be outside of His creation, although He does visit us via the Holy Spirit. That's just like you creating a story. The laws in that story don't apply to you.
Back to the point: God is outside of time because He created it. Time doesn't even apply to Him. How awesome is that?
Here's the scripture to back this theory :
2 Peter 3:8 But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day.
Also, since God created everything under the same laws, His works would hafta have a realistic cause. Like the fact that we have dinosaur remains, but no mention of dinosaurs in the Bible. We have neanderthal and cro-magnon remains, but no mention of them in the Bible.
We can make leaps in interpreting the Bible in ways to "find" proof of these remains, but what's the point if it has no relevance to salvation?
I'm going to venture to say that everything God does is limited (for a horrible lack of a better word) by the laws that He created so not only "bible thumpers" could come to find and know Him, but scientists as well.
Personally, I watch the Discovery channel and the History channel and National Geographic and I believe every word of it because science has been tested to no only be the ultimate secular truth, but a secular testament to God's great work, amen?  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:06 am
ferret658
-Tsukiyo-Moon Maiden
Atreadia Allaani
ferret658
Atreadia Allaani
Dark Captain Gio

That said....

I addressed the basis for my belief in this in another thread, but since I'm a lazy Mexican, I'll just explain it again! mrgreen

God created everything. Space, matter, light, temperature, gravity, physics and the most important thing: Time.
Since God created everything, He would be outside of His creation, although He does visit us via the Holy Spirit. That's just like you creating a story. The laws in that story don't apply to you.
Back to the point: God is outside of time because He created it. Time doesn't even apply to Him. How awesome is that?
2 Peter 3:8 But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day.
Also, since God created everything under the same laws, His works would hafta have a realistic cause. Like the fact that we have dinosaur remains, but no mention of dinosaurs in the Bible. We have neanderthal and cro-magnon remains, but no mention of them in the Bible.
We can make leaps in interpreting the Bible in ways to "find" proof of these remains, but what's the point if it has no relevance to salvation?
I'm going to venture to say that everything God does is limited (for a horrible lack of a better word) by the laws that He created so not only "bible thumpers" could come to find and know Him, but scientists as well.
Personally, I watch the Discovery channel and the History channel and National Geographic and I believe every word of it because science has been tested to no only be the ultimate secular truth, but a secular testament to God's great work, amen?
Which is what I was referring to. :3 If God was outside of time and was never changing then time would in a sense go by much slower for him. Whereas it goes by fast for humans. For us time is a mere illusion. It goes by fast as we get older.

I like Nat Geo, History, and Discovery Channel. :3 They all have interesting shows on the cultures, science, religions, etc. It helps one learn more about another's culture, history and religion. :3  

Tirissana

5,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Atreadia Allaani

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:08 am
-Tsukiyo-Moon Maiden
ferret658
-Tsukiyo-Moon Maiden
Atreadia Allaani
ferret658

Which is what I was referring to. :3 If God was outside of time and was never changing then time would in a sense go by much slower for him. Whereas it goes by fast for humans. For us time is a mere illusion. It goes by fast as we get older.

I like Nat Geo, History, and Discovery Channel. :3 They all have interesting shows on the cultures, science, religions, etc. It helps one learn more about another's culture, history and religion. :3
I like Nat Geo, Discovery, and the History channels as well, I just do not have to agree with their theories on the Bible, Time, and the Age of the Earth.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:56 am
Atreadia Allaani
-Tsukiyo-Moon Maiden
ferret658
-Tsukiyo-Moon Maiden
Atreadia Allaani
ferret658

I like Nat Geo, Discovery, and the History channels as well, I just do not have to agree with their theories on the Bible, Time, and the Age of the Earth.

Okay, that's cool, too. So are we agreeing to disagree on this one?  

ferret658

Atreadia Allaani

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:45 am
Guess we are.  
Bible Discussion {Get in the Word}

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items