Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Mormon club and pagan club sharing a table on the quad. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

o rly?
  ya rly
View Results

Tsuzuki

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 4:59 pm
mouseyanna
Mormons are taught to know thy enemy...
I thought that was from Sun Tzu's Art of War.

TatteredAngel
I doubt most of my Mormon friends ever heard of the Law of Agape.
Perhaps you should remind them.

http://scriptures.lds.org/en/moro/7/45-47#45
Moroni 7:45-47
45 And charity suffereth long, and is kind, and envieth not, and is not puffed up, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil, and rejoiceth not in iniquity but rejoiceth in the truth, beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.
46 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, if ye have not charity, ye are nothing, for charity never faileth. Wherefore, cleave unto charity, which is the greatest of all, for all things must fail—
47 But charity is the pure love of Christ, and it endureth forever; and whoso is found possessed of it at the last day, it shall be well with him.

Charity (English) - Agape (Greek)

Also remind them of this:

http://scriptures.lds.org/en/moro/7/18-19#18
Moroni 7:18-19
18 And now, my brethren, seeing that ye know the light by which ye may judge, which light is the light of Christ, see that ye do not judge wrongfully; for with that same judgment which ye judge ye shall also be judged.
19 Wherefore, I beseech of you, brethren, that ye should search diligently in the light of Christ that ye may know good from evil; and if ye will lay hold upon every good thing, and condemn it not, ye certainly will be a child of Christ.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 5:09 pm
Aesi
My seminary teacher told his class that we aren't to speak of her but once in a while because God doesn't want her names vulgarized like his are.
Your seminary teacher was a fool. There is nothing in the official church handbook of instruction that indicates any disciplinary action for even praying to our Mother in Heaven. I must assume that your teacher was trying to avoid controversy, which is understandable considering the fact that many want to deny Mormonism its Christian label, but reality is what you can get away with, and there is a lot that you can get away with in Mormonism if you know how to conduct yourself. Trust me on this one. There isn't even any disciplinary action for joining another religion.  

Tsuzuki

Fiddlers Green

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:42 am
Tsuzuki
There isn't even any disciplinary action for joining another religion.

So long as, having once known the truth, one does not deny it.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:11 am
Fiddlers Green
Tsuzuki
There isn't even any disciplinary action for joining another religion.

So long as, having once known the truth, one does not deny it.
And I've never seen a need to do so even in the places where nothing is true and everything is permitted.

"All truth is independent in that sphere in which God has placed it, to act for itself, as all intelligence also; otherwise there is no existence." - D&C 93:30

That looks like paradigm piracy to me.  

Tsuzuki

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 10:07 am
Tsuzuki
Things went pretty smoothly for the most part. We moved the LDS club to the next table over that was unclaimed so they could have more room. I had hoped to get a bit more mingling and discussion between the two clubs, but there was only one other Mormon there besides me at the table, and he was busy with passers by. There's also the fact that we were right next to a really loud band.

Anyway, the seeds have been planted.
~wonders how rich the soil is~  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 1:55 pm
TeaDidikai
Tsuzuki
Things went pretty smoothly for the most part. We moved the LDS club to the next table over that was unclaimed so they could have more room. I had hoped to get a bit more mingling and discussion between the two clubs, but there was only one other Mormon there besides me at the table, and he was busy with passers by. There's also the fact that we were right next to a really loud band.

I grew from it.

(You can take that any way you want.)  

Tsuzuki

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 6:45 pm
Tsuzuki
TeaDidikai
Tsuzuki

I grew from it.

My own fault for not working it better.

I was thinking compost, not radioactive waste.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 7:00 pm
TeaDidikai
Tsuzuki
TeaDidikai
Tsuzuki

I grew from it.

You're just jealous of my super powers.  

Tsuzuki

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 7:20 pm
Tsuzuki
TeaDidikai
Tsuzuki
TeaDidikai
Tsuzuki

I grew from it.

The ability to fart "Take me out to the Ball Game" is not a super power. talk2hand  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 7:25 pm
TeaDidikai
Tsuzuki
TeaDidikai
Tsuzuki
TeaDidikai
Tsuzuki

I grew from it.

The ability to fart "Take me out to the Ball Game" is not a super power. talk2hand
That only happened once.  

Tsuzuki

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 8:12 pm
Tsuzuki
TeaDidikai
Tsuzuki
TeaDidikai
Tsuzuki
I grew from it.

That only happened once.
Only because it was denounced as a crime against mankind based on what was left of your clothing as evidence.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 8:31 pm
TeaDidikai
Tsuzuki
TeaDidikai
Tsuzuki
TeaDidikai
Tsuzuki
I grew from it.

That only happened once.
Only because it was denounced as a crime against mankind based on what was left of your clothing as evidence.
It still only happened once...

By the way...
rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl <-- this is me right now  

Tsuzuki

Tsuzuki

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 8:33 pm
Oh, and just curious, but do you ever tell the Mormon missionaries who come by to play video games about me? If so, how do they react?  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 9:09 am
Tsuzuki
Oh, and just curious, but do you ever tell the Mormon missionaries who come by to play video games about me? If so, how do they react?
I do actually. They don't really comment on what I mention. xd  

TeaDidikai

Tsuzuki

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 9:29 am
TeaDidikai
Tsuzuki
I do actually. They don't really comment on what I mention. xd
What do you tell them? xd  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas