Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply Music - Related Topics
Music, unstereotyped. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Your humble thread keeper offers you gold in return for your words.
  Thank you kind thread keeper.
View Results

Eskimos are so gay

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:23 am
Sayga Takaino
The Ether and the Inuk
Sayga Takaino
UraniumMonk
GilAskan

"Revolutionary, Vol. 1" = Best Rap Album I've heard in a long time

True that. Aside from the occasional Tupac, I'm not too into rap, but Technique is just awesome.
rap needs one thing....... a "c" in front of it!!!! rap sucks!

You're a f*****t.

Thats pretty mean..... i thought we were all friends here.

I laughed so hard at this.

Quote:
oh and by the way sorry but thats just what i think........ you can't change that now can you?

Actually there are plenty of ways to do just that. Not that I care much. If you want to have shitty taste, feel free to. It doesn't mean I won't comment.

Honestly, bringing back a 2 year old thread to insult a genre of music is just incredibly stupid.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:13 am
*Berlin
*Pink Floyd
*Iggy and the Stooges
*Blackalicious
*Eyeless in Gaza
*Aesop Rock
*Immortal Technique (With the common interest, I think I smell a new stereotype brewing...)
*Slick Rick  

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

Sayga Takaino

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:38 pm
The Ether and the Inuk
Sayga Takaino
The Ether and the Inuk
Sayga Takaino
UraniumMonk

True that. Aside from the occasional Tupac, I'm not too into rap, but Technique is just awesome.
rap needs one thing....... a "c" in front of it!!!! rap sucks!

You're a f*****t.

Thats pretty mean..... i thought we were all friends here.

I laughed so hard at this.

Quote:
oh and by the way sorry but thats just what i think........ you can't change that now can you?

Actually there are plenty of ways to do just that. Not that I care much. If you want to have shitty taste, feel free to. It doesn't mean I won't comment.

Honestly, bringing back a 2 year old thread to insult a genre of music is just incredibly stupid.hey i brought it back so what.... it was on the 3rd page...  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:15 pm
Sayga Takaino
hey i brought it back so what.... it was on the 3rd page...

Our frustration with your opinion comes from it's nature-

9 times out of 10, people who hate rap are ignorant of the genre. Most people who hate the genre have never heard a rap album all the way through, and likewise, have heard only a small portion of the styles and themes explored in the genre.

Your profile suggests that you are only 13, which makes sense in context. As a young white male, it's not surprising you dislike rap. This is very common. In several years, you'll probably have a broader perspective on music, and therefore, will be more capable of making an informed statement on the genre.

During such a time of growth, I suggest you keep an open mind to rap, which, as a genre, is just as broad as any other.  

GilAskan
Crew

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:59 pm
GilAskan
Sayga Takaino

9 times out of 10, people who hate rap are ignorant of the genre. Most people who hate the genre have never heard a rap album all the way through, and likewise, have heard only a small portion of the styles and themes explored in the genre.

Your profile suggests that you are only 13, which makes sense in context. As a young white male, it's not surprising you dislike rap. This is very common. In several years, you'll probably have a broader perspective on music, and therefore, will be more capable of making an informed statement on the genre.

During such a time of growth, I suggest you keep an open mind to rap, which, as a genre, is just as broad as any other.

Verbally pwned!!!!!! twisted  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:09 pm
XWraith_LordX
GilAskan
Sayga Takaino

Verbally pwned!!!!!! twisted
crap i got pwned gonk well everyone in my area likes rap (i guess thats why there aren't many goths where i live) and once i was like "what the hell... i listen to some rap." so i listened to the whole album........ i hated it...... there was nothing good about it  

Sayga Takaino

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:47 am
Sayga Takaino
b]crap i got pwned gonk well everyone in my area likes rap (i guess thats why there aren't many goths where i live) and once i was like "what the hell... i listen to some rap." so i listened to the whole album........ i hated it...... there was nothing good about it

You've listened to ONE album, and you discount an entire genre? Expand your horizons-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuDHR2OY5h8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrBRJVGLRPo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dvTS9gwEg4

Sayga Takaino
everyone in my area likes rap (i guess thats why there aren't many goths where i live)

There's a lot of goths in this guild who like rap. You seem to be under the impression that liking rap means a person isn't goth.

neutral  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:38 am
GilAskan
Sayga Takaino
b]crap i got pwned gonk well everyone in my area likes rap (i guess thats why there aren't many goths where i live) and once i was like "what the hell... i listen to some rap." so i listened to the whole album........ i hated it...... there was nothing good about it

You've listened to ONE album, and you discount an entire genre? Expand your horizons-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuDHR2OY5h8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrBRJVGLRPo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dvTS9gwEg4

Sayga Takaino
everyone in my area likes rap (i guess thats why there aren't many goths where i live)

There's a lot of goths in this guild who like rap. You seem to be under the impression that liking rap means a person isn't goth.

neutral
no u can like rap and still be goth.. its just everyone in my school would rather be "gangster" then goth  

Sayga Takaino

Sayga Takaino

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:01 am
ok.. i just finished listening to those songs.... the 1st one was weird. the 2nd and 3rd ones i've heard stuff like it. i didn't really like the songs that much at all. like i said before u can't change what i think easily....  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:29 pm
Sayga Takaino
ok.. i just finished listening to those songs.... the 1st one was weird. the 2nd and 3rd ones i've heard stuff like it. i didn't really like the songs that much at all. like i said before u can't change what i think easily....

I don't think Gil is trying to turn you into a fan of rap, necessarily.

He's just trying to show you that it's not all the same, that it isn't all bad, and that people can listen to it without fitting into some silly "gangster" stereotype.  

Eskimos are so gay

Oreo the Sphinx

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:27 am
Aside from Goth, I enjoy music like:

*Soundgarden(!!), Alice in Chains, Green River, Mother Love Bone and other grunge
*Red Hot Chili Peppers
*Jimi Hendrix
*Massive Attack, Portishead, Tricky, Esthero, Sneaker Pimps, trip-hoppy stuff...
*Jane's Addiction
*Fiona Apple
*Amy Winehouse
*Rage Against the Machine
*Sigur Ros (just discovered them heart heart )
*Led Zeppelin
*The Stooges
*David Bowie
*THE DOORS!!!! biggrin
And a whole lot of other stuff. The last time i counted all my favorite bands it came to more than 89 artists lol so I can't remember them all...  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:10 pm
The Beatles are my FAVORITE band.
I have a Yellow Submarine poster up on my wall.

Aside from Goth, I also like:
Nirvana
Evanescence
Oingo Boingo
ABBA
Bryan Addams
Phil Collins

I have odd music tastes...
xd  

xX-DeadMansParty-Xx

osozaki girl

Fashionable Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:21 am
the smiths.
tegan and sara.
the shangri-las.
radiohead.
coldplay.
the aquabats.
various ska bands.
the clash.

some of the others i'm not sure if they fall into the goth steriotype or not, because i'm sure some goths like them (the horrors, my bloody valentine,).  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:59 pm
u2
t. rex
neon synthesis
left spine down  

AEtherclaw

MEOWITSTERRA

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:30 pm
I like my Covenant Combichrist and In Strict Confidence, but I've discovered some awesome stuff:

firewater! it's amazing! tribal in a way, and each album sounds specifically like a different country (kinda like juno reactor?).

and I also like

ratatat, sneaker pimps, and slow music from the 1940's ;3  
Music - Related Topics

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas