Many Paths to Gothdom Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shock Tart

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 12:26 pm
OOKAMI-NIM
i guesss i'ave always liked the dark side.... also my parent drove me to it with there constent bickering... plus i like rock music... my family doesn't truely know of my being gothic, for if they did i'd be disowned

You would be disowned!? eek Damn your parents must be really up tight..makes me feel lucky. The only thing my mom had ( I say had because I'm 20, and she is pretty much used to everything I do now) problems with was Marilyn Manson and when I was a young teenager I was very sulky and gripped a lot, but most teenagers do anyway.

I have noticed that a lot of people that feel different from mainstream people have usually had experiences that set the apart from others, or they where just always different and it had nothing to do with other people. It goes both ways for me, but I also think that because I was smarter than the other kids at school they picked on me and it made me feel even more different. I guess it started with music really though, the Sex Pistols where my first favorite band, I was punk at first. My mom was also the real artsy type, she really encouraged free thought and the love to learn.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 3:20 pm
Hmm... It's been in me ever since I was born sweatdrop I don't know... I didn't dress in black all my life, my mom's against it, but I always was on the darker side of things... Maybe you should ask my friends... >.>

[Disasterpiece]

Sdara

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 4:03 pm
.....I used to be bright and cheerful once, I think.....  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 4:26 pm
i have been "gothic" ever since i remember...  

Rosmarin

Virtuous Lunatic

themagikat

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 4:52 pm
why do you use gothic in quotations?  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 5:17 pm
because it is a lable and can be entercanged in my case with "freak" and a few others...  

Rosmarin

Virtuous Lunatic

Sdara

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 5:19 am
.....I used to be bright and cheerful once, I think.....but I'm not stereotypical goth, per say...  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 6:25 pm
neither am i, actually. especially at my job, i have to be optimistic for a long time so i am basically another person at work. only my close friends know who i really am on the inside, everyone else thinks im a weird artist (and magician), lol  

themagikat

Dearest Darling`

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 8:04 am
Sdara
...I used to be bright and cheerful once, I think...
Please don't remind me of when I was a posser prep gonk  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 4:38 pm
I always had a creative streak when I was younger; I wrote poetry and drew pictures and valued the time I got to spend alone in my room. As I got older, my poetry became darker and I started to listen to darker music, most likely because I was an outsider at school and had precious few real friends (who were themselves outsiders). After a while I came to appreciate being in the background and away from the prying eyes of the "popular" students. When I finally moved out on my own, I hated stereotypes and trends so much that I began to experiment with my clothing styles. I actually went through a "clubber" phase which ended quickly when it caused people to question my sexuality. I knew about goths but didn't find out what defines the subculture until fairly recently, and when I did I instantly knew it describes me almost perfectly. So here I am, a creative, intelligent, anti-conformist individual and proud to admit it.

That's my story.

ThermaDraconis

ceilisidhe

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 7:30 pm
Honestly, what is the "norm's" basis for comparison? I've never comprehended it to begin with.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 4:00 pm
Well I think it was clothing and music. My clothing slowly changed over time. I started out listening to mainstream stuff. After a week or so of listening to the radio I thought there has to be better music than this. I got my first Cds(A Dead Kennedys one and also a Rob Zombie) and from that I branched out into what I am now.  

RaptorTalons

Harry Potters_son13

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 7:10 pm
Please don't mistake me for nube it's a long story that you can read in my journal.
Anyway i started with the clothes. One day i saw this goth gut walkin down the road and wanted to look like him. After that i got goth friends who got me intrested itno the music and poetry thing.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 8:56 pm
What got me started...hmm....yeah, like a lot of people here, I was just pessimistic my whole life. I just realized it last year though...but when I really realized it, it was the poetry, if that made any sense. I mean, one day I was browsing the web (as always) and came across some gothic poetry. It just felt so common to me...
I, too, am raised in a protective household (my parents can stalk me on the computer if they wanted to) and they kind of know...it's a complex thing, much like my dad not having a clue and my mom not knowing it consciously, but knowing it subconsciously.
Really, when most people hear my name (I mean people who go to my house and attend the same school as me and stuff) they think, "WHO? Oh, yeah, that little..." and they go off cursing about me because of unknown reasons. No one's ever thought of me as goth except for close friends who know EXACTLY what goes on in this head.  

eereesa

Krystal_digitaliS

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 1:40 am
I'm really not sure if i AM goth. i do enjoy hard rock, death metal, heavy metal, but then i listen to country and western too. i even listen to POP, shock horror. i'm not the depressed and lonely type, actually i'm usually hyperactive and happy, but i do wear a lot of black, usualy with a bit of colour though, and i am mrried to my sneakes and a pair of five inch heels i own. I watch horror movies but i love a good comedy too. I like to sit in the sun? but does that make me a prep? or a goth? or a raver? or a normal everyday human being who just walks around wondering what her label is?  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff