Sisters of mercy Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:16 am
I just bought "Vision Thing". Honestly, I'm not at all impressed.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:49 pm
They were a part of the 2nd wave of Goth bands during the 80's. Bauhaus, Siouxsie and the Banshees, and a lot of the original Deathrock bands (i.e. Christian Death) came first.  

MediaclCunt

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:56 am
I've really enjoyed "First and Last and Always" and "Floodland", but I don't listen to either of them often.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:13 pm
I have only heard a few of their songs at a goth event I go to, but I do know that what I know is very nice to dance to.

I'll have to pick me up some CDs.  

MEOWITSTERRA

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:40 pm
Didn't they do that song about the place... and the people, something about sex in a consecrated building...  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:41 am
GilAskan

I wouldn't be, either. I think personally that their other albums were way better than Vision Thing, which is the only one I don't have.

My favourite of their songs is probably Alice. I also love the cover The Shroud did of it.  

Veruniel
Crew

Oreo the Sphinx

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 11:32 pm
"Floodland" is the s**t. I love "Lucretia my Reflection"

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 7:21 am
GilAskan

Ribbons is the only reason I haven't sold, or even thrown out, Vision Thing.  

Eskimos are so gay

AEtherclaw

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 5:39 pm
i'm listening to flood II right now  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:43 pm
I absolutely love the Sisters. They are one of the first bands that got me into goth music, and remain to be one of my favorites. "This Corrosion" is my fave song by them, followed by "Something Fast" and "Lucretia, My Reflection". Andrew Eldritch has an awesome voice.  

Lady_Tenebrae

nautilus pilot

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:56 pm
xxrackellaxx
I really like Sisters of Mercy. I listen to "This Corrosion" whenever I'm under a lot of stress, and it helps me calm down a lot.

Funny story involving SOM: When I first started listening to them, my mom heard a few of their songs and decided that she liked them (she had never heard of them in the 80s. Sad, huh?). So she went to Hot Topic and asked if they had any SOM merchandise. The first time this happened, all she got was a blank stare. The second time she asked, the guy she asked said that if Hot Topic sold SOM stuff, he'd have already bought it all.

THAT, is why Hot Topic sucks.

They are great. Their first album is the best, but I didn't like "Vision Thing" that much.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:11 am
Sisters are in my top five. "Vision Thing" was overproduced and it's been said that Andy wanted more of a "rock" sound for the album to get away from the label of "goth", which he has always hated. My favorite songs are "Adrenochrome" and "Temple of Love" (not the remix). I'm going to see them in Nov. and I'm as giddy as a schoolgirl about it.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Feed Me! Adopted from Valenth

Johnny Paranoid

Music - Related Topics

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas