73%  [ 19 ]
death
26%
 26%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 26

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:31 am
without death, you couldn't call life "life" because eventually it would just turn into this meaningless existence. and theres no rest...the notion of "death" gives you something to live for and enjoy in life, because you may never get another again, or the same one with the same opportunities. so enjoy it.

I think about death a lot, and maybe a "obsesssed" with morbid paraphanalia because i'm not afraid of it. black=in society the color (actualy shade) for death. by wearing black I embrace and exept it as an inevitable part of life and something that makes life 'life". people embrace the light and the sun a lot, skirts with flowers, sun rooms, theme parks, celebrating the bright sight and the joys of life. (theme parks=adrenaline from rollar coasters!!!) but how often to you see someone who isn't goth with a coffin shaped handbag? other people say its "dark" and "creepy" because they are AFRAID. they dont know whats beyond the dark stretch of nothingness seperating life from death/next life/heaven. maybe there is no heaven? I'm not afraid of death, I think about what it is and whats beyond that. In some cultures your not supposed to cry when someone dies so they wont be tempted to stay to comfort the living. and, "A man is not truly dead until he is forgotten" or something like that.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:06 pm
[Well, I wouldn't say I'm obsessed by death. It's more like, I've gotten over the fact that I'm going to die and I can concetrate better on other things.]
[Although, I do quite like to plot the worst ways to kill people who I really can't stand razz ]

Genica Pussywillow

MortSanglant

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 3:11 pm
I'll ignore the stereotypical nature of this topic, but I first have to point out that not all goths are obsessed with death.

I've known several who can't handle the thought of death at all.

I attribute my "obsession" with death to several things. One being my distaste for most of those living. I prefer dealing with those who can't complain to me or annoy me - hence my profession.

I just have a very morbid mind. I find so much beauty in the darkness. I know I sound, oh, so cliche with that, but it's true. I dislike heat as well. I associate heat with life, and cold with death. Hence an affinity for death.

Etc...

[[I totally lost my desire to finish talking about this]]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 5:00 am
MortSanglant
I'll ignore the stereotypical nature of this topic, but I first have to point out that not all goths are obsessed with death.

I attribute my "obsession" with death to several things. One being my distaste for most of those living. I prefer dealing with those who can't complain to me or annoy me - hence my profession.

I just have a very morbid mind. I find so much beauty in the darkness. I know I sound, oh, so cliche with that, but it's true. I dislike heat as well. I associate heat with life, and cold with death. Hence an affinity for death.

Etc...

Besides! Cold doesn't make you smell bad, whereas heat does!!
Think about that, everyone!
Wait, dying makes you smell bad...
Paradox!!!
(I appologize, I'm being much too idle for my mind to function as it should.)  

Athiel

Angel Bruja

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:15 am
Artemis-Saphyra
I think about death a lot because it's unknown. No one knows for sure what waits on the other side.

I do the same. It's proably like that for a lot of us.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:46 am
Athiel
MortSanglant

Etc...

Besides! Cold doesn't make you smell bad, whereas heat does!!
Think about that, everyone!
Wait, dying makes you smell bad...
Paradox!!!
(I appologize, I'm being much too idle for my mind to function as it should.)

xd

MortSanglant

Al-aaraaf

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 5:28 pm
I am not obsessed.

But I just find in interesting to think about, and I think about it often.

I do not fear it, it is a natural occurance we all expirience. I see no reason to fear death.

I tend to think about possible outcomes. Where we go, what happens, etc.

I also find it beautiful, in a way.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces