Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
HELP! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Will you teach me
  yes
  no
View Results

Lord Sutekh

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 7:37 pm
VisasMarr
TeaDidikai
Why on earth would you want to be the Priestess of a Fertility Cult?

That is what I want to know. Why does everyone (that is the newbs to the "Pagan" scene) want to be Wiccan? Is it just because that seems to be the most readily availible - as in all of the "literature" about it?

It baffles me.

It is publically broadcast at my school as an awesome religion that allows you to do spells!

*wears and ankh and a quartz and have like ten kids ask me if I can teach them wicca* stare I hate the new year fluff...  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 7:39 pm
VisasMarr
TeaDidikai

That is what I want to know. Why does everyone (that is the newbs to the "Pagan" scene) want to be Wiccan? Is it just because that seems to be the most readily availible - as in all of the "literature" about it?

It baffles me.
Because more than likely, it's the religion they heard about first, whether or not it be truely Wiccan. You turn the corner in the occult world, and you will see the most books, the most people pretending (or not) to be Wiccan, and generaly, the most mentionings of Wicca in the poopular pagan scene.  

Kal Eldritch

Henry Dorsett Case

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 7:40 pm
VisasMarr
TeaDidikai

It baffles me.
Hmm. Technically, most of the newbs to the Pagan scene don't want to be Wiccan - a Priest or Priestess of the Lord and Lady's Fertility Cult. They want to be what they perceive to be Wiccan - the do-whatever-you-want, believe-whatever-you-want Nature-based Goddess religion. Some of the Pop Wiccans in my high school honestly believed that they could just call themselves Wiccan, claim that something was a sacrament, and that they were exempt from the law - smoking pot and dropping acid suddenly became insta-sacraments to these kids. The Pop Wiccans enjoyed talking about the Goddess (and the females tended to only acknowledge the Goddess), how they worshipped Her by making blood offerings to the Earth, and what color candle you light for a love spell (always fun when two authors of a supposedly-unified religion disagree on mechanics like that).

Wanna scare a teenage wannabe Wiccan? Show them the First Degree Initiation ritual.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 7:42 pm
Henry Dorsett Case
VisasMarr
TeaDidikai

It baffles me.
Hmm. Technically, most of the newbs to the Pagan scene don't want to be Wiccan - a Priest or Priestess of the Lord and Lady's Fertility Cult. They want to be what they perceive to be Wiccan - the do-whatever-you-want, believe-whatever-you-want Nature-based Goddess religion. Some of the Pop Wiccans in my high school honestly believed that they could just call themselves Wiccan, claim that something was a sacrament, and that they were exempt from the law - smoking pot and dropping acid suddenly became insta-sacraments to these kids. The Pop Wiccans enjoyed talking about the Goddess (and the females tended to only acknowledge the Goddess), how they worshipped Her by making blood offerings to the Earth, and what color candle you light for a love spell (always fun when two authors of a supposedly-unified religion disagree on mechanics like that).

Wanna scare a teenage wannabe Wiccan? Show them the First Degree Initiation ritual.

Which one? gonk I've read atleast five >.>  

Lord Sutekh

Henry Dorsett Case

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 7:44 pm
Seth_God
Have you read the Wiccan First Degree Initiation ritual in an actual Book of Shadows?

ADDENDUM: Let's just say it's not for kiddies.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 7:49 pm
Henry Dorsett Case
Seth_God
Have you read the Wiccan First Degree Initiation ritual in an actual Book of Shadows?

probably not, got anything (links etc) that I might steal from you? (I'm to lazy to search for myself >_< *surfs anyway*  

Lord Sutekh

VisasMarr

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 7:51 pm
Sovereign of Darkness
VisasMarr
TeaDidikai

It baffles me.
Because more than likely, it's the religion they heard about first, whether or not it be truely Wiccan. You turn the corner in the occult world, and you will see the most books, the most people pretending (or not) to be Wiccan, and generaly, the most mentionings of Wicca in the poopular pagan scene.

Well, I will relate my own experience. I first went for "witchcraft" and because of some reason, every book on 'witchcraft' is mostly just a lot of Wicca-wannabe mumbojumbo...and that makes me mad -__-
There is so much more out there... Not to say that I think Wicca is bad, or something, it's just not my cup of tea.

o.O  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 7:55 pm
Seth_God
*snippers*

This is a good place to start...

Definitly not for kiddies..  

VisasMarr

Henry Dorsett Case

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 7:56 pm
Seth_God
Henry Dorsett Case
Seth_God

probably not, got anything (links etc) that I might steal from you? (I'm to lazy to search for myself >_< *surfs anyway*
Another one, Courtesy of Janet Farrar.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:15 pm
GreenDaysSlave
i would like your help, i wanna get into Wicca. I would like you to teach me! will ya?!?!?!?!

No, thank you. I am not qualified to teach Wicca. It is also my belief that nobody can teach Wicca over the Internet. Good luck and be careful.  

Doctrix

Blessed Friend

Lord Sutekh

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:20 pm
Nice, that Is most definantly not for Kids. (the first one)

The second one was interesting *had to click lots of links* but still Very nice. ty, these make more sense than the ones i've read. I'll print out a few copies and hand them out to fluffs.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:26 pm
Seth_God

The second one was interesting *had to click lots of links* but still Very nice. ty, these make more sense than the ones i've read. I'll print out a few copies and hand them out to fluffs.
That's strange - the link I posted should have taken you to the Table of Contents for that BoS, where you should have only had to click the "First Degree Initiation" link...  

Henry Dorsett Case

Lord Sutekh

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:36 pm
Henry Dorsett Case
Seth_God

That's strange - the link I posted should have taken you to the Table of Contents for that BoS, where you should have only had to click the "First Degree Initiation" link...

didn't see it *notices it* ooo  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:56 pm
GreenDaysSlave
TeaDidikai
~still wants to know why you want to be the Priestess of a Fertility Cult~
cause i have an aunt who died who was into Wicca.. but she died
"Into Wicca"?

Was she a Priestess in the Wiccan Fertility Cult? Or was she an Eclectic Pagan?

Fiddler>> I'll grant that this is very abrupt phrasing. But it is a rehab guild after all.  

TeaDidikai

Ezinu

Unbeatable Hoarder

4,850 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Member 100
  • Trader 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:28 pm
Henry Dorsett Case
VisasMarr
TeaDidikai

It baffles me.

ohhh i love that ritual! its just to interesting! Im not wiccan myself though it was the first religion i ran acrost other then christianity so i was instantly interested.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff