Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply Gaian British Guild
Pet rocks Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Have you ever owned / cosidered owning a pet rock?
Yes. I have one here... come pet rock, COME TO ME!! Haha!
30%
 30%  [ 6 ]
No. As they are inanimate and not resistant to erosion.
15%
 15%  [ 3 ]
Perhaps if the pet rock comes fully functional...
20%
 20%  [ 4 ]
I really have doubts as to sanity of this guild. I really, REALLY do.
35%
 35%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 20

Foetus In Fetu
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 10:31 am
Nebelstern
Foetus In Fetu
I've seen pet rocks in shop windows with googly eyes and stuck on hair.

Yes, but are they REAL pet rocks? Huh? You know, the ones with the box and the guide that look suspiciously manufactured...
I suppose they count. The whole notion of pet rocks is ultimately pointless though.

It's a rock which is a pet. Therefore it is a pet rock.

I might go and pick a pet rock out of the ground, give it a good scrubbing and make it a bed of cotton wool and such.  
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 10:36 am
Foetus In Fetu
Nebelstern
Foetus In Fetu

Yes, but are they REAL pet rocks? Huh? You know, the ones with the box and the guide that look suspiciously manufactured...
I suppose they count. The whole notion of pet rocks is ultimately pointless though.

It's a rock which is a pet. Therefore it is a pet rock.

I might go and pick a pet rock out of the ground, give it a good scrubbing and make it a bed of cotton wool and such.

You could make an entire scale model of New York for it to roam around on occasion. Then a tiny microwave for it to make ready-meals in. Then perhaps a cow. No reason.  

Nebelstern
Crew

Broken Keys

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 12:03 pm
If you are laughing at people who have or have had pet rocks,I shall dump you in Room 101! I used to have a pet rock but then it died, then I got a spotted pet rock and painted it green with blue eyes so that it looked like a frog or fish. I still have it somewhere in one of my comode!  
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 12:10 pm
Destiny Dee
If you are laughing at people who have or have had pet rocks,I shall dump you in Room 101! I used to have a pet rock but then it died, then I got a spotted pet rock and painted it green with blue eyes so that it looked like a frog or fish. I still have it somewhere in one of my comode!

This thread merely suggests that pet rocks are a viable alternative to real animals and prevent the animal creulty that so frequently surfaces in modern society.
And yes, we piss-take those who own pet rocks. You were asking for it. You really, really were. You have a PET ROCK. Think about it!!  

Nebelstern
Crew

Ph_ish

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 12:53 pm
Nebelstern
Foetus In Fetu

Of course they're not -real- pet rocks. Giving it human like features defeats the point, does it not?
Shhh! Don't say they're pointless! You'll hurt iggy the igneous's siliceous feelings!  
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 12:56 pm
Ph_ish
Nebelstern
Foetus In Fetu

Of course they're not -real- pet rocks. Giving it human like features defeats the point, does it not?
Shhh! Don't say they're pointless! You'll hurt iggy the igneous's feelings!

Not unless they are trying to produce Easter Island minatures. That COULD be a lucrative business...
And I suppose there is a 'Sedric' the 'sed'imentary and a 'Greta' the 'meta'-morphic as well?  

Nebelstern
Crew

Ph_ish

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 1:06 pm
Nebelstern
Ph_ish
Nebelstern
Foetus In Fetu

Not unless they are trying to produce Easter Island minatures. That COULD be a lucrative business...
And I suppose there is a 'Sedric' the 'sed'imentary and a 'Greta' the 'meta'-morphic as well?

It could...
Don't be silly. Cedric is spelt with a C, and it's Neville the Metamorphic. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 1:09 pm
Ph_ish
Nebelstern
Ph_ish
Nebelstern
Foetus In Fetu

It could...
Don't be silly. Cedric is spelt with a C, and it's Neville the Metamorphic. 3nodding

I doubt that the demand for such is overly high...Really? I thought that Cedric could be spelt with either. You know, one of those colloquially warped spellings.  

Nebelstern
Crew

Ph_ish

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 1:16 pm
Nebelstern
Ph_ish
Nebelstern
Ph_ish
Nebelstern
Foetus In Fetu

It could...

I doubt that the demand for such is overly high...Really? I thought that Cedric could be spelt with either. You know, one of those colloquially warped spellings.

You'd be suprised what gullible american tourists are willing to pay for.
Please note the use of the word 'siliceous' in my post. It took me quite some time to look it up to get the spelling right, so you missed it in your quote, seeing as I added it in in an edit... hoorah for Terry Pratchett and his vocabluary increasing novels...  
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 1:23 pm
Ph_ish
Nebelstern
Ph_ish
Nebelstern
Ph_ish
Nebelstern
Foetus In Fetu

It could...

You'd be suprised what gullible american tourists are willing to pay for.
Please note the use of the word 'siliceous' in my post. It took me quite some time to look it up to get the spelling right, so you missed it in your quote, seeing as I added it in in an edit... hoorah for Terry Pratchett and his vocabluary increasing novels...

Yes. I saw a programme where this Amerian woman decided to collect thousands of Princess Diana dolls. I think that gullible only scratches the surface with Americans. Especially American tourists. Or Japanese tourists. Because THEY can't understand anything AS WELL as being gullible. *looks up* It isn't in the dictionary... pfft. Not that it really matters anymore. Well done for being all wordy though.  

Nebelstern
Crew

Foetus In Fetu
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 1:32 pm
I call Fossil the fossil.  
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 4:05 pm
I used to have a pet rock. I lost it. ;_;  

A Lost Iguana

Aged Pants

9,100 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Foetus In Fetu
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 4:27 pm
A Lost Iguana
I used to have a pet rock. I lost it. ;_;

You should have had it microchipped.  
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 12:55 am
Destiny Dee
I used to have a pet rock but then it died

eek eek eek

but.....HOW?

xd  

illyrianth
Vice Captain

Nebelstern
Crew

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 1:37 am
illyrianth
Destiny Dee
I used to have a pet rock but then it died

eek eek eek

but.....HOW?

xd

I imagine a large gravel-machine was involved.  
Gaian British Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff