Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
Before it became popular... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

A yaoi fan for how long?
  5 + years
  4 years
  3 years
  2 years
  1 year
  under a year
  can't really remember...
View Results

Garnet233

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:04 am
Hrm...How long eh?

Well... I caught a first glimpse of Yaoi at thirteen I believe... I was browsing for fan art and stumbled across a suggestive fan art of Squall and Seifer from FF8... After drooling for some moments I said to myself "What is this?" That's when a name popped up like gold letters "Yaoi"

So... asking around, yaoi was boy x boy lovings and HUSHED.... So.. I didn't look at it again until I was sixteen when I said "Hey..what's this?" Saw the steamy yaoiness again and said to myself "This is great." haha.

So.. Now at eighteen I can say I like yaoi and not worry about being mobbed for it.

So, five years? on and off.. I kept it to myself because back then it was something you just didn't admit to liking.. Even if you are a girl and have a straight orientation ;_;..

It seems like there are WAY more fans of yaoi now then there was back then... As well as more pictures, videos, and animes. ^^.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 7:55 am
RionaDaidouji
Yeah, now that you meantion it, you don't see the terms lemon/lime to describe smutty fics anymore... Or at least, not as often.

I remember how me and my friends used to joke about how we should make a drink called Lemon Yaoi. XD
Really? In the fandoms I hang in, those terms are still used a great deal.
I love jokes like that. People would sometimes overhear me saying things like 'tasty yaoi', and would ask what it was... so I would say "Yaoi is a type of japanese citrus fruit." xd  

ShadowedMoonlight

Ruthless Sweetheart

The Saddened Watchman

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:40 am
*just counted* What the...? I've been into this yaoi for five years now!? How did that happen? *blinks* I still see the terms lemon used everywhere. They use lime and all those other terms too on occasion.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:49 am
heart blaugh i hav always liked it but it was a couple a years ago i found out i liked it this much sweatdrop  

N I N J A _C H E E S E

[.oishii`.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:19 am
I've liked it for about 5 years which is when I first started watching anime. Whenever I said something about the guy and guy pairing peope would give me funny looks and I think "okay, i guess that's something to keep to myself". I didn't know it was called yaoi until like 2 years ago though.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:28 pm
-Dancing Deathscythes-
So how many of you were fans before yaoi became more and more popular? Basically that's being a fan for about 4 or more years (I just took a random guess at the year number!)

Seriously, I remember a time when yaoi was still hush hush. If you were a fan, you wouldn't even mention it in fear of getting mobbed by het fans (now some of it's vice versa! muahaha) There was a time when yaoi fandom was few and it took a long time to find some decent yaoi fanworks online.

So if you were a fan from a looong time ago, let's reminisce the old days before Gravitation! (To be honest, I became a fan when the Graviatation manga was coming out in the states. So if I sounded like an old, experienced yaoi fan, I'm really not *that* old and experienced... Sure, I liked it before it became *really really* popular, but it's not like I liked it in 1995. I just wanted to see some of the comments this post will receive!)

Seriously, yaoi is getting really popular! Our community is growing 3nodding

Edit: If you want, I guess you could also talk about the old guild. Where we had that beautiful page which supplied so many doujinshis crying

I've been a yaoi/shounen ai fan for about as long as you then. I remember buying Gravitation when it first came out and trying to find it before then.  

AtlantisChildren

Invisible Fairy

Lainy122

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:36 pm
Heh, yeah, I've been a yaoi fan for about the same length of time that I've been a slasher - the two pretty much go hand in hand. That was way back in wow, 2000, halfway through high school. Phew! I had a slasher friend, but she didn't like anime at all - I was all alone in the yaoi department!

I still don't have very many RL friends that are into yaoi (although a growing number of them like anime! Yay!), but luckily, I still have a large fanbase on the internet that I can turn to! I love you guys! XD  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 3:42 pm
I don't really remember when I first got into yaoi.... O.o I do remember it was because of the Harry Potter series (rabid Remus/Sirius fan, I am. xD). So at least a couple of years or so. I remember when my friends found out, they were like, 'Ew, that's so icky!' and now I believe the majority of them share my somewhat unhealthy obsession. xd  

Demessie

Syntria
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:27 am
I've been a fan since I was 12, and I'm 21 now. :3  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:41 pm
I was a fan long before Gravitaiton--Way back when Gundam Wing and Weiss Kreuz slash was popular. xd Back when people actually knew what Ai no Kusabi and Bronze/Zetsuai was.

Damn... sweatdrop I feel old.  

Seijaku_Ishida

8,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Brandisher 100

tenshi_darien

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 3:31 pm
surprised
I got into it when I was
really young
about 6th grade
but mostly into fluff
now in
10th grade
xD I love yaoi
and fluff
so I think it is like
3-4 years

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 4:02 pm
Man oh man.

I probably got into boyXboy back when I was...jeez, 13 or 14. I discovered yaoi in the year or so afterwards... I've been a fan for about 10 years! Daaaang.

And I totally understand, Seijaku, about fans these days not knowing what Ai no Kusabi or Zetsuai is...oh, do you remember Song of the Wind and Trees? Man, yaoi used to be so much DARKER...now its all fluffy.

Which isn't really a bad thing. 4laugh  

Kaiven

8,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

marrrow

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:07 pm
I wasn't even aware that it existed until I got my FanFiction.Net account back in... '04, was it? sweatdrop And I didn't even start liking it until... What was it? April or May of this year?  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:13 pm
well, i've been really into for about 2 years but before that, i read some fics and stuff once in awhile soooo i guess it would have to be around 3-4 years?  

sunANBU

kyomuffins

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:17 pm
I've been a fan since 7th grade.

When I was 10.

I'm now in 11th grade.

And I'm 15.

xD

The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff