Reply Official NANA Guild
OLIVIA Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

nanafan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 6:11 pm
www.yesasia.com. that's where i got mine. i got my wish/starless night single today it came with a sweet cellphone charm..it was a guitar pick.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:26 am
So glad she's on itunes :] heart
-is too poor to buy imports-

Anti-Ling

floRENzaa

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:06 am
So what's your guy's favorite song that she did for Nana?

A Little Pain, Wish, or Starless Night?

I'm forever in love with A Little Pain but Wish is getting really close...such a beautiful song!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:25 am
Mine's "Recorded Butterfly" from the Trapnest concert in the anime. It hasn't been released as a single or on any OLIVIA album yet, but I'm waiting...

Oh wait, maybe "Recored Butterfly" is second on my list of favs. I really love "A Little Pain" too. Apparently it sounds like a Kelly Clarkson song tho?  

Asano Rain

nakidasu

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:27 am
i love OLIVIA's music but i don't think she looks like Reira. i think Yuna looks more like Reira b/c OLIVIA just looks SOOOOOOO white! whee (i know they're both half-japanese, but OLIVIA looks less Japanese) xp  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:47 am
Well, Ito Yuna's half Korean and half Japanese, which is why Olivia looks more white. xD

But I really love Olivia as Reira. It's true that Reira's not supposed to look distinctly white (is she even supposed to be mixed or was her mum just from America?), but her voice and style just fits Reira better, IMO. I never really thought of Yuna as being "Reira," even in the movie. She just doesn't feel like a Reira to me.  

Asano Rain

floRENzaa

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:25 pm
I have to agree.. I watched the Truth PV of Yuna, and it's hard to see Reira in her...but yeah, OLIVIA is half white and it's understandable that...she...looks...white? I mean, seeing her face to face in PMX, she definately looks white with distinct features of Japanese.

But it would be hard to make her Reira. Her Japanese is kind of broken, but her style of music does fit Reira more than Yuna's. Yuna Ito's songs are wayy too JPop for Trapnest. I think they should've tried to make Truth and Endless Story rock-ish, than ballads... That's why OLIVIA's songs, in my opinion, are more Reira related.

Both are gorgeous and I love their songs! But as far as Reira goes, it's pretty hard to choose.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:13 pm
Haha I don't think Olivia would make a good acting!Reira either, as her Japanese skills are sort of blah, even after years of living in Japan. And Yuna's got one of the most distinct accents I've heard evar. xD

But when I saw the PV for "A Little Pain," I did think of Reira. A much better Reira than Anna did Nana. >__>  

Asano Rain

itachishand386

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 2:37 pm
nakidasu89
i love OLIVIA's music but i don't think she looks like Reira. i think Yuna looks more like Reira b/c OLIVIA just looks SOOOOOOO white! whee (i know they're both half-japanese, but OLIVIA looks less Japanese) xp

Reira's character is SUPPOSED to be 1/2 white.

confused
Yuna Itou dosen't look like she has an ounce of Caucasian blood in her.

Oliva> Itou Yuna
at least in the visuals department.
i like her singing style better for Reira too.

Asano Rain
Well, Ito Yuna's half Korean and half Japanese, which is why Olivia looks more white. xD

But I really love Olivia as Reira. It's true that Reira's not supposed to look distinctly white (is she even supposed to be mixed or was her mum just from America?), but her voice and style just fits Reira better, IMO. I never really thought of Yuna as being "Reira," even in the movie. She just doesn't feel like a Reira to me.

Reira's character is indeed, 1/2 Japanese.
When Japanese refer to someone as being 'half' they're usually referring to them as being half foreign. Unless specified, it's default for being half white. usually.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 2:43 pm
Chowder88
When Japanese refer to someone as being 'half' they're usually referring to them as being half foreign. Unless specified, it's default for being half white. usually.

That's what I was thinking, but then someone said her mum was just from New York but was actually Japanese... the hell was up with that. xD Or maybe they were talking about Shin? But Shin was <<born in Sweden, right?>> I haven't been following the manga chapters as cracktastically as I used to so I'm no longer 100% sure about the goings-on. sweatdrop  

Asano Rain

itachishand386

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 2:47 pm
Asano Rain
Chowder88

That's what I was thinking, but then someone said her mum was just from New York but was actually Japanese... the hell was up with that. xD Or maybe they were talking about Shin? But Shin was <<born in Sweden, right?>> I haven't been following the manga chapters as cracktastically as I used to so I'm no longer 100% sure about the goings-on. sweatdrop

I have up to the most recent tankoubon , volume 16...
From what i can see Shin is likely the product of his mother and a foreigner's affair. His Dad and brother are estranged from him for that reason...not to mention with his mom's suicide shortly after his birth... It's inferable.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 2:52 pm
Chowder88
From what i can see Shin is likely the product of his mother and a foreigner's affair. His Dad and brother are estranged from him for that reason...not to mention with his mom's suicide shortly after his birth... It's inferable.

Volume 16 was such a b***h for me to find. Damn Kinokuniya being out of it the first time I went. stressed

Reira tells Ren that she wants to visit <<Sweden because it's the place Shin was born. I do feel a bit bad for her--looks like she ended up falling for him quite hard at the end of their little tryst.>>

Oh, I saw some pictures of Olivia at PMX(?) I think it was and... she looked quite different than she does in her PVs. It's to be expected but I still thought it was a little bit jarring. Coulda been a bad angle?  

Asano Rain

itachishand386

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 2:58 pm
Asano Rain
Chowder88

Volume 16 was such a b***h for me to find. Damn Kinokuniya being out of it the first time I went. stressed

Reira tells Ren that she wants to visit <<Sweden because it's the place Shin was born. I do feel a bit bad for her--looks like she ended up falling for him quite hard at the end of their little tryst.>>

Oh, I saw some pictures of Olivia at PMX(?) I think it was and... she looked quite different than she does in her PVs. It's to be expected but I still thought it was a little bit jarring. Coulda been a bad angle?

ah still have to see that pic... oh so Shin's from Sweden!? was that in book 16?( don't recall...should re-read it anyway lol) I was also surprised with Olivia's Japanese..considering how long she's been an entertainer/in the industry I'm surprised... My mom is also Okinawan (where Olivia's is from,) and my dad was ALSO stationed in Okinawa when he was in the Navy, ( i grew up a military brat until more recently) My mother taught me japanese and i was enrolled in an Japanese elementary school for a couple of years when we lived in Yokosuka , Japan... considering how long she's spent there i'm surprised. I'm sure she's lived in Japan longer than i have, at least her total years.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 3:05 pm
TheTinker
I just found out about Olivia two days ago and in truth I found out shes my moms second cousin. I love the one song I have heard of hers A little Pain. I'm working on getting her grandmother (my moms aunt) to help us get into contact with her and that would be even better since she is coming to america. I was wondering however if anyone knows where I can buy her CDs that the site is in english.

really!? holy s**t. O_o;;
is your mom on her Japanese side, or American side?  

itachishand386

Asano Rain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 3:06 pm
Wait, Switzerland, not Sweden. God, I always get those 2 mixed up. xD

I haven't had a chance to read the raw scans for chapter 64, only going by a summary by someone who translated into English the latest chapter which was translated into Chinese from Japanese... *whew* Ren and Reira <<have begun to spend a lot of intimate time together. Not necessarily romantic but it's still sort of unsettling, especially considering Nana's mental state over having everything taken away from her by Trapnest.>>

But if Hachi's monologues are of any indication, there is still hope for them yet.

P.S. Ahhh, Okinawa. One of the places I want to visit when I get a chance to go to Japan... one of these days. confused  
Official NANA Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff