Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply Gaian British Guild
Thoughts about Jeebus. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

illyrianth
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 1:01 am
teh plum
Erix Griffon
That said, I am an atheist myself, and I can't help but think it's an amazing coincidence that after he rose from the grave, he only appeared to his disciples, and one of his closest followers. If that were to happen in modern days, no-one would believe that for a second.

Actually, he was seen by around 500 people, just not all eye-witness accounts are includded in the Bible. x3

Thanks for that - I was about to mention it and am rather glad someone else got in there first...heheh  
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 1:49 am
I think I made my views on religion perfectly clear before... rolleyes
In case you missed it though...
KILL THE PRIESTS, BURN THEM, PURGE THE PLAGUE OF RELIGION!!

Nebelstern
Crew

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 4:01 am
Jesus was perfectly ok with sunlight and holywater though.

Also, vampires don't exist.

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 7:31 am
teh plum
Actually, he was seen by around 500 people, just not all eye-witness accounts are includded in the Bible. x3

Didn't know that, but it doesn't persuade me any more. Why weren't the accounts included in the bible? Given that they happened 2000 years ago, and weren't recorded, how do you know that?  

Days of Empire

Mega Genius

7,750 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 7:34 am
Erix Griffon
teh plum

Didn't know that, but it doesn't persuade me any more. Why weren't the accounts included in the bible? Given that they happened 2000 years ago, and weren't recorded, how do you know that?

I suspect, because so few people could actually write. That's why the writers of the gospels spoke to people who saw it and took difference sources and distilled them into accounts of that happened. The gospel of Mark being the most accurate, allegedly.  
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 7:35 am
Invictus_88

Actually, they do, since the vampire bat was named roughly the same time as the creature was. Also, the idea of the vampire, comes from Vlad the impaler, a ruthless king of Romania. He threw prisoners into pits of spikes, and drank their blood, believing it would give him their strenght  

and_solo_said

Days of Empire

Mega Genius

7,750 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 7:36 am
I can't help feeling a huge detail like that would have been recorded in the Bible itself. That's pretty important, after all.

But the question still stands, if literacy was so low, and it wasn't mentioned in the bible, how do you know it happened?

That question isn't a challenge to your statement, I'm generally curious. Where did you find that out from?  
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 10:26 am
and_solo_said
Invictus_88

Actually, they do, since the vampire bat was named roughly the same time as the creature was. Also, the idea of the vampire, comes from Vlad the impaler, a ruthless king of Romania. He threw prisoners into pits of spikes, and drank their blood, believing it would give him their strenght

Actually, that's Dracula.

Most cultures have their own variation of vampire legends, some of them dating back to over 4000 years ago.  

Zoutout

Foetus In Fetu
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 10:36 am
and_solo_said

That wasn't what he meant. He was talking about the idea of vampires as portrayed by myth in the same sense that if I said "Dragons do not exist," I would not be talking about the Komodo dragon.  
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 10:45 am
Please, Foetus In Fetu, please don't mention the existance of dragons. We already had one falling out in the GLEA about it all.  

Nebelstern
Crew

A Lost Iguana

Aged Pants

9,100 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 11:11 am
Invictus_88

Can you prove that? ******** dragons, I'm still looking for my pink unicorn (I've given up on finding an invisible pink one)

Ho hum. This is a silly topic, but I do like how myths develop, it can be fascinating.  
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 11:33 am
A Lost Iguana
Invictus_88

Can you prove that? ******** dragons, I'm still looking for my pink unicorn (I've given up on finding an invisible pink one)

Ho hum. This is a silly topic, but I do like how myths develop, it can be fascinating.

Dont give up on the invisible pink unicorns. I saw and invisible purple unicorn yesterday so dont give up on the pink ones. xd

Have to say I believe in Christianity more than vampires (at least of myth) Anyway I celebrate christmas.

Who can prove anything exists. Computers may just be a dream. How do you know for sure that you have hands and arent just imagining them Life may just be a cruel trick someones playing on you.
Disclaimer Im not saying any of these are true. Just making a point and making you think.  

Shadow of an Illusion
Crew

Foetus In Fetu
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 12:12 pm
Nebelstern
Please, Foetus In Fetu, please don't mention the existance of dragons. We already had one falling out in the GLEA about it all.

In what sense?

Usually fallings out over whether or not vampires, dragons, magic, etc. exist hinge on people's subjective definitions for those words. English is inferior as a means of communicating ideas.

A Lost Iguana

White horse + pink dye + horn + superglue = ?

I'm still wondering whether something can be both invisible and pink at the same time.

ice_illusion
Who can prove anything exists. Computers may just be a dream. How do you know for sure that you have hands and arent just imagining them Life may just be a cruel trick someones playing on you.

Yay, solipsism.  
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 12:14 pm
It wasn't pretty - put it that way... sweatdrop  

Nebelstern
Crew

Foetus In Fetu
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 12:31 pm
Nebelstern
It wasn't pretty - put it that way... sweatdrop

Fair enough neutral .  
Gaian British Guild