Down to Three Fishes....T_T Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Magic Pimpbus

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 1:32 pm
PetsMart does water checks.

Those pictures of the dead fishie made me go gonk ! Poor fish...

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 7:27 pm
Yeah, that's true! surprised PetSmart do water checks. I had forgotten about that.

Hopefully there's one nearby!

Chemicat

Majah
Captain

Blessed Seeker

5,450 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 7:41 pm
Chemical and Nakono: Petsmart? You guys might be forgetting something...I don't live in the US. I live in South East Asia. sweatdrop

Kansai: Good point with the unchlorinated ice. I think it is still cholorinated...oh wait! my grandma boils water before making it ice. Is this same with having distilled water ice?

*sigh*

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 5:33 am
Majah... Its a longshot... But I've been thinking... May the tank, by some odd occurance, have gotten a parasite? Not like Ich or anything.. But like worms or a small Lampray, though it's the other that eats the fish from the inside out I'm thinking of..
That's all I can suggest.... Getting them out of the tank is a good idea, but, if it's a parasite, it'll still be with the fish most likely.  

Jonathan_McCim
Crew

The Magic Pimpbus

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 3:20 pm
Majah
Chemical and Nakono: Petsmart? You guys might be forgetting something...I don't live in the US. I live in South East Asia. sweatdrop

Kansai: Good point with the unchlorinated ice. I think it is still cholorinated...oh wait! my grandma boils water before making it ice. Is this same with having distilled water ice?

*sigh*

Well that screws my idea! xd !!

Where exactly in Asia? I'm curious.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 8:05 pm
Jonathan: I took in account the parasite thing. That's why I placed some salt. I won't be home for almost 4 days (starting today)...I'll be able to get the medicine when I get back. Pray that may remaining fishes will still be alive.

nakono: I'm from the Philippines wink

(note: no fish died today)

Majah
Captain

Blessed Seeker

5,450 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Jonathan_McCim
Crew

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 6:14 am
The red gill thing set me off, cause I remebered there was a cousin to the Lampray that implants itself in the gills. But that's my two cents... If it isn't, it isn't.  
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 2:53 am
No fish died for three days....thank goodness...  

Majah
Captain

Blessed Seeker

5,450 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Kansai_Gal

Aged Browser

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 8:29 pm
I think that boiling will get rid of most of the chlorine, but I don't know if it does anything to chloramine, or if you even have chloramine added. confused  
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 9:01 pm
I am officially depressed.

I am down to three fishes... 1 koi, 1 clown loach and 1 pleco.

(My grandma was trying to convince me go back in taking care of birds...I used to train parakeets...have I told you guys about that?)

Majah
Captain

Blessed Seeker

5,450 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

SquishyAngeh
Crew

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 9:08 pm
hmm...I cant even imagine what would be going wrong, maybe you need to put them all in a new smaller tank, then fully 100 l;ean out your tank and steralize it, then put them back in..I heard that would work from someone sweatdrop but thats just my 2 cents  
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 1:28 pm
No! Not parakeets! They're evil little buggers. gonk  

Kansai_Gal

Aged Browser

Majah
Captain

Blessed Seeker

5,450 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 10:03 pm
angel: yes, I would do that...but wouldn't I have to recycle the newly 100% cleaned tank? meaning I have to put my remaining fishes in a very small tank (my only remaining tank) for two weeks...I don't think they would survive the small tank... crying But I would do a 100%...if they all die in this tank...then maybe go to a fresh start.

Kansai: But but..I love parekeets... crying I love all sorts of animals (except snakes...coz I can't cuddle them) ...too bad I am only allowed to keep either birds or fishes.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 10:02 am
All cleaning/sterilizing would do would restart your tank to day one. So long as there's not a massive amount of fish (true) you probably won't have to worry about an amonia problem or anything.

... What's wrong with hamsters? crying  

Kansai_Gal

Aged Browser

Narren7

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 10:24 am
hmm sounds and look like a internal parasite to me.
That or maybe the heat caused some kind of harmful bacterica boom.
When was the last time you changed out your filter cartrige?

I'm sorry you lost so many fish hun. sad
Least they did'nt die in a stupid way.
My barracuda killed itself on a feeder fish a day or so ago xp
Of all the stupid ways for it to die that had to be the most ignorant way.. stare  
----::::The FISH Tank::::----

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff