poly
  monogomous
View Results

ketchakik

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:57 pm
Dead Ed
Monogamy = devotion.

So, I like it better.

i really don't see how devotion to one is any diffrent than devotion to several.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:19 pm
ketchakik
Dead Ed
Monogamy = devotion.

So, I like it better.

i really don't see how devotion to one is any diffrent than devotion to several.

Devotion to several can easily lead to jealousy and insecurity among your multiple partners.  

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

VampyreofGraves

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:35 pm
im by all the way, and love a poly life style, but then again tis me  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:47 pm
Some people are built for one or the other.  

Divinity Rage

Cockroach Waltz

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:16 pm
I definitely think that polygamy is natural for humans and has been arguably been around for as long or longer then monogamy but that doesn't mean that its for everyone.

The way I see it is that with the amount of divorces that occur now, people have enough trouble keeping a relationship with just two people in check. A lot of people (myself included) aren't suited to those kind of relationships because of jealous, insecurity, lack of maturity etc. and those issues only increase with the number of people in a relationship.

If people can pull it off, kudos to them but we as humans are by nature jealous so it makes it very hard to succeed in a relationship like that.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:43 pm
I honestly believe in monogamy and I will have it no other way. I never hook up because I find it cheapening. I never cheat,though, I condone it in others. It's either a commited relationship or nothing.  

MediaclCunt

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:12 am
Hmmmm, thinking about it, Polygamy might be a good idea, not even from the 'different women every night' thing, but so long as any new lovers brought into the relationship are approved and everyone has a clean bill of sexual health, where is the issue so long as everyone consents?  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:04 am
I wouldn't mind having an open relationship, but an actual polyamorous one would just be too much for me. I would get jealous and such.

At the same time, I have nothing against other people who feel that they can have a successful polyamorous relationship.  

Eyelash Curlers and Stars

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:49 pm
Historically I think, most of the world used to see marriges as less about love and more about economic and social alliances...*bang*...polygamy.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:33 pm
I like the idea of both. I think I could handle both. I like the idea of being the only one but I also like the idea of being two people's only one. So I could do either.
The monogamous relationship would only work if we were all in love with each other though. Only one love. Not seven to one love. (No offense to Hugh Hefner of course. sweatdrop )

AdrianaKitten

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:51 pm
I think different people would have different prefrences. One person might be able to bond to three people in that way and another person might only be able to do the same with one person.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:47 pm
i've known polyamorus people and it litterally made me HATE them honestly
its all lets ******** everyone we basically see i cant find happiness with one person so i need three! if im not ******** someone then im just going to crazy and blow up on everyone....then again it could be becuase this person was a guy on estrogen and thus guys should not take estrogen AUGH! anyways
now i am bi and i personally beleive dealing withone person is definatly enough and or probably better for you too seeing as not only do you have to deal with your own problems you now got someone ele's on your plate you need to help them with as well, but to have like 2 or more add up you'd go crazy eventually. and in the end when you're older you definatly don't want this problem. not that i see relationships as problems im just saying no ones really focused on it and onlyon the jealousy and stuff not really the darker side of it. and truuust me you dont want about 4 peoples crap piling ontop of your own! X__X;  

xX x0mbie Xx

NewAgeAntique

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:57 pm
I would be far to sad about it to be polyamorous. I'd still like to believe that romance and love actually exist. I think people should value eachother enough to learn how to live with the person you've chosen. There are pleanty of couples who've been together for +50 years and still love eachother. Sometimes I think people get to jaded to soon.
I don't want to settle down just yet and I hope to love more than one person in my life, but not at the same time. I want to be like the old couple who still smile at eachother and tend the garden and tell stories. I think if you've lived a full life and know how to be content and happy with yourself, it's possible to be content and happy with another person.
Honestly, just think about how complicated polyamory could be... sad  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:15 am
I just re-read this thread. I'm in a monogamous relationship right now and this is the most jealous I've ever been in my entire life. Although I've never loved anyone as much as I love my current boyfriend (despite all our troubles... sad ) When I was with my poly ex, I was jealous, but you know... not so much that it tortured me day in and day out. I think it depends on the specific people. It works for some and for others it doesn't. I'm not sure I could go back to being poly, because I've discovered I want a more traditional life than I originally thought. I think it can work though given the right circumstances.

Right now monogamy is what feels right to me. Something tells me that's how it's going to stay.  

trampyre

Extended Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces