Final Fantasy movie anyone? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

some guild thing

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 10:19 pm
MortSanglant
First I'll point out that this thread should most likely be in the the multimedia subforum.

And with that I'll state that I've found that most people who dislike the movie haven't even played the game.

In which case I have to say that anyonewho's seen the movie without playing and beating the game has no valid opinion, positive or negative, for the movie.

I refuse to acknowledge such an opinion.

And with that being said, I loved the movie.

Graphics: Impeccable.

Score: Completely astounding. I would have expected nothing less from Nobuo.

Storyline: Not 100% amazing, but I do believe that there are factors that play into this. First, I believe that the writers did a great job of continuing the character bases for each character from the game. Their attitudes; how they held up from the last time we - as players/viewers - saw them. It all carried over. How Cloud was still haunted about what happened with Aerith, etc... Again the level of the storyline comes with whether or not you've played the game. If you haven't played the game, of course it'll seem lousy to you. And for that, you suck at life. And if you have and still think it sucks, then maybe you just aren't good at picking up on things. There are a lot of things unsaid in the movie that you just need to pick up on. And things that you need to put together as pieces. It's not a movie that you can just sit and watch and expect everything information-wise to be spoonfed to you.
Also, it must be taken into account that the graphics in this movie were top of the line. To make a movie with a very intricate storyline and such graphics would very difficult. I'm not doubting that SquareEnix could do it, but it's that this is their first time attmepting this. Give them some slack.

My final verdict:

Amazing movie.

Those of you who haven't played the game are people with invalid opinions.

whee

----Serrin your opinion has been approved----

My opinion seems to be valid

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 8:58 am
I simply loved the movie, despite what others have to say about it. I do believe that the story line wasn't that bad, though it could use a little tweaking.

For those who say that it made no sense whatsoever, or was a boring movie, I have to pose a single question, as Morty did. Did you ever play the game?

With that being said, I do think that it was an amazing effort to attempt to put all of the hours of gameplay into a single film. The graphics were simply breathtaking, and for the most part, the characters acted like themselves. Though I would like to mention that I thought Reno was a tad bit more clumsy here.

I would have liked some of the characters to be in the movie a little more, but it was good nonetheless. As they say, "it is easier to criticize than create."

So overall rating: Awesome

Acerbus nox noctis

MortSanglant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:16 am
Yep, former-Lita, that's pretty much what I said.

whee

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:21 am
MortSanglant

whee
Yeah, I slowly realized that after posting my opinion. I normally read the first post of a thread and then post my intake on such an open discussion such as this as to not be influenced by others...or simply I was too lazy to quote you xd .

Anyway, you were the first one to notice my little name change. That's a record.

Acerbus nox noctis

MortSanglant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:14 am
Acerbus nox noctis
MortSanglant

whee
Yeah, I slowly realized that after posting my opinion. I normally read the first post of a thread and then post my intake on such an open discussion such as this as to not be influenced by others...or simply I was too lazy to quote you xd .

Anyway, you were the first one to notice my little name change. That's a record.

Hehe.

I'm glad we agree on the who "playing the game" deal.

I'm sick of people complaining about not understanding it or thinking the storyline sucked.

HELLO!

It's a freaking sequel!

mad

Yes, I'm quite perceptive. I love my name too much to change it. Though I am tempted at times.

ninja

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:40 pm
Cloud is sexxxy.  

Black Mage Meifa

miname_sohma

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:28 pm
I've seen the Japanese version and the (I must say yucky) English version (What did they do to Yazoo's voice? For one) . I saw the Japanese version before the English version came out though of course, just because I couldn't stand it anymore.

Yazoo rox. The end.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:53 pm
it was awsome but waaaaay to ******** short the story line could have been much better had they streched the movie length  

Drifter_Xwolf

MortSanglant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:09 am
Again I emphasize the quality of the graphics and this being the first time for Square to attempt this attributing for the lack of length.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:02 am
Yep, I have it. biggrin  

ringwraith10

Whisperer~Nightshade

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:51 am
music and the graphics were awesome, as well as the fighting sequences.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:14 am
yes. i own it and love it.
User Image  

Bilbofagginss

Captain Divorcee

14,950 Points
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • Divorced 100
  • Timely Contributor 100

LillieRose

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:48 am
Nyed
I saw it about a year ago, freshly bootlegged from the streets of japan..
sucked, and then a week ago i saw it in english and it still sucked
Yes the graphics were awsome, Yes the music and the fighting were brillent.
the story was 100% crap

I agree with you.Completely.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:11 am
MortSanglant
First I'll point out that this thread should most likely be in the the multimedia subforum.

And with that I'll state that I've found that most people who dislike the movie haven't even played the game.

In which case I have to say that anyonewho's seen the movie without playing and beating the game has no valid opinion, positive or negative, for the movie.

I refuse to acknowledge such an opinion.

And with that being said, I loved the movie.

Graphics: Impeccable.

Score: Completely astounding. I would have expected nothing less from Nobuo.

Storyline: Not 100% amazing, but I do believe that there are factors that play into this. First, I believe that the writers did a great job of continuing the character bases for each character from the game. Their attitudes; how they held up from the last time we - as players/viewers - saw them. It all carried over. How Cloud was still haunted about what happened with Aerith, etc... Again the level of the storyline comes with whether or not you've played the game. If you haven't played the game, of course it'll seem lousy to you. And for that, you suck at life. And if you have and still think it sucks, then maybe you just aren't good at picking up on things. There are a lot of things unsaid in the movie that you just need to pick up on. And things that you need to put together as pieces. It's not a movie that you can just sit and watch and expect everything information-wise to be spoonfed to you.
Also, it must be taken into account that the graphics in this movie were top of the line. To make a movie with a very intricate storyline and such graphics would very difficult. I'm not doubting that SquareEnix could do it, but it's that this is their first time attmepting this. Give them some slack.

My final verdict:

Amazing movie.

Those of you who haven't played the game are people with invalid opinions.

I played it. WAsnt a large fan of the game myself, oh the angest.
Woe is me, I have 2 very cute babes flirting with me consently through out my adventures.
blech stare
I just did not get the appeal at all

as for the story line, yes it was a sequal. Even for a sequal it lacked what most sequals are suppost to have, a recant of events of the previous story.
They kinda did that in the beginning, but the explenation got me all ******** up and I had to go wikipedia it just to get my facts stright.
There was only one charecter that had any development and it was WOE is ME Cloud with, "gee, i guess i do like stuff...kinda"
Huzzah, epic battle insues, with no real feeling of anger or resentment other then a even more consentrated frown on clouds face.

Not that im trying to convince you that it was a bad movie, these are just my bitchy geeky complaints.  

Choboxer

5,800 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items