Welcome to Gaia! ::

Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People

Back to Guilds

Reply Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People
Why do asian parents have their children take piano?? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you play piano?
  Yes.
  No.
View Results

[Joan De Arc]

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 9:10 am
[.day.dreamer.]
I`m asian, and I`ve started piano since I was six years of age. When I had those recitals, most of the performers were asian. Especially this year, when I my score was distinction, most of them were asians??

I`ve always thought this weird .. what do you thinkk??

Me and my bro did piano before, but we quit. I USED to do violin, my bro is STILL doing it. I quit since I DO NOT LIKE my teacher....
I guess its because the AZN mother's wanna brag about us being *prodigies* or they just wanna brag.
All mothers luv to brag about their children, but the azn mother's have a special term for that
*crazy*
A youtube video shows of a kid getting all A+ at this grades, chemistry, music theaory, until the mom saw a A- on language arts...... He got a biig knockout..... She was just too prideful  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:25 am
EyeofHora
[.day.dreamer.]
I`m asian, and I`ve started piano since I was six years of age. When I had those recitals, most of the performers were asian. Especially this year, when I my score was distinction, most of them were asians??

I`ve always thought this weird .. what do you thinkk??

Me and my bro did piano before, but we quit. I USED to do violin, my bro is STILL doing it. I quit since I DO NOT LIKE my teacher....
I guess its because the AZN mother's wanna brag about us being *prodigies* or they just wanna brag.
All mothers luv to brag about their children, but the azn mother's have a special term for that
*crazy*
A youtube video shows of a kid getting all A+ at this grades, chemistry, music theaory, until the mom saw a A- on language arts...... He got a biig knockout..... She was just too prideful

Oh yea!! I saw that video. It was sooo funny!! rofl And when I showed my parents that they started cracking up! rofl rofl  

Bai_Sango

NittleGrasper`

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:29 am
I took piano lessons at a summer camp in 6th grade... I quit cause I thought the teacher was sort of a *****. D;

I do play a teeny tiny bit of piano... just amature stuff though. My main insturment is violin. cool

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:34 am
Probably becasue the piano is considered an Asian instrument?  

Azn Fcuk

Shari-hotsu

450 Points
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 12:04 pm
humm... That wierd!

My parents dosn't force my brother, sister and I to play. We have a piano, but we don't have to learn so much of it. I prefer Keybords xd My Bro is pritty damn good playing the piano, my sis is ok.
I just do the "Follow the lights" on my key bord. xd mrgreen  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:11 am
I don't think it's just piano, it's actually most instruments! My sister was forced to do piano...she hated it. I took up violin at the age of five though I really suck at it...now I'm up to the stage where I'm going to give it up. My parents don't really push me anymore...they've given up like they did with my sister...yeah...I don't think it's just Asians though, alot of people's parents of other ethnicities, their parents get them to do music, like this native guy in my class, he's so preoccupied in music though he doesn't want to be a musician!  

[.Sei.]

Azirru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 3:12 am
i started playing piano since I was three.

My mom said... Playing piano is the significance that that child belongs to the rich ones.

but we are not that rich...

My teacher said that it enhances child's IQ if you play piano.
-timing
-following signs and symbols
-rythm
-artistic  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:32 am
lol this is a very good question. i think it makes you smarter or something. i've played the piano since i was 10 (yea i started late sweatdrop ) my brothers play the piano to. but recently my youngest brother started the drums and my other brother is trying the guitar.  

MidnightHaven

c i t r o n m i e l

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:26 pm
a lot of my friends take piano too. I think I'm the only one who doesn't take the piano in my group of friends sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:52 pm
I noticed that most of my asian friends do play the piano. When I was little, my mom wanted me to take piano, but I said no; luckily for me, my mom was into the whole"let child make their own decisions" thing, but now, she regret that BIG time, and want to me to start play piano, but I am too old to for starting piano xd  

xForever

Animaznboy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 2:14 pm
AznTrix
because playing an instrument is suppose to make you better at math and other school work, i dont play piano but my dad made me play the violin at 5

3nodding
I play Piano because I chose to. I was playing the Trombone since 4th grade though. Playing piano or any other instrument supposedly makes you smarter. If you think about it, learning an instrument is like learning another language. Learning a language usually diversifies the thinking of a person so that's probably why you see more asian people learning piano xp  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 4:30 pm
Yeah, supposedly, music in general makes you smarter... But do asian parents acutally know that? I thought this was a relatively new concept... were people influenced by it 10 years ago? 20?

You know what? has anyone actually asked a parent why they force their kids (those who actually force their kids) to play piano? ehh... it probably wouldn't make sense to us anyways.

I've never had to take piano lessons ( xd xd xd ) and I think I'm doing just fine. I get... "average" marks in school... rolleyes rolleyes  

Jokull

iMahalKita

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 4:35 pm
I've never taken piano lessons before, but I wanted to. . . and still, a little.
And my mom wanted me to sign up for piano, before, too,
but we didn't know a place.

So, then she signed me up for art classes ever since. . .
first or second grade or something.
And also dance classes.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:10 pm
its an asian tradition to have the children play classical instruments.  

azn_pinoy_warrior

Stickah Facee

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:58 pm

I think most the parents had a diffucult time in their past.
And they see that you might be able to profit from learning piano or a violin.
All they want for you is success, so you have to go through what they went through.
I, on the other hand, Wish of playing the piano.
But dad is too over protective and won't let us do anything =_=;'

Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces