Okay, someone explain this to me... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 9:28 am
it's kinda sad, but my parents are afraid of hot topic. i can only take my 66 year old grandmother there.. 0_o we dont have a mall with hot topic by us so i have to wait till my grandmother comes over from canada for half the year...then i can go with her if we get a taxi...she cant drive..she never took classes.

so i manage to find my clothes at other stores that it pains me to go into... gonk and screw them up a bit...  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 10:00 am
My grandfather is horrified by Hot Topic. I have to tone down my clothes because i live with him and my grandmother. He's really old fashioned,and unfortunately he's one of those that look down on certain people like homosexuals(he's afraid of them) and he thinks all the black i wear is a sign that i worship the devil.....

(please do not be offended by me posting here when i've only just joined the guild.....)  

Adrastea Venaris

7,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bunny Hunter 100

misted tears

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:52 am
my mom doesnt mind that i go to hot topic..she doesnt entirely agree with what i buy but she'll let me wear almost anything because it's what i want. smile and my dad doesnt care either way. he'll actually go in with me and buy me clothes and such. as long as i pay him back later on stare  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 8:07 pm
i think its the simple fact that the so called normal person is afraid of wut they do not know, so they go along and fear it us as they would a paranormal apparition or some other freaky s**t just to be sceptical cause thats how they were brought up  

tazphreak

Alice_K8

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:49 am
I am afraid of hottopic O.o
^.^ I prefer thrift stores. There are far more options, and allows for more creativity and individuality.

<3<3<3 Value village!!!  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:57 am
The preppy people here aren't afraid of Hot Topic. They go in there all the time right after American Eagle. I'm sure some of them are afraid of it. Though most the people who go into the Hot Topic's around here are Preppy.  

Where Angels Fall

Invisible Citizen

Mavrikios1

500 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:29 pm
haha, I was never afraid of hot topic, but in the beginning, I just didnt feel like I was someone who should go in there, meaning I didnt dress or look the way most people did when I saw them go in there, then when I finally did, the people there were cool and talked to me so I felt comfortable and go there all the time now.

I think thats what other people think too, since they dont look like the people that work there or the customers they might be looked at differently.

there are probably people who are actually scared of that place though just because they aren't used to whatever is being sold on on display.

-the end of what I think and have to say-  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 1:02 pm
It would probably be the opposite for me. My mom would be the one saying "Hey look Ndoki! You'd like this store!" and I'd be the one screaming "Oh gods no! I don't wanna go! I don't wannaaaaaaa!!! crying crying " lol.  

Ndoki

AcidDropper

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 1:27 pm
Eh
I found my old kindergarten best friend on myspace
and she is the complete prep
and when we took this survey she says she was scared to go into hot topic
so i asked her why
"because, people like you go in there. I mean, nothing against you, but u dress weird. and I am afraid of becoming a goth too!"

._0
makes all the sence in the world
*slowly backs away*  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 2:33 pm
Lady(Rayne)
My grandfather is horrified by Hot Topic. I have to tone down my clothes because i live with him and my grandmother. He's really old fashioned,and unfortunately he's one of those that look down on certain people like homosexuals(he's afraid of them) and he thinks all the black i wear is a sign that i worship the devil.....

(please do not be offended by me posting here when i've only just joined the guild.....)

we're not offended! welcome dear friend!  

Henneth Annun
Captain

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 2:35 pm
i feel the OPPOSITE of afraid in hot topic....i asked my mom if i could go in there because i wanted some stuff and she looked really nervous...  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 2:07 pm
I think that they are afraid of hot topic because they do not know anything beyond their perfect little world they have created in their head. Anything not pink, warm, and fuzzy scares them.  

lest_redemtion

Ndoki

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 2:35 pm
I would say it is akin to the root of all fears. Fear of the unknown. "Preps" find hot topic a strange place they aren't used to, so they fear it.

That would be my guess.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 7:33 pm
razorblade6060
it's kinda sad, but my parents are afraid of hot topic. i can only take my 66 year old grandmother there.. 0_o we dont have a mall with hot topic by us so i have to wait till my grandmother comes over from canada for half the year...then i can go with her if we get a taxi...she cant drive..she never took classes.

so i manage to find my clothes at other stores that it pains me to go into... gonk and screw them up a bit...

My grandparents think that hot topic is for unfaith full assholes. I love hot topic but i have to go 45 miles to get there. so i have to get other s**t from other stores.. I rip holes in them and I get really baggy clothes. then my parent yell at me and tell me that i have to get something else O_o so i get all black and no matter what my parents say ******** them i will wear what ever the ******** i want and no one will stop me..:b I will do what ever i can to get hot topic clothes... emo they dont even like that i am EMO/GOTH/REBEL/b***h LOL!!!!!  

XxTrash_CanCandyxX

2,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

GreedsLittleEdo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 7:37 pm
I think they're scared because their type of clothes arn't sold in like HotTopic,and their little wussies.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff