Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply PFRC Mentoring Program
Planeswalking - Updated! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 10:54 am
Happy to help Maggie

missmagpie

Four dates that I do acknowledge are the solstices and equinoxes. I acknowledge their passing as opposed to celebrating them, so it’s usually just a simple thing of sitting down and thinking about it for a while. My god is a solar deity so the quarters are important for me to keep in tune with him.

Two questions, does your god have a name you can share with us?
Do the holidays have special names?  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 1:12 pm
TeaDidikai
Erm. No. He wouldn't even tell me His name for the first year after He claimed me. He has many titles and symbols that He uses instead. Some African deities can be like that...
Quote:
Not that I know of yet. The equinoxes don't even really count as holidays - they're just really for me to keep in touch with the changes. A lot of my stuff is based on fluidity and continuity; it makes a lot more sense to notice every day that the days are becoming shorter as opposed to only celebrating it the one day where the days do become shorter than nights. (man I hope that made sense)
The solstices are much more important.  

Pelta

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 1:33 pm
missmagpie
TeaDidikai
Erm. No. He wouldn't even tell me His name for the first year after He claimed me. He has many titles and symbols that He uses instead. Some African deities can be like that...
Quote:
Not that I know of yet. The equinoxes don't even really count as holidays - they're just really for me to keep in touch with the changes. A lot of my stuff is based on fluidity and continuity; it makes a lot more sense to notice every day that the days are becoming shorter as opposed to only celebrating it the one day where the days do become shorter than nights. (man I hope that made sense)
The solstices are much more important.

So... for clairification- He doesn't have one, or you can't tell us?  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 5:40 am
TeaDidikai
He has one. I can't tell you. Sorry. sweatdrop

I'm generally a rather secretive person. When it comes to this sort of stuff I'm triply so. In fact all the stuff I posted is about a third of what I actually do - I'm just not at liberty to talk about the rest.  

Pelta

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:21 pm
missmagpie
TeaDidikai
He has one. I can't tell you. Sorry. sweatdrop

I'm generally a rather secretive person. When it comes to this sort of stuff I'm triply so. In fact all the stuff I posted is about a third of what I actually do - I'm just not at liberty to talk about the rest.

No problem. I wasn't prying, just trying to understand.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 2:09 pm
TeaDidikai
Is cool. mrgreen

If it makes you feel any better nobody except me, my god and my mentor know who my god is. Even Wing didn't guess it right. wink  

Pelta

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:38 pm
missmagpie
TeaDidikai
Is cool. mrgreen

If it makes you feel any better nobody except me, my god and my mentor know who my god is. Even Wing didn't guess it right. wink
Wait... We're allowed to guess?

Are we allowed to play to the best of our ability while guessing?  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 3:08 am
TeaDidikai
No. stare Nice try though.  

Pelta

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 3:11 am
missmagpie
TeaDidikai
Do I get a cookie?  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 3:58 am
TeaDidikai
missmagpie
TeaDidikai
Do I get a cookie?
Well considering I just baked some yesterday...

~cookie~ biggrin  

Pelta

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:24 pm
missmagpie
Well considering I just baked some yesterday...

~cookie~ biggrin
~munchies~  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:16 am
It's been a while, and some things have changed or needed to be clarified.

So I updated! mrgreen  

Pelta

MoonJeli

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:41 am
Do you do any dream journeys/work/travel at all, or do you only journey when awake?  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 10:23 am
MoonJeli
Do you do any dream journeys/work/travel at all, or do you only journey when awake?
Well, I know it is possible to do dreamwork and wandering when asleep. I've done it occasionally, but mostly by accident. The problem is attaining control of the dream, and for me control is the most important part of any working/journey.

There have been a few times I became conscious of dreaming and decided to play around, but the kind of spiritual stuff I do in astral journeys I would only attempt when awake and in full control of my functions.

I also think dreams sometimes carry interesting psychological messages. They can tell you a lot about yourself and your situation. So often when you're dreaming it's not the same as journeying in my sense of the word. It's like a garbled message, and wandering around in something like that could be very confusing and also possibly make you miss the point of it entirely.

In short, many dreams do not take you to the same 'elsewhere' that I go in controlled conscious travelling, and I really only ever travel in a fully controlled environment with full capacity of thought.  

Pelta

VisasMarr

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:30 am
How did you know when your God claimed you? What did it feel like? Or was he always there, you just learned later that he was?  
PFRC Mentoring Program

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff