Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Goetia Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kal Eldritch

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:06 pm
Darin Rosewood
Sovereign of Darkness
TeaDidikai
Darin Rosewood
TeaDidikai
Time's up. No cookies for anyone.

Point blank- if you have to ask a stranger on a forum for permission to practice, the answer should ALWAYS be no.
I asked someone for permission to do something? That's not in my character. XD I reread the post, and still have no idea what you're talking about. Lol.

Triste, since you=magical Goetia expert smile ) (multiple chins... rofl), could you offer some advice? Thanks.

"If you think I'm being selfish and/or Fluffy, please slap me. ^_^"

Hence the slap.

Further- you took Triste seriously? gonk
He must be new to the colorful characters in the FRG.

As for advice: Have some common sense. If you're going to be summoning demons of disputable power, make sure you are damned protected. Study the ritual you are using until you start uttering incantations in your sleep. And please, make sure you know the name of the angel that binds it.

As for piccies...

http://www.sacred-texts.com/grim/lks/index.htm

Have fun with the possibly traumatic experiance that is evocation.
I know I'm not ready to actually practice evocation. This is for future reference, as in way in the future. And yes, I am new. XD

Waitwaitwait... there are angels binding each of those spirits? Thank whichever God/Goddess favors me that someone told me. That could have been veeery bad. *shudder* Do you know someplace to get that information? I didn't read it in the Goetia, is it in one of the other books of the Legemeton?

Like I said... need lots more experience. ^_^;;
Best way to learn is to read. Then again, the First Great Curse in the Goetia is adequate for any such evocation, but Don Kraig has got it in my head that there are opposing angels...can't imagine why, but it's there anyways. Probably said it to make you search for it, therefore making you search every grimoire until you give up and realize that I'm an idiot...but become a more knowledgeable person through that search. Or perhaps I'm right and just can't think of my source? You decide. wink

If I were going to read any other two books in the Lemegeton after the Goetia, it'd probably be the Theurgia-Goetia and the Ars Paulina. The Theurgia-Goetia seems to be a lot more organized than the Goetia and the Ars Paulina teaches you about the 24 angels (a cookie for you if you can guess the symbolism in there being only 24 of them) and finding what I would concider to be your "gaurdian" angel. You might want to go read the Greater Key as well. It basically covers everything you'd want to know about conjuring and then some more seemingly random stuff. (To Hinder a Sportsman From Killing any Game?)

Please take note: I'm a ceremonial n00blet as well, just slightly more informed, so don't take my word as devine reverence. It appears that ones greatest virtue in the buisness of grimoires is the inability to set down a book and a shitload of focus.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:57 pm
Sovereign of Darkness
Darin Rosewood
Sovereign of Darkness
TeaDidikai
Darin Rosewood
TeaDidikai
Time's up. No cookies for anyone.

Point blank- if you have to ask a stranger on a forum for permission to practice, the answer should ALWAYS be no.
I asked someone for permission to do something? That's not in my character. XD I reread the post, and still have no idea what you're talking about. Lol.

Triste, since you=magical Goetia expert smile ) (multiple chins... rofl), could you offer some advice? Thanks.

"If you think I'm being selfish and/or Fluffy, please slap me. ^_^"

Hence the slap.

Further- you took Triste seriously? gonk
He must be new to the colorful characters in the FRG.

As for advice: Have some common sense. If you're going to be summoning demons of disputable power, make sure you are damned protected. Study the ritual you are using until you start uttering incantations in your sleep. And please, make sure you know the name of the angel that binds it.

As for piccies...

http://www.sacred-texts.com/grim/lks/index.htm

Have fun with the possibly traumatic experiance that is evocation.
I know I'm not ready to actually practice evocation. This is for future reference, as in way in the future. And yes, I am new. XD

Waitwaitwait... there are angels binding each of those spirits? Thank whichever God/Goddess favors me that someone told me. That could have been veeery bad. *shudder* Do you know someplace to get that information? I didn't read it in the Goetia, is it in one of the other books of the Legemeton?

Like I said... need lots more experience. ^_^;;
Best way to learn is to read. Then again, the First Great Curse in the Goetia is adequate for any such evocation, but Don Kraig has got it in my head that there are opposing angels...can't imagine why, but it's there anyways. Probably said it to make you search for it, therefore making you search every grimoire until you give up and realize that I'm an idiot...but become a more knowledgeable person through that search. Or perhaps I'm right and just can't think of my source? You decide. wink

If I were going to read any other two books in the Lemegeton after the Goetia, it'd probably be the Theurgia-Goetia and the Ars Paulina. The Theurgia-Goetia seems to be a lot more organized than the Goetia and the Ars Paulina teaches you about the 24 angels (a cookie for you if you can guess the symbolism in there being only 24 of them) and finding what I would concider to be your "gaurdian" angel. You might want to go read the Greater Key as well. It basically covers everything you'd want to know about conjuring and then some more seemingly random stuff. (To Hinder a Sportsman From Killing any Game?)

Please take note: I'm a ceremonial n00blet as well, just slightly more informed, so don't take my word as devine reverence. It appears that ones greatest virtue in the buisness of grimoires is the inability to set down a book and a shitload of focus.
Thanks. I have the entire KoS and Legemeton on my computer, I'll have to dig 'em up an dhave another go at 'em. ^_^  

Darin Rosewood

Kal Eldritch

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:55 am
*le GASP!!!* Sovereign learned something after reading part of a grimoire blaugh

It seems that in the Testament of Solomon, Mr. Kraig is not totally delusional.

Quote:
10. And Solomon said to him: "Tell me, O demon, to what zodiacal sign thou art subject." And he answered: "To the Water-pourer6. And those who are consumed with desire for the noble virgins upon earth . . . . . [there appears to be a lacuna here], these I strangle7. But in case there is no disposition to sleep8, I am changed into three forms. Whenever men come to be enamoured of women, I metamorphose myself into a comely female; and I take hold of the men in their sleep, and play with them. And after a while I again take to my wings, and hie me to the heavenly regions. I also appear as a lion, and I am commanded by all the demons. I am offspring of the archangel Uriel9, the power of God."

11. I Solomon, having heard the name of the archangel, prayed and glorified God, the Lord of heaven and earth. And I sealed the [18] demon and set him to work at stone-cutting, so that he might cut the stones in the Temple, which, lying along the shore, had been brought by the Sea of Arabia. But he, fearful of the iron, continued and said to me: "I pray thee, King Solomon, let me go free; and I will bring you all the demons." And as he was not willing to be subject to me, I prayed the archangel Uriel to come and succour me; and I forthwith beheld the archangel Uriel coming down to me from the heavens.
12. And the angel bade the whales10 of the sea come out of the abyss. And he cast his destiny upon the ground, and that [destiny] made subject [to him] the great demon11. And he commanded the great demon and bold Ornias, to cut stones at the Temple12. And accordingly I Solomon glorified the God of heaven and Maker of the earth. And he bade Ornias come with his destiny, and gave him the seal, saying: "Away with thee, and bring me hither the prince of all the demons."

'ho s**t! I might've been right after all eek
Of course, that doesn't mean you have to have the names, but if the Lesser and Greater curse don't work and you still wanna have a go at it, here's your go to book.

http://www.esotericarchives.com/solomon/testamen.htm  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces