Patricia Briggs Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:26 pm
Her books aren't as hard to find now as they were last year, at least not in the bookstores I go to. 'Though I think Dragon Blood and Dragon Bones are the scarcest ones right now that are still in print.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:16 am
NightIntent
I loved Alpha and Omega. She's starting a new series for it, scheduled to come out this summer, which makes me really happy as wel as impatient. And I really can't wait for Iron-Kissed. Apparently, Mercy finally decides who she's gonna be with, Sam or Adam. I want to know! Why can't it be January yet?!
Are you srs!? I can't wait!

Truthfully, I forgot who both of them were. I have to reread the first two again.

And I liked Alpha and Omega too. I can't wait for that series.

Rabid Nozomi

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:44 am
I'm hoping that the series based off of Alpha and Omega is good. Patricia Briggs says on her website that she really enjoys writing Charles, so it should be good. And the contrast between Charles and Anna (was that her name? I forget) is just entertaining.

Sam is the one Mercy was in love with when she was younger, and Adam is the Alpha in the Tri-Cities area. (forget the name of the pack). I like Adam a lot better than Sam, personally.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:12 pm
Her work is amazing. I love her characters and their dialoge! I've all her books except Masques.  

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 4:29 pm
Maze353
Her work is amazing. I love her characters and their dialoge! I've all her books except Masques.

Same. I wish they'd re-release it. On her website, she says there're plans to re-release it at some point, along with the never-before-published sequel, but that it's on a back burner. The Mercy series and her new one come first. But I wanna read it so bad!  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:23 pm
I love her characters!! She expresses them so well. >< Can't wait for iron kissed!! Yeah!! Janurary is almost here!!! ><  

Bun-Chan

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:37 pm
Bun-Chan
I love her characters!! She expresses them so well. >< Can't wait for iron kissed!! Yeah!! Janurary is almost here!!! ><

She really does. Some authors don't quite manage to make their characters distinguishable from the others (Sharon Shinn, while I really like her writing, kinda does this), but Patricia Briggs manages to make them all different.

I can't wait! There are like three books that I want coming out on the same day, but this is gonna be the first one I look for.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:55 pm
Mwahahaha! I got Iron Kissed already. Two weeks before it was supposed to come out~ I was super excited when I saw it sitting on the bookshelf at the store.

Currently, I'm halfway through it. Love it~ Except Zee's acting kinda like a jerk right now, but whatever. It'll probably be resolved. And Patricia Briggs finally settled the whole Adam-Mercy-Samuel love triangle thing. Yay! I'm happy with it, so far at least. Gonna have to see what happens with it as the book progresses.  

NightIntent
Captain

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:36 pm
NightIntent
Mwahahaha! I got Iron Kissed already. Two weeks before it was supposed to come out~ I was super excited when I saw it sitting on the bookshelf at the store.

Currently, I'm halfway through it. Love it~ Except Zee's acting kinda like a jerk right now, but whatever. It'll probably be resolved. And Patricia Briggs finally settled the whole Adam-Mercy-Samuel love triangle thing. Yay! I'm happy with it, so far at least. Gonna have to see what happens with it as the book progresses.

Ack! I still haven't gotten it yet. I haven't seen the inside of a bookstore in months...and I have no spare cash or time.

Cry Wolf is supposed to come out in Aug. For X-mas she did a story in Wereeolves & Mistletoe featuring David Christiansen from Moon Called. A Mercy book is planned for Jan 09 as well. AND a graphic novel series based on the Mercy series is in the works.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:07 pm
I can't wait for Cry Wolf to come out. I really liked Alpha and Omega.

I was reading her website, and the next Mercy book is apparently barely started. Or was wen the site was last updated. I forgot to check the date. The graphic novel sounds like it'll be interesting, too. A lot of authors are coming out with graphic novels recently. Tamora Pierce is co-writing an original one (I think, don't know any details) called White Tiger. Jim Butcher is coming out with a Dresden Files graphic novel in October. And now Patricia Briggs is getting one. It's interesting.

I want to read the Christmas short story sometime. David Christiansen seemed like a good character in Moon Called. It'll be interesting to see what she does with him as a main character in a short story.  

NightIntent
Captain

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:24 pm
I don't remember Christiansen. I need to go back and reread Moon Called.

White Tiger is Pierce's graphic novel. i didn't know Butcher was getting one! R.A. Salvatore also got some graphic novels for the Drizzit books.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:33 pm
Christiansen and his grandsons were entertaining. The grandsons, especially. I don't know what it was about them.

I'm not entirely sure about the Dresden Files comic book series. I just saw it on Amazon, an dit's being released in October. I should check his fan website, but I haven't bothered yet. There's plenty of time.  

NightIntent
Captain

Tarantellatears

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:39 am
A friend of mine found Moon Called and loved it, and was also weirded out by certain similarities.
1.) Her name is Mercedes
2.) She likes to tinker with things
3.)She's a Christian
It was funny to be around her when she was reading it, because occasionally she'd go "HEY!" XD
Anyways, she passed it on to me, and I loved it. I've been trying to find other books by her, but our library doesn't have any, and our bookstore doesn't either.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:58 pm
I actually found out about this author when Iron Kissed was released. My mother brought it home and we both devoured it in a week. It was so good I went out and bought the first two in the series. (Mum is mad because I won't let her have them for her shelf.)

Her other series are just as good? I haven't yet picked any of her other books up, though I did read her short story in On the Prowl. I'm also looking forward to a full book about Charles.  

Wissakins

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:30 pm
I really like her other series. Dragon Blood and Dragon Bones are both very good. (I'm pretty sure Dragon Bones comes first....) The Raven duology was probably my least favorite of the books by her that I've read, but still better than quite a few books I've read. I forget the name for the other series, but it's got Steal the Dragon, Masques, and When Demons Walk, and it's also pretty good. Masques is actually out of print, but she has plans to re-release it, along with its never-before-released sequel. Eventually. The Mercy series and the new Anna and Charles series both come before that one. She also has Hob's Bargain, which was fairly good.

I'm really looking forward to her new series. I'd like to see what she can do with other werewolves, and the interactions between Anna and Charles was just too funny.  
Fantasy Books Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff