Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Myspace? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you have one? Will you give it to me?
  Maybe
View Results

ringwraith10

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 6:10 am
I have a myspace, but I don't usually friend strangers... if I got to know you a bit on here, I might friend you, though. I rarely use it -- I mostly have it to keep track of a few friends who are addicted to it. I spend most of my time here on Gaia and on livejournal.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 6:12 am
GilAskan
I'm strongly against myspace. It's not a matter of popularity or anything. I'm not just anti-myspace because it's so hugely popular. I've always been against it, ever since it first started up.

Why? Infringing on artist's rights.

Many people (including the artists who do this) don't realise that any unlicensed music an artist puts up on myspace becomes the property of myspace. It's a part of the band/artist contract, but is commonly over-looked or misinterpretted. I know a ton of artists who have to pay myspace royalties; they uploaded their music on myspace before copyrighting it, and now that they've signed to a label, they have to pay myspace to use their own music.

Yeah, it's part of the contract, but I still find it to be infringing on artist's rights.
eek Wow. That's bad. Really bad.  

ringwraith10

misted tears

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 6:32 am
I only have one because I basically live in two places and it's easier to keep in touch with everybody than making a million phone calls every other day or so. Plus with everybody else that lives so far away from me, it's a lot cheaper and easier. (And I dont like talking on phones smile )  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:21 am
misted tears
I only have one because I basically live in two places and it's easier to keep in touch with everybody than making a million phone calls every other day or so. Plus with everybody else that lives so far away from me, it's a lot cheaper and easier. (And I dont like talking on phones smile )

That's what IMs and emails are for in my opinion. I hate talking on the phone too, and my friends are litterally scattered across the world now, so the only way to keep in contact with them is through email and IM 3nodding Only one of them has a MySpace and that's only because of her work...  

Dayanaria

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:53 pm
ringwraith10
GilAskan
I'm strongly against myspace. It's not a matter of popularity or anything. I'm not just anti-myspace because it's so hugely popular. I've always been against it, ever since it first started up.

Many people (including the artists who do this) don't realise that any unlicensed music an artist puts up on myspace becomes the property of myspace. It's a part of the band/artist contract, but is commonly over-looked or misinterpretted. I know a ton of artists who have to pay myspace royalties; they uploaded their music on myspace before copyrighting it, and now that they've signed to a label, they have to pay myspace to use their own music.

Yeah, it's part of the contract, but I still find it to be infringing on artist's rights.

Don't even get me started on the "Myspace Movies" issue.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:46 pm
wow,
i feel odd now 'cause i have a myspace account.

i don't use it for popularity [feh, i only have about 20 people on my friends' list] and i origionally got it for the mere fact that none of my friends would get a DarkStarlings account.

but yea,
my account name is

:[ronton]

.......and yes i have a reason for putting the word "ronton" in all of my usernames.  

ronton-ritsuzen

Drifter_Xwolf

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:05 pm
personaly i dispise it with all my soul or lack there of but i have one to comunicate with family because most of my cousins have um and to communicate with friends from school whos phone number i dont have its mostly my brother that updates mine other wise i let it sit and rot i change the music though every once in awhile thats about it  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:32 am
Sadly i have one....but its to keep track of what friends i have left....its on my www link thing  

Artica_Maius-The_Fox_Born

3,200 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Team Edward 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Fux this account

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:18 am
myspace....was something my sister started...only the account was under my name...so I took it over...and now it sits there and rots...I gave my girlfriend my password so she's doing stuff to my profile...just add a 7 to the end of my gaian screen name for the myspace account I "own"....  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:49 pm
i have one but i haven't been on it for.....oh....i dunno almost six months now. i think it's just a waste of time 3nodding  

le Ikari

redline_lover

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 8:47 am
i have one but i only made it to talk to my friends from califonia  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 9:37 am
I have one, and Im not gonna defend or justify why I have a myspace.

I like myspace.

www.myspace.com/xdeliriumgirlx  

Choboxer

5,800 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

AdrianaKitten

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 2:44 am
GilAskan
ringwraith10
GilAskan

Don't even get me started on the "Myspace Movies" issue.

Do they do the same thing as they do to the music?  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 2:46 am
silence_after_death
myspace....was something my sister started...only the account was under my name...so I took it over...and now it sits there and rots...I gave my girlfriend my password so she's doing stuff to my profile...just add a 7 to the end of my gaian screen name for the myspace account I "own"....

My friend just loves to design the pages for some reason.
P.S. you signature is cute.I mean cool.  

AdrianaKitten

xxxdeletemexxx

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 4:28 pm
I only use it for one reason - I moved, and it's pretty much the only way i can still talk to my old friends - they don't like to email. It was fine for maybe the first week or so, but it got really old really fast. Now my sister keeps trying to add me and s**t, and it's annoying. I'd just post random s**t about my opinions of t.A.T.u. and crap no one listens to anymore because I would be bored out of my mind.
And my crush continually posts new pics. She's just incredibly photogenic and poetic and GAAAAAH! Why is she straight?.....

Myspace is a pain in the a**.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces