Anime/Manga suggestion thread Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Long Black Veil

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 2:19 pm
HelenaHikari
If you like to see girls kick a** then watch Kiddy Grade; if you like to see little girls kick a** then watch Gunslinger Girl.

yah!  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:11 pm
i say that everyone should watch dnangel!!
and ouran high school host club, and harukanaru toki no naka de. theyre all good, and full of hot guys to boot  

darkdark7

Gore Heart

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 4:35 pm
im dont really like any of these animes...  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 6:22 am
Name: DearS
Anime or Manga?: They have both, but the Anime comes up short.
Rating (Teen, Older Teen, etc.): Mature
Brief summary: Alien spaceship crashes on earth, and Japan Accepts them into their society, and labeled them why not, DearS. To make a long story short one named Ren comes into a guy Named Takeyas life, and begins claiming he is her master. This is about what he had to go through with the Alien. I'm trying hard not to spoil any thing for the people that hate that, but the school he attends get a homestay for another DearS causing comflict between the two DearS
Additional comments:It's genre is comedy/romance

Thonek

Revered Sex Symbol

11,000 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Thonek

Revered Sex Symbol

11,000 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 6:24 am
Thief977
Name: Hikaru no Go
Anime or Manga?: Both
Rating (Teen, Older Teen, etc.): All or Y7
Brief summary: A 12 year old boy (Hikaru) finds a bloodstaind Go board haunted by Fujiwara no Sai. After Sai goes into Hikaru's mind, the two play side-by-side, while Sai tries to obtain The Hand of God!
Additional comments:
The manga had caught my eye in an issue of Shonen Jump after Naruto. I looked it up on YouTube and found a huge treasure trove of episodes. It also got me hooked on the Go game. You all should give it a chance.

Sorry, but unless you like being bored out of your mind, then don't listen to this guy.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:50 pm
well tenjou tenge us good, I didn't feel like filling that out... sweatdrop  

Grimm IronShade

kurikai tokshima

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 8:16 pm
If you like samurai things a must see is the samurai x directors cut basicly the prequal to rounin kenshin (problly spelt that wrong please forgive me)  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:53 pm
Princess Tutu is what i'm watching right now.

Up Next will be: Gunslinger Girl
Buying At the Moment: Negima, Trinity Blood, Moon Phase.
Must see Movie: Tokyo Godfathers
Can't wait for: Disgaea Anime  

ChanceOfRayne

RETARDED-DlN0SAUR

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 7:19 pm
wahmbulance red river(older teens)
ceres
crescent moon
tokyo mew mew
pet shop of horrors
demon diary
chronicles of the cursed sword
.hack(all)
angelic layer(anime and manga)
cardcaptures(all) wahmbulance  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:35 am
Name: To Heart 2
Anime or Manga?: both I guess
Rating (Teen, Older Teen, etc.): they say 15
Brief summary: Following her graduation from middle school, Konomi Yuzuhara enters the same high school as Takaaki Kono, her childhood friend. As the new school year begins, they meet their childhood friend Tamaki Kosaka, as well as many new accquaintances.
Additional comments:
Although it will never go official in the US, its still an awesome anime to watch. Very memorial too, and it kinda has romance in it  

Miyavi San

Zororo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:55 am
Anime - SGT Frog(Keroro Gunso), Azumanga, .hack, Ikki Tousen(Battle Vixens), Negima, Pok'eMon, Fruits Basket, those are good anime to watch if you don't watch much anime and want to see what you into, though Battle Vixens may be a bit much for some people. But, its pretty cool. Its only like $18 on discountanimedvd.com. There are only 13 episodes.

Manga - SGT Frog, Azumanga, Negima, Love Hina, Genshiken, Chobits, Tsubasa, xxxHolic, Girls Bravo, Chrono Crusade, Pok'eMon Red, Battle Vixens, the Ring is pretty good if you're into horror.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:52 am
Name: Futari wa Purikyua (or just Pretty Cure)
Anime or Manga?: Anime
Rating (Teen, Older Teen, etc.): Y7 - PG
Brief summary: Nagisa Misumi and Honoka Yukishiro see two shooting stars one night, one landing near each of them. They discover that creatures from another world, Mipple and Mepple (who disguise themselves as cellphones), came to Earth to defeat the evil and restore their lands. Nagisa and Honoka are their only help, but with the power of Pretty Cure (turning then into Cure Black and Cure White), they will fight the bad guys and discover all the Prism Stones.
Additional comments: Yes, this is a Magical Girl series... but it's really quite fun despite that... they also don't really use magical powers, mostly physical powers after one of the any Magical Girl transformations we see every episode.

Also, this hasn't come to America yet, just to let you know, although 4Kids is dubbing it.

eduardo galpaleano

Liberal Ladykiller

9,400 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

NinjaDon

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 5:25 pm
El Hazard  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 12:17 pm
Name: The melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Anime or Manga?: Both (One anime, like 12 different series of manga x_x)
Rating (Teen, Older Teen, etc.): Teen (..the anime is slightly perverted, i have yet to see any nudity..actually i havent seen nudity but close >.> wink
Brief summary: The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi) is a story about a high-school freshman, Suzumiya Haruhi, and those who are caught up in her antics. On the first day of school, she introduced herself in a bizarre way.

“From East Middle School, Suzumiya Haruhi. I have no interest in ordinary humans. If there are any aliens, time travelers, sliders, or espers here.. come join me. That is all!”

Her classmates wondered whether she was serious or just kidding around. Kyon, a fellow freshman who sits in front of Haruhi, was interested in her because of her strange introduction. Little by little, he tried to talk to her, but Haruhi's answers would always be "Shut up!" "Moron!" "Be quiet!" "Who cares about that!?". However, as the days went by, Kyon becomes the first ever to talk normally with Haruhi and eventually inspired her to form the SOS Brigade which sole purpose is to find aliens, time travelers and espers, and have fun with them. (Thanks to anime nfo)

Additional comments: the series goes out of chronological order... so it's strange.. but you get used to it... ^_^ and it's like "Oooo" and watching it in chronological order..sort of ruins thinkingness feel to it.. ("thinkingness" not my day..trust mee..).. Yeah

Fluffy_thunder

Dante Demoness

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 2:28 pm
Name: Hana-Kimi
Anime or Manga?: Manga
Rating (Teen, Older Teen, etc.): T+ (for older teens)
Brief summary: about a Japanese girl (Ashiya Mizuki) who lives in America and has had a crush on a boy (Izumi Sano) who lives in Japan. Being as spontaneous as she is, she cuts her long hair and transfers to Izumi’s school, but why does she need to cut her hair? Because Izumi’s school is an all boys school. She has to get through school pretending she’s a boy just for Izumi. What’s even better, she’s roommates with him. She meets friends along the way and has many adventures such as being a model, working at a hotel, having to dress up for a girl so she can go to the school dance and many more. Hana-Kimi is a 23 book series. It has humor, romance and heartbreak. The characters are fun to read, the development of the characters is also a fun part to read about. Each character learns something about themselves and we’re reading how they change. Not all of the 23 books are out in America yet so the readers are on the edge of there seat.
Additional comments:
My fingers hurt from typing all of that XDD  
An Anime Addict's Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas