Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
Shounen-ai and the Art Arena Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hey, look, a poll.
  Poll = gold.
View Results

Aeronwyn

14,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Cheerleader 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:38 am
I try to judge objectively in the arena, although I probably am swayed by subjects I like a little too much... smile

I hate it when people give really bad comments just because something is slashy. I'm more of a writer than an artist, I've even had my very own wtf comment for a fic. *preens* LMAO.

Quote:
wtf...ok then...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:10 pm
kiba132324
Thats the thing on gaia. If someone does not like the picture they give it a 1 or 2. It can have perfect perspective,shading ect. but if they do not liek the theme they say its ugly. No one looks at talent anymore. |:<

And if they like a theme, they'll give it a 9-10, even if the quality is poor. rolleyes I thought the art of critique was a bit dead on dA... but the art arena is something else. I'd rather have a useful critique any day. whee

@Sheltigrrl: Yep, I noticed that quite some time later- way too pointy IMO. xd The image is a bit dated.  

overlordofthepies

RionaDaidouji

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:03 am
One thing I've noticed in the Art Arena is that if something isn't anime, but drawn really good, it can get an average of around 5 or 6, but a quickly drawn anime piece will get an 8 or 9... That kinda bugs me...

This wasn't in the art arena, but on DA I post male/male stuff every once and a while, because of my two OCs who are gay, but the minute I post female/female, suddenly all my watchers are homophobes.

The picture in question: http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/15073866/

At least they're all mature enough to at least say something about the actual drawing, though... I'd be afraid of posting this on Gaia...  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:10 am
I dunno if it's considered a coincidence or not but my picture of my RP charrie Michael got a high score of 8 the first time around, out beating my other drawings (and it was a anime sketch too) but soon it dropped to 6. I put in the description that he was a gay charrie too. >_> I dunno..  

Zee`s Dead

AtlantisChildren

Invisible Fairy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:58 am
I don't post art but that kinda stuff still annoys me. A really god artist on D.A. deleted all of her art and left the site for a while 'cause people were saying that they were gross ('cause it was shonen ai stuff) and I think a few people said that her art in general was bad. Stupid people.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:16 am
Yeah, I don't get why people do things like that. They could always ignore it and continue along their way.
People just confuse me sometimes. Comments like that won't do anybody any good.  

Azu_Manga_Daioh

Seijaku_Ishida

8,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:07 am
RionaDaidouji
One thing I've noticed in the Art Arena is that if something isn't anime, but drawn really good, it can get an average of around 5 or 6, but a quickly drawn anime piece will get an 8 or 9... That kinda bugs me...

This wasn't in the art arena, but on DA I post male/male stuff every once and a while, because of my two OCs who are gay, but the minute I post female/female, suddenly all my watchers are homophobes.

At least they're all mature enough to at least say something about the actual drawing, though... I'd be afraid of posting this on Gaia...

This is true. My friend Vestaka( http://mistressofspam.deviantart.com on DA) got an average of 4 in the Art Arena, but she's a professional artist! It really boggles the mind, but anime fans will be anime fans, I suppose.

Female/female? Figures. I just don't get the anti-yuri-and-het mindset some people have.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:40 pm
Seijaku_Ishida
RionaDaidouji

This is true. My friend Vestaka( http://mistressofspam.deviantart.com on DA) got an average of 4 in the Art Arena, but she's a professional artist! It really boggles the mind, but anime fans will be anime fans, I suppose.

Female/female? Figures. I just don't get the anti-yuri-and-het mindset some people have.

Except I know quite a few of the male species who will freak out over shounen-ai, but if you draw yuri, it's the greatest thing ever done. That's what I don't get.  

Dultae

Seijaku_Ishida

8,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 8:13 am
Sheltigrrl

Except I know quite a few of the male species who will freak out over shounen-ai, but if you draw yuri, it's the greatest thing ever done. That's what I don't get.

That doesn't really phase me.

The guys that freak out over shonen-ai/yaoi but badger girlfriends to try bumsex, on the other hand... rolleyes  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 9:28 am
Turthfully,
I think if the art is good itself it should deserve a better score,
no matter the theme.

Even if people don't agree with what the picture is of,
they are supposed to give a score based on the quality of the picture.
How well it is drawn.

But who knows anymore.
I like it.

A Gentleman Caller

Dultae

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 11:06 am
Seijaku_Ishida
Sheltigrrl

That doesn't really phase me.

The guys that freak out over shonen-ai/yaoi but badger girlfriends to try bumsex, on the other hand... rolleyes

Well, that's just flat out stupid. xDDDDDDD  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 10:18 pm
I drew some Boy's Love drawings and they vaguely creeped my friend out. Actually, the mere mention of them did. She says, "Hey, Cindy, guess what I'm doing?"
So I'm all, "What?"
And she's all, "I'm drawing a picture of ___." (I forget what.)
So I'm all, "Awesome. You know what I drew at three o'clock last night?"
And she's all, "What?"
So I'm all, "MephistoxJohann."
And she's like, "AAAAAHH!" Or something. I forget the exact noise she made or what she said after it, but the reaction is clear enough, right?
(God, I wish I could post art but it's such a pain to do so. My scanner doesn't work, so I have to use my dad's. So I scan everything, crop them a little, load them onto my jump drive, and go back to my computer. I move them from my jump drive to my desktop and I load them into PaintShopPro. I mess with them a bit more and then post. It takes forever and it's such a monumental pain. stressed )

marrrow

Graceful crisis

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:51 am
Adorable 4laugh
I love the shadowing 3nodding

Engel means Angel in Danish ... >__>

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:03 pm
I might try posting art in the Art Arena sometime. I dunno. It'd be cool to see what other people thought of it and jazz like that.  

Kitsune-chi

Katastrophic_Kate

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:48 pm
*sigh* the least they could do is not rate it. Jerks.
But, now I kinda wanna post something just so I can laugh at the crappy comments. he he he.  
The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff