Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
What's the worst "cop-out" you've read? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Skizzors
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 4:51 pm
Rio Ri
I copped out on this one fan fiction that turned EVERYONE gay and I mean everyone from Yugioh (Or now, according to the writer- You-Gay-Hoe). It was so painful.
Grandpa?  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:06 pm
overlordofthepies
I think the overused DBZ one rubs me the wrong way a bit- largely because one fic used it, and it spread like the plague. But faster. And digitally. Once or twice I wouldn't mind much, but it is reused so much it has practically become fannon.

Basically, they made up the excuse that the Saiyans had a genetic bias towards being male, and so a greater percentage of the population were male, so a lot of them couldn't find women. So they couple up with men. It just seems really, really stupid, since nine out of ten times they decided to set the story on woman-rich planet Earth anyway. sweatdrop

Nothing was specified in the series-they simply didn't show many female Saiyans. Since the planet was all blown up and stuff.

Argh! Yes, I know what you're talking about! It's been so long since I read DBZ fics, I'd almost forgotten...

I remember reading one where some female Saiyan (can't even remember how she got on Earth, but anywho) was saying that all Saiyans were either gay or bi -- non of them were born straight. (Well, except for her, apparently, but then she started getting a crush on Bulma...)

It was a pain. It was all, like "Only 1/4 of the Saiyan race is female!" and I was all "WTF?!"  

RionaDaidouji

MinaMouse

Magnetic Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:36 pm
I always get so angry when it's just like, "Oh I've always had a crush on X" and the other is like, "Oh I've always had a crush on Y." then they're talking and X randomly says, "I love you, Y"
That's completely unrealistic. It's REALLY hard to say "I love you" to one you love, it's practically impossible to say by accident!

And then there's the ones where five minutes after they confess their feelings, they have sex. Usually people date for about a month before dropping their pants.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:42 pm
Ugh... All I can say is that this thread has traumatised me as it revived many of my worst fanfic memories. I'm going away to cry over mankind's inability to produce quality litterature now.  

[OMFG NARKI]

blackcatluck

Dapper Gaian

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 5:04 am
Narki
Ugh... All I can say is that this thread has traumatised me as it revived many of my worst fanfic memories. I'm going away to cry over mankind's inability to produce quality litterature now.

sorry? rofl  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:41 am
Narki

YOU'RE WELCOME. biggrin (And if you think THIS is bad, never go to the GAFF forums.)  

Dultae

[OMFG NARKI]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 12:45 pm
blackcatluck
Sorry? rofl

Nevermind me, I usually don't make much sense at 6AM. XD

Sheltigrrl
Narki

YOU'RE WELCOME. biggrin (And if you think THIS is bad, never go to the GAFF forums.)

Now you're making me waaaay too curious for comfort. By all means, do enlighten me. ^^  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 1:19 pm
Narki
Sheltigrrl
Narki

Now you're making me waaaay too curious for comfort. By all means, do enlighten me. ^^

GAFF: GodAwful FanFiction. The site--www.godawful.net--reviews some pretty BAD s**t. The forums are even worse. If you find a truly godawful story, tell us GAFFers all about it.

And then we'll rip it to absolute ******** shreds. whee

The funny thing is, GAFF is actually a flame-retardant. Take out your anger, your hatred, your vengeance on the fic on the FORUMS, and then you can go and give a nice, calm, rational review on the fic itself. But really? It's just fun. xDD

I haven't been on GAFF in a few months, I should go back and see what's new...  

Dultae

[OMFG NARKI]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 3:22 pm
Sounds like a delicious timekiller/self confidence booster, like a modern day MST3K but for awful fanfics rather than the cream of Hollywood's achievements. XD  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:28 pm
Sheltigrrl
Narki
Sheltigrrl
Narki

GAFF: GodAwful FanFiction. The site--www.godawful.net--reviews some pretty BAD s**t. The forums are even worse. If you find a truly godawful story, tell us GAFFers all about it.

And then we'll rip it to absolute ******** shreds. whee

The funny thing is, GAFF is actually a flame-retardant. Take out your anger, your hatred, your vengeance on the fic on the FORUMS, and then you can go and give a nice, calm, rational review on the fic itself. But really? It's just fun. xDD

I haven't been on GAFF in a few months, I should go back and see what's new...

i've heard of them once, but never really been to the site. i wonder if they have anything i've read before (and if not, they should!!).... onward to GAFF!  

blackcatluck

Dapper Gaian

Vio-kun

Quotable Lunatic

5,200 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:49 am
>_> One thing I *really* hate are canon character/original character pairings... because many times the OC is a Mary Sue/Gary Stu and... blah. I only like CC/OC pairing when it's justified or in minor part. (justified: that character and pairing are needed to get something done, in minor part: mentioned only a few times... like... err, if a HP fic says that Snape had a wife/girlfriend/husband/boyfriend when he was young but they're separated now or the person has died or something like that. XD)

Of course there's lots of other stuff I dislike, but they've already been mentioned in this thread. :3  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:26 pm
I always find myself cheering when it's CC/OC and gay. You really just don't see that enough.

Then I find myself frothing at the mouth when it turns out to be CC/STU. x_X You just don't get enough GOOD CC/gay!OC.  

Dultae

Riosin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:22 pm
Skizzors
Rio Ri
I copped out on this one fan fiction that turned EVERYONE gay and I mean everyone from Yugioh (Or now, according to the writer- You-Gay-Hoe). It was so painful.
Grandpa?

Wasn't mentioned...thank god. -_-

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:13 pm
I'm strange in the way that I like a lot of OCs.... Even Mary Sue characters are acceptable if the writing is good. So, yes, I've come accross a few CC/OC pairings that I just adored...  

RionaDaidouji

Skizzors
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:19 pm
Rio Ri
Skizzors
Rio Ri
Grandpa?
Wasn't mentioned...thank god. -_-
It would be interesting as part of a crack pairing.. xd  
The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out