Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Witches Weekly--Updated July 15th, seriously. -- old topic Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rosemary Girl

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 8:50 pm
What do you find most annoying about the Pagan Community?
Some people think because some christians hate all pagans, it gives them the right to hate all christians

Are there any specific symbols that are sacred to you or that you hold close to you?
pent

What's one thing that you think the Pagan Community needs?
I think it has everything it needs,
It just needs to learn how to use it  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 9:33 pm
What do you find most annoying about the Pagan Community?
The thing I find most annoying is the fact that so many pagans are so quick to snipe or lash out at others, whether of a Judeo-Christian religion or a pagan religion, if they are of different beliefs, or the always hated "fluff bunny". Whether we like them or not, there is no need to be little assclowns about it, even if the topic is about Silver Ravenwolf. blaugh

Are there any specific symbols that are sacred to you or that you hold close to you?
The pentacle, Thor's Hammer, the Eye of Horus, the runes.

What's one thing that you think the Pagan Community needs?
The Pagan Community absolutely needs more people who are willing to offer help in educating parents and teenagers. It's all fine and good to claim that only "adults" are able of learning and practicing magic, but that leaves teenagers up the proverbial creek without a paddle, and free to make a LOT of unnecessary mistakes - simply because someone was too high and mighty to help a teenager. In addition, we need more people who a teenager can go to and say, "Will you talk to my mom and dad and help me explain this to them?" When more people are educated about our Community, they will be more accepting of it.  

Bikky Maclean

maenad nuri
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 10:18 pm
This weeks questions are here and in the opening post

August 02, 2004
Seasons
What do you like most about the summer season?

How does weather affect your spirituality? Are you more active in
the summer with pagan activities or less? Do you meditate outside or inside
depending on weather?

What's your favorite summer ritual? (Lughnasadh, Midsummer, whatever you celebrate)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 10:29 pm
Nuri

The obvious benefit is that the days are longer! I also like being able to wake up in the sunlight. It brings up my mood for the day!

Nuri
How does weather affect your spirituality? Are you more active in the summer with pagan activities or less? Do you meditate outside or inside depending on weather?

I have the same spiritual activity in the summer as in any other season. The Coven I practice with has standard ritual times each month and gatherings each week, so I keep up all year 'round!

Nuri
What's your favorite summer ritual? (Lughnasadh, Midsummer, whatever you celebrate)

I guess I'm still stoked from the Lammas ritual we had last night, so it seems like the best! But each one seems my favorite as it occurs! razz  

Doctrix

Blessed Friend

Rosemary Girl

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 10:45 pm
Its winter here *australia* but hey,
I like winter best because its not so hot and you are not traped inside the house all day, and things appear to be a lot less stressed and relaxed

depending on weather?

Deffinatly more active beccause I go outside a lot more and can stand in the sun for more than ten minutes  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 10:49 pm
What do you like most about the summer season?:
I'm not much of a summer person... I generally think it's too hot and too sunny.

the summer with pagan activities or less? Do you meditate outside or inside depending on weather?:

Well, it doesn't really matter as much the season because holidays are every month apart. Most of the summer holidays are celebrated during the night. I meditate inside during the summer and winter, but during the spring and fall, I meditate outside where it is nice and cool.

What's your favorite summer ritual?: Aset Luminous  

Miza_Radioaktiv

Questionable Prophet

6,450 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Conversationalist 100

RelenaS

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 10:40 pm
Nuri

I like the freedom of being able to work on my magick, my faith, and my meditation without having to be concerned with the pressure of school responisbility. The summer is the time I use to study my Runes and Tarot and herbs and everything else, rememorizing some, as well as commiting to memory others.

Nuri
How does weather affect your spirituality? Are you more active in the summer with pagan activities or less? Do you meditate outside or inside depending on weather?

I meditate outside all the time, if I'm inside I feel to restricted, the good weather of summer helps me out there. The summer makes it easier for me to become more active because of reasons stated above, however I feel more connected to my faith in the fall and spring seasons more then summer.

Nuri

I like Summer Solstice the best. However my faith isn't "Ritual" baised, I celebrate the holidays with joy and energy and I like SS because it has good energy...if that makes sense...  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 1:30 am
Quote:

The chance to be outside, and not feel burdened by things like heavy coats and the like. It’s nice to be able to feel a warm breeze on your shoulders.

Quote:
the summer with pagan activities or less? Do you meditate outside or inside depending on weather?

This summer has been mostly rainy for me. I like rain. Especially right after it rains, when everything feels all crisp and happy. I’m not one for lavish rituals or formalities. I just like to appreciate the world I live in, and the gods that watch me.

Quote:

Lughnasadh, it means the coming of the fall and the harvest. But instead of hoping for a fruitful harvest, I hope for a life that is bountiful in friendship, family, and general merriment.

Making life a metaphor … one day at a time. heart  

Cloverina

maenad nuri
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 8:17 am
Seasons

Honestly, it's mostly the fact that I'm two hours closer to my boyfriend. Summer means I'm working a lot, not studying, and generally it's hot and dull. I like fall and spring better. The beginning and end of school.

depending on weather?

I've done the whole meditation outside thing. Eh. It's harder for me. I do it when I'm at events, and its nice, but I'm an inside Nuri. I prefer the dark room, rather than the sunlight, unless I'm reading. I'll spend hours either reading or fighting outside.

I have an annual bonfire. It began years ago, when I was first becoming Wiccan as a midsummers ritual, but has more turned into a gathering of people that I love dearly. And then we burn schoolpapers from the year. We burned a physics textbook once.

My favorite ritual I've done at summer was one I performed at music camp for Lughnasadh. Realizing that two of my friends there were also "Wiccan", I led ritual for us. It was a great little ritual that we did, on the fly. The irony was not lost that it was a Christian College that we were at for camp.

I haven't gone through a year, much less a 4-year cycle of the Athenian year. When I get through it, I can answer this better.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 8:50 am
Nuri

Quote:

The ability to run around half naked! blaugh

Quote:
the summer with pagan activities or less? Do you meditate outside or inside depending on weather?
It stays the same always. whee

Quote:
Ummm Midsummer! @.@

Yashouku

Ess

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 10:50 am
I enjoy all the free time... I get to see my love a lot. The weather here is also nice (I'm up north) so it's not too hot, not too cold. I love sitting up on my roof and watching the night sky. ^^

Uhh... I'm just as spiritual as any other day, I guess.

I don't heavily celebrate the Sabbats... but probably Midsummer.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 5:59 pm
Having more free time. although currently I have a LOT of free time because I am lazy and unemployed.

Honestly, I'm all about the indoors. Nature's nice and all that, but I can't stand bugs. In my area there's worry about west nile virus, so being outside isn't all that appealing. It's nice when it rains, though. But for the most part, I'm inside.

Ahahahahahaha. hah. I guess I'd say midsummer, but I really don't celebrate at all, to speak of. Nothing in the summer, at any rate. I don't have any realy need to do magic and any ritual I perform is likely to be spontaneous, so..yeah. plus, I can never remember when all those Wiccan holidays are, never had a real need to celebrate them.  

AvalonAuggie

4,050 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200

Elendraug

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 10:12 pm

It's easy to find flowers, and I can grow plants in my garden.

The warm weather is a welcome contrast to the cold, so I'm often outside riding my bike, walking, or just sitting in the sun and listening to the world around me. Having extra free time on my hands is also a plus.

I like Midsummer, because the equinoxes have always intrigued me.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 11:52 am
I like the warm weather that allows me to be without multiple layers of clothing, and I like being able to sit outside in the sun without worrying about pneumonia (I'm highly cold-sensitive).

I think the only way the weather really affects my spirituality is when it affects my moods - I have a harder time doing anything when I'm depressed, and murky or cold weather does that to me. I'm more active all around in the summer, and I am able to spend more time outdoors for activities, mediation, or just peace and quiet during the summer.

What's your favorite summer ritual?
Midsummer, though I was unfortunately unable to celebrate it this year. :S  

Bikky Maclean

maenad nuri
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 12:20 pm
New Questions!
August 07, 2004

What is one item that is sacred to you? (Can be anything, tool, amulet, object, etc)

What holidays or time of year do you consider most sacred to you personally?

Describe your sacred space (can be anywhere, indoors, outdoors, etc):

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces