Welcome to Gaia! ::

Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People

Back to Guilds

Reply Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People
How did you come to the country you are in now? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you live where your parents were born or did you move?
Where parents were born
22%
 22%  [ 9 ]
We moved
77%
 77%  [ 31 ]
Total Votes : 40

2DsGuitar

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 2:44 am
idk,my parents kept telling me different storys of where I was born>.<.first they said I was born on a plane when we left philipines and the next they said I was born in Charleston,SC(where I still live today) xp .but all I remember when I was born is dat I pissed on my bro's face rofl by accident of coarse,i think.i was such a little treasure mrgreen  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:31 am
My parents emigrated to Los Angeles after getting married in the Philippines back in 1984, I believe. Moved in an apartment that was near LA's Koreatown. Then just before I was born in '87, my parents moved again and bought a house in Duarte, a small LA county. My little sister would eventually be born four years later.  

Tahimek
Vice Captain

Dangerous Gaian

Rebirth Project

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:46 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. ninja User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

One more night , I wanna be with you
Where I wanna hold you tight...

Due to the war and pauvrety, my mom and my dad, who didn't meet each others yet, took a ship that would bring them to Canada, where it was a safer place for them. It was pretty dangerous during the travel since there was pirates near Thailand and India; if they were caught, men were killed and women were raped... Both of my parents were enough lucky to avoid that.

Sadly, my mother's sister couldn't be on the same ship than my mom's and that's why she arrived in the United States.

Back to my parents. So, they finally met and get married in the 1980's or something like that. They gave birth to my brother in 88 and mine in 91. We lived in Montreal for a long period of time before moving to Laval, a smaller city that is right above Montreal.

It feels so right
To
night

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:12 am
well we just moved to houston..... sweatdrop sweatdrop  

Shmily

militaryassailant

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:14 am
born in califorina  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:45 am
i was born in Caliifornia but my grandmother came on a ship from China when she was 13  

HannaBanana744

Chuckie Akenz

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:28 am
I was born in the U.S.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:37 pm
heart my parents were born in vietnam and then came to the us during the war. and i was born and raised in the us.  

lightthefire!

dark-bum

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:52 pm
bump dramallama  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:17 pm
My parents were from Asia but they moved here in America and I was born here.  

[J-Rocker]

~~choco~cooky~~

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:25 pm
Arimirah
~~choco~cooky~~
I was born in Australia. Mum&Dad met in Australia . . . yeah.

Australia...awesomee. whee I want to live there sobad.

Haha. Australia is cool. (A bit disadvantaged in some ways) On the coast, the beaches are sometimes warm D=  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 8:48 am
my dad move here in his mid-teens and my mom moved here in her early twenties. They hook up here and had me in oregon and then we moved to ky  

gotmycarfixed

[ . P R I N C E S S . ]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 9:55 am
umm... i was born here?!??  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 5:34 am
i'm 2nd generation refugee, so yeh i was born here. my parents and 3 oldest bro's came via boat to Australia after being in a refugee camp 3nodding 3nodding  

Lost_child01

=-Xiaobai-=

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:43 pm
i nv moved in to the country where i'm living now, which is singapore. my parents were born in here.  
Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff