Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply [The Pocky Shop]____Discussion Of Pre-Existing Creations (Anime/Manga/Books)
[Superman] slash possibilities? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How much does Brandon Routh look like Christopher Reeve?
  Spitting image
  A little, I guess
  Not at all!
View Results

LadyNox
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:34 pm
You should so read comics. They're not as lame as people make them out to be. Sure there are some things you let slide because they are comics after all but some stories, writers, are absolutely amazing. I think Marvel writes better superhero stories but if you really want you can pick up the Essentials for a certain Superhero/Superhero team. Those are anthologies/graphic novels of the really great stories.

You can also get comics that aren't about Superheros. For those I reccomend The Walking Dead, Sin City, 100 Bullets, and The Losers.

*coughs* Sorry, I'm a walking ad for comics. >.>

Aeronwyn
Superman/Batman? Eek! That's pretty weird. Batman doesn't really lend himself well to slash imo, or any pairing. He's just too... I dunno, messed up? Lol.

Yeah, it is a really weird pairing. But it's one of the more popular pairings out there. The other really popular Batman pair being d**k Greyson (the first Robin, who is now Nightwing). They're fandom's fun wangst pairing. I've seen a really great fic with the Green Lantern V (Kyle, not John if you've seen the cartoon) too and Wonder Woman/Batman if you like Het pairings. But fandom truly loves Bats/Supes and Bats/d**k. XD

lurkindarkness
Superman/Batman --- nargh, every super hero has "man" in their name!! (except the girls... they have woman)

Flash, Green Lantern, Ion, Manhunter, Jade, Ms. Marvel, Captain America, Black Panther, Black Canary, Oracle, Huntress... and I'm gonna stop now XDDDDDDD  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:57 pm
LadyNox
lurkindarkness
Superman/Batman --- nargh, every super hero has "man" in their name!! (except the girls... they have woman)

Flash, Green Lantern, Ion, Manhunter, Jade, Ms. Marvel, Captain America, Black Panther, Black Canary, Oracle, Huntress... and I'm gonna stop now XDDDDDDD
When the Jews return to Zion
and a comet fills the sky
the Holy Roman Empire rises
and you and I must die...

Iras ----

True, but they're not nearly as popular... Captain America, Green Lantern, and Flash are the only ones some people even know, and Flash is really the only popular one...

Plus, none of them got their own movie, unlike Batman, Spiderman, Superman, and Catwomen... there was the Fantastic Four and the Hulk otherwise, and some other guys have had movies... but nobody knows them since people seem to forget movies occured after 5 years pass

--- Your Lord and Master

From the eternal sea he rises
Creating armies on either shore
Turning man against his brother
Till man exists no more...

eduardo galpaleano

Liberal Ladykiller

9,400 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

LadyNox
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:58 pm
lurkindarkness
LadyNox
lurkindarkness

Iras ----

True, but they're not nearly as popular... Captain America, Green Lantern, and Flash are the only ones some people even know, and Flash is really the only popular one...

Plus, none of them got their own movie, unlike Batman, Spiderman, Superman, and Catwomen... there was the Fantastic Four and the Hulk otherwise, and some other guys have had movies... but nobody knows them since people seem to forget movies occured after 5 years pass

--- Your Lord and Master

No I know what you mean. I was just being a pain in the butt before. ^^; Don’t mind me.

Um... as for the movie. I think as long as the movie does well they’ll be remembered. Like Superman, Batman, and Spider-Man all had movies that do well. So people are gonna remember them. As opposed to movies for the Hulk and the Captain America that most people don’t even remember since they were both bad and old (well CA is an old movie). I’m trying really hard to forget those movies I like those characters. XD

If we really want to see a huge variety of cool heroes... we gotta hope for better directors and screenplays. Marvel and DC are all for making movies. I know that a Ghost Rider movie’s gonna come out soon (I think it shall bomb even though it has awesome special effects) and I keep hearing about a Nick Fury movie >.> I hope the movies do better than I expect. The rest of the world needs to see the virtually untouched trove of slash in comics. XD  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:14 am
LadyNox
You should so read comics. They're not as lame as people make them out to be. Sure there are some things you let slide because they are comics after all but some stories, writers, are absolutely amazing. I think Marvel writes better superhero stories but if you really want you can pick up the Essentials for a certain Superhero/Superhero team. Those are anthologies/graphic novels of the really great stories.

You can also get comics that aren't about Superheros. For those I reccomend The Walking Dead, Sin City, 100 Bullets, and The Losers.

*coughs* Sorry, I'm a walking ad for comics. >.>

Hmm... You're making me want to check some out now. I guess 'cos my only experience with comics has been, like, cheapo versions of the Beano (oooh and Simpsons comics, I forgot I used to buy them) I've never been that interested. There's a comic shop nearby that sells (obviously) comics and manga and stuff but I've always been too reticent to have a good look through the comics 'cos there's always loads of boys round them and lots of "women in catsuits" front covers. Lol.
- although last time I went I was more tempted than usual 'cos they had no BL manga! (Well, any of the ones I wanted.) I was gutted, it was the only reason I went. Lol.

LadyNox
The other really popular Batman pair being d**k Greyson (the first Robin, who is now Nightwing). They're fandom's fun wangst pairing. I've seen a really great fic with the Green Lantern V (Kyle, not John if you've seen the cartoon) too and Wonder Woman/Batman if you like Het pairings. But fandom truly loves Bats/Supes and Bats/d**k. XD

I must admit to having read my fair share of Batman/d**k after the last Batman film came out. But, I didn't really like it all that much, it had the bitter aftertaste of shota imo. confused Plus, I mean, he's kind of like a son to Batman...  

Aeronwyn

14,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Cheerleader 200

eduardo galpaleano

Liberal Ladykiller

9,400 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 2:24 am
LadyNox
lurkindarkness
LadyNox
lurkindarkness

Iras ----

--- Your Lord and Master

No I know what you mean. I was just being a pain in the butt before. ^^; Don’t mind me.

Um... as for the movie. I think as long as the movie does well they’ll be remembered. Like Superman, Batman, and Spider-Man all had movies that do well. So people are gonna remember them. As opposed to movies for the Hulk and the Captain America that most people don’t even remember since they were both bad and old (well CA is an old movie). I’m trying really hard to forget those movies I like those characters. XD

If we really want to see a huge variety of cool heroes... we gotta hope for better directors and screenplays. Marvel and DC are all for making movies. I know that a Ghost Rider movie’s gonna come out soon (I think it shall bomb even though it has awesome special effects) and I keep hearing about a Nick Fury movie >.> I hope the movies do better than I expect. The rest of the world needs to see the virtually untouched trove of slash in comics. XD

Iras ----
Mmm... do you think they'll ever make live-action Teen Titans? That one was sort of late on the cartoon world
--- Your Lord and Master

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:17 pm
@ Aeronwyn- If you’re iffy you can dl comics online and see if you like them. Just google comic tracker. I believe that’s what they’re called. You should be able to get them that way. Not everything out there is online but a lot of good stuff is.

As for Bats/d**k leaving a shota-taste.... I do agree. It’s why I’ve never been a real big fan of the pairing even now that d**k is an adult. It’s just... weird XD He raised him. They’re more or less family. A crazy a** family, but a family nonetheless.

@ lurkindarkness– I haven’t heard anything about a Teen Titans movie. And I would so love if they made one. A good one. I’m always afraid they’ll turn into a crappy teen movie with Superheroes. That would be so very bad. But I still want one.

Tim/Kon/Bart <3 <3 <3  

LadyNox
Vice Captain

eduardo galpaleano

Liberal Ladykiller

9,400 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 8:04 pm
LadyNox
@ lurkindarkness– I haven’t heard anything about a Teen Titans movie. And I would so love if they made one. A good one. I’m always afraid they’ll turn into a crappy teen movie with Superheroes. That would be so very bad. But I still want one.

Tim/Kon/Bart <3 <3 <3

Iras ----
I hope they make one, but omg, if it is an annoying teen movie I will kill people... they will probably fill it to the brim with love triangles: Robin/Starfire and Beastboy/Raven, with Terra coming into the picture, and then the Robin/Raven scenarios occuring, and then they'll throw in a few of the titans who weren't in the cartoon who also fit into the love cycle...

Margh, offtopic... Hmm... something Superman-y to say...

Who here owns one of the 10,000 Superman logo shirts in existence?

--- Your Lord and Master

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:49 am
Quick Question: Anyone here heard of Kon (I think he's Superboy...) I haven't read the comics in a long time, but wasn't he a result of Superman's and Lex's DNA or something? (or so I've heard... correct me if I'm wrong *please* or this may get embarrassing sweatdrop ) Cause if he was, then that would make him... their lovechild? eek

On another note (nothing to do with Superman, but still DC related,) I was a rather big fan of Nightwing (first Robin) and Arsenal (Speedy!!!)  

-Dancing Deathscythes-

eduardo galpaleano

Liberal Ladykiller

9,400 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 5:50 am
-Dancing Deathscythes-
Quick Question: Anyone here heard of Kon (I think he's Superboy...) I haven't read the comics in a long time, but wasn't he a result of Superman's and Lex's DNA or something? (or so I've heard... correct me if I'm wrong *please* or this may get embarrassing sweatdrop ) Cause if he was, then that would make him... their lovechild? eek

On another note (nothing to do with Superman, but still DC related,) I was a rather big fan of Nightwing (first Robin) and Arsenal (Speedy!!!)

Wikipedia
Superboy (also known as Conner Kent or Kon-El) is a fictional superhero in the DC Comics Universe. He is a clone of Superman and his archnemesis Lex Luthor, and a modern update of the original Superboy, who is a younger version of Superman.

Superboy's origins start with Project: Superman, which is the Superman cloning project originally intended to thwart the Man of Steel. Due to the inability to replicate Kryptonian DNA, the clones' bodies degenerate after a short period of time.[1] Upon Superman's death[2], the project is reinstated in conjunction with Lex Luthor and Cadmus Labs, this time, to replace the fallen hero. Human DNA, originally thought to be that of Director Paul Westfield, is used to stabilize the Kryptonian DNA and the result: Superboy, the first successful clone of Superman.

*whistles* That is interesting...

ninja burning_eyes

[The Pocky Shop]____Discussion Of Pre-Existing Creations (Anime/Manga/Books)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games