Emo vs. The World Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MortSanglant

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:44 pm
No comment.

Unless you want an extremely dickish answer.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 8:39 pm
Well, say something at the begin of you post to say you know its going to be dickish, and that the readers should be warned, then they can't flame you without being retards.

Also, I know Emo is not Emotional, I use it alot around my friends, particularly a few who are extremely prejudice against "Emo's". Between them and a bunch of other idiots, its easier to use something like that to shut up most people, and I mean the ones who are far to stupid to talk to. The ones who would understand, I would put in the effort to work with. Force of habit from them using it, and me using it. Long story to justify it, and I don't want to write starting early grade 9 for me. (2 years ago)  

Dorian Requiem

RaynieDays

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:08 pm
MortSanglant
No comment.

Unless you want an extremely dickish answer.

I think you should say your comment. By making a topic such as this, they are asking for positive and negative remarks.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:13 pm
Hmm. Well I may try to soften it a little.

So let's see.

"Why does the world hate emos?"

This question is very easily answered: because the majority of them are attention whores.

*Note* "Majority" I didn't say all. I've known people who identify themselves with the "emo" culture and they aren't attention whores. But for the most part they are.

And NO ONE likes an attention whore. Lie to yourself all you want to make them feel better about themselves, but you know it's true.

Plus they are pretty much ALL the same.

I shall now recite to you the Recipe for Emo, ahem:

1. hair dyed black and cut into a very choppy do that's traditionally styled to the max (teased, moussed, geled)
2. tight thrift shop shirts that came from the kiddie section and say stupid things like "I learned to read at Bellview Elementary School"
3. Boys - girl pants. Girls - pretty much any pair of jeans
4. Chuck Taylors - now in any colour! But you should run over them with your bike a bit first, to make sure they don't look new. you have to look like you've been in the scene for a while. Oh and try wearing two different colours at the same time. be sure to doodle all over them as well.
5. Don't forget the signature black rimmed glasses.
6. Gauge your ears
7. snake bites too.
8. don't forget a nautical star tattoo.
9. lots of black eyeliner and black nail polish - for both sexes.
10. tons of stupid armbands
11. And any picture you post online, make sure it's from some ridiculous angle and always looking "mysterious"

(I wrote that myself by the way - I could be an emo chef)

That's the gist of it. They all think they are so original too. I don't think the site exists anymore, but there was a site called artfags.org. Basically it had gobs upon gobs upon gobs of pictures of emo kids who all think they are being original with their style and you look at these pictures and they ALL LOOK THE SAME! It's so funny.

Another reason people hate emos is that the music they listen to SUCKS!

Okay, I have three emo bands under my belt: Bright Eyes, Cursive, and The GetUp Kids. I listened to them way back before this emo explosion. And back when bands associated with this genre had talent.

The bands now - Hawthorne Heights, Yellowcard, Taking Back Sunday, Panic! At the Disco, Fall Out Boy, and all these other whiney b***h bands with their talentless instrumentals make me sick (and everyone else who hates emos). They all sound the same.

Oh, my favourite is Hawthorne Heights though. The singer. Gosh he sucks at life. He can't even play the guitar. And the guy who does their screaming? What is that? That's terrible! He's not even saying anything!

Okay enough on that rant.

The point is, they are attention whores who all look the same, but think they are original, and listen to crap for music.

I'll leave you with this link:

It says it all

MortSanglant

Dorian Requiem

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:04 am
Haha, I love the song on the sight, I have it on my computer and a few burnt C.D.s. Most of those things are pretty much what the 'Emo's' I know look like. Though they usually do highlights in their hair that are purple, blue, pink, or a combination. The 'Emo's' I know are usually bi-polar, but thankfully not attention greedy(the ones I like atleast) I do like the fashion, oddly. Yes, Hawthorn heights makes the 'Emo' scene... well Hawthorn heights is a pretty sad thing all by itself.

Ok, now think about it, 'Punk' was a debunking trend or somesuch in the 80's. But it became somewhat popular and it was 'cool' to be 'Punk'. At which point 'Goth' was becoming the new 'Punk', asin debunking, but it was also just a style of life. Now with 'Emo', its just about the genre of music, AND being emotional (for the new 'Emo's' who don't know what its about), (flame if you will, but you can't say its not part of the trend) the thing is punks were considered bad people, still kinda are, but their usually pretty cool, especially the true ones, and also the ones that are just being different. Goth went through its pursicution and trendy stages aswell. (still kinda is)

Emo is the new alternative 'thing' it will be judged and ridiculed, and considered the new 'it' thing for some time, then in a decade, something new with take its place. Howmany people still try to insult Punks, a hell of a lot less then those against 'Emo's'. Goths have definatly been pursicuted less and less (though still a fair bit) over the last few years. As long as no more Hawthorn Heights things happen, a few years from now, the wannabes will fade out and it will be respected as a subculture, and the new thing will be 'against the world'  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:08 am
I dislike emos, I don't know why. Mainly because it seems like a bunch of spoiled preppy kids don't get enough attention so they go to Hot Topic, buy out the store, and when that's not enough, they cut themselves. I ******** hate people that cut themselves, I'm sorry. It's just stupid. And their music is annoying. Ok, there are a few "emo" bands with one or two alright songs, but mostly to me they all sound the same. No creativity, no nothing, just.."Oh poor me, school sucks, my parents grounded me..wah.." It's like grow the ******** up you thirteen year old. Sorry. That was my rant first thing in the morning.  

KoRnfucius

MortSanglant

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 4:56 am
KoRnfucius
I dislike emos, I don't know why. Mainly because it seems like a bunch of spoiled preppy kids don't get enough attention so they go to Hot Topic, buy out the store, and when that's not enough, they cut themselves. I ******** hate people that cut themselves, I'm sorry. It's just stupid. And their music is annoying. Ok, there are a few "emo" bands with one or two alright songs, but mostly to me they all sound the same. No creativity, no nothing, just.."Oh poor me, school sucks, my parents grounded me..wah.." It's like grow the ******** up you thirteen year old. Sorry. That was my rant first thing in the morning.

Amen.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:27 pm
i feel a rant comming on here:
(warning i swear...not for sensitive eyes..or people)

i hate them because i live with one
my brohter is the biggest scene whore on this planet
complains about how his life sucks and how no one understands him
he cant talk to my mother normally and just screams at her then demands she give him money
he gives everyone this attitude that no one ever deserves
its emo music mixed with angst emo sub culter mixed with angst EMO AND ANGST!
i hate both and i hate him he has no respect for anyone and is always always ALWAYS crying about somehting
he got everything as a child he was raised with love and care and he treats everyone like s**t hes a spoiled brat who thinks the world is out to get him and how no one loves him

and it's not just him that makes me hate emo
i've encountered many many many of these..."things" and they're all the samewith there whining and bitching and complaints about how no one loves them or how they were abused as a kid you can't hide behind abuse because more than half the population in this world are abused and are still being abused so they can take a 40 ft pole and shove it up there a$$ for all i care
the music sucks it's a bunch of middle aged guys crying about there life blaming others for there problem STOP BLAMING OTHERS AND TAKE THE DAMN RESPONSIBILTY, AND YOU WONDER WHY EVERYONE HATES YOU!
the style sucks fix your ******** hair you douche and stop wearing this cheap a** 2 second makeup you look worse than a circus clown!
the attitude sucks, half the time it's a self pity act a cry for attention, the other time it's this holier than thou "tude" that makes me sick to my stomache.

i apologize for my lack of punctuation and possible spelling mistakes.

thats my reason for hating emos

...you were warned

xX x0mbie Xx

Dorian Requiem

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 4:52 pm
I still think, give it up to a decade, and who ever is left, won't be nearly as bad if even. I know plenty of scene, holier then thou, people and their not 'Emo', but god, I do want to kill them and the few 'Emos' like that.

What do you think the future holds in store for the 'Emo' scene/trend?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 5:50 pm
o.O Y u k i O.o

he cant talk to my mother normally and just screams at her then demands she give him money
i hate both and i hate him he has no respect for anyone and is always always ALWAYS crying about somehting
he got everything as a child he was raised with love and care and he treats everyone like s**t hes a spoiled brat who thinks the world is out to get him and how no one loves him

i've encountered many many many of these..."things" and they're all the samewith there whining and bitching and complaints about how no one loves them or how they were abused as a kid you can't hide behind abuse because more than half the population in this world are abused and are still being abused so they can take a 40 ft pole and shove it up there a$$ for all i care
the music sucks it's a bunch of middle aged guys crying about there life blaming others for there problem STOP BLAMING OTHERS AND TAKE THE DAMN RESPONSIBILTY, AND YOU WONDER WHY EVERYONE HATES YOU!
the style sucks fix your ******** hair you douche and stop wearing this cheap a** 2 second makeup you look worse than a circus clown!
the attitude sucks, half the time it's a self pity act a cry for attention, the other time it's this holier than thou "tude" that makes me sick to my stomache.

...you were warned

OMFG. My brother is the BIGGESTER emo than you. Meaning he's a bigger emo than your more-emo-than-thou brother. I could go on and b***h about him, but, HE DOESN'T EVEN LISTEN TO EMO MUSIC!! He bleeds fromt el nose (when enough stress is applied) so that's his cutting. Thing. He curses in front of my mom and sister (called me a b***h and asked WTF) and stuff. Gaud. He's annoying. He's a whiner. So, I dislike him. All of his little friends are emo as well (meaning they're whiny, spoiled, bitches). *sigh* what is this world COMING TO?!  

Nazo no Kanjojin

xX x0mbie Xx

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:58 pm
Okami_Sensei
o.O Y u k i O.o

...you were warned

OMFG. My brother is the BIGGESTER emo than you. Meaning he's a bigger emo than your more-emo-than-thou brother. I could go on and b***h about him, but, HE DOESN'T EVEN LISTEN TO EMO MUSIC!! He bleeds fromt el nose (when enough stress is applied) so that's his cutting. Thing. He curses in front of my mom and sister (called me a b***h and asked WTF) and stuff. Gaud. He's annoying. He's a whiner. So, I dislike him. All of his little friends are emo as well (meaning they're whiny, spoiled, bitches). *sigh* what is this world COMING TO?!

ooo that must suck
but yeah it doesnt help that my bro spends all his money on his drugs O_O and shite and he gets nosebleeds pretyy bad too o.0 so i can understand but whatever there all the same to me anyways

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 5:29 pm
All I can say is that when I posted this topic. I expected alot more negative income. I'm very proud of all of you for not seeming so hateful towards other groups. It's not the emo's you hate, it's the emo-posers. I get it now. thanks for the clarification! wink  

Ramen_House

kyos sexy girlfriend

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 5:32 pm
~I love emo people>.<~  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 5:40 pm
KoRnfucius

~ Jesus christ, thats the only reason why i love emo people, it make me and my friends laugh our a** off, i have this preppy friend well used to and everyone liked her because she was so pretty and she's a model rolleyes anyways she's emo because she says her mother doesn't buy her enough stuff, dude her mother wastes like millions of dollars for she can be beautiful and all those pictures they had taken in the stuido in miami and s**t...its funny watching her cry just to get attention whee because she so good at it~  

kyos sexy girlfriend

MortSanglant

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 8:44 pm
kyos sexy girlfriend
KoRnfucius

~ Jesus christ, thats the only reason why i love emo people, it make me and my friends laugh our a** off, i have this preppy friend well used to and everyone liked her because she was so pretty and she's a model rolleyes anyways she's emo because she says her mother doesn't buy her enough stuff, dude her mother wastes like millions of dollars for she can be beautiful and all those pictures they had taken in the stuido in miami and s**t...its funny watching her cry just to get attention whee because she so good at it~

So, let me get this straight, you love emo people because of how stupid they are?

~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff