Reply Boldly Go - A Star Trek Guild
Imagine "your" perfect ship.... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Naphatarie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:21 pm
The original Enterprise. I'd like a holodeck and a book shelf on the bridge for all my books. And its new name is the Uss Wilde (after the writer)  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:46 pm
Naphatarie
The original Enterprise. I'd like a holodeck and a book shelf on the bridge for all my books. And its new name is the Uss Wilde (after the writer)

By "original" Enterprise, you could mean the sailing ship, the space shuttle,
the NX one, the Constitution-class one.

I'm guessing you mean the one from the original series,
NCC-1701, a Constitution-class ship.
Is that right?  

Steel Sterling
Captain

Brilliant Saint

18,265 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Team Jacob 100

Naphatarie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:57 pm
Steel Sterling
Naphatarie

By "original" Enterprise, you could mean the sailing ship, the space shuttle,
the NX one, the Constitution-class one.

I'm guessing you mean the one from the original series,
NCC-1701, a Constitution-class ship.
Is that right?
yup! ^_^  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:54 am
What Trek era would it be? TNG
What ship's class would you use?
User Image
(soveren class... i think)
What would its primary missions include? (What do you do with it? Remember
that you need to work WITH the class...) battles and signning treadys
What changes would you have made to the ship? advanced weponry
Most importantly,
what will you name this ship? U.S.S. Grim Ripper

StarkT2K

5,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Autobiographer 200

Steel Sterling
Captain

Brilliant Saint

18,265 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:18 pm
OK, here's another concept.

We know Starfleet's cleverly put a bunch of Defiant-class ships into
production, since we saw a bunch together at the end of the Voyager
series.

So, they're smart enough to make these parts-efficient machines.
Which means they can spare one...

Concept: fast courier for VIPs.
This ship will act as a transport for small numbers of personnel who need
to get places fairly quickly. Generally, that may mean a VIP or
flag officer and staff. This class of ship has oversized engines to begin
with, so is well-suited for zooming along. Given the ship's small size,
less than a dozen personnel would be practical to carry, and they won't
be travelling in luxury-but they WILL travel fast. (Only Intrepid-class and
Sovereign-class would be significantly faster, and those are MUCH bigger
ships.) We've seen VIPs travelling in an Oberth-class ship, which require
a LOT more personnell, a LOT more resources, and travel a LOT slower.
This ship is superior for efficient transport, if not as luxurious.

Modifications.
This ship doesn't have room for many. One set of barracks will be
designated for personnel transport, maybe dressed up a little.
There's 4 phaser cannons pointing forward, standard. In this case, 2
will be removed. The ship will still do a lot of damage if firing, but the
fewer cannons lowers the stress on the warp engines (which are tapped
for the cannons), allowing the ship to devote more resources to
sustaining high rates of warp-drive. It's not primarily a warship.

So, there's few changes to be made.

I call this ship, the USS Swift!  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 12:25 am
My perfect ship would be a battleship designed to go in with a small fleet of support ships to kick some arse. The ship would have the same star fleet configuration with a saucer section, engineering section and two warp nacels. It would be about twice the mass of a galaxy class star ship, 2 power cores, advanced phasers and torpedoes. It would also have a weapons platform like the nova class that could be exchanged or modified depending on the mission and/or enemy. One configuration would include large runabout sized torpedoes that have shields and the yield the explosive power of a runabout sized warp core. It would also have additional photon torpedo tubes and phaser arrays. Within its hangar bay it would have multiple "gunboats" that would have the singular mission of launching before a battle, launch repeated volleys of torpedoes at a target and then either quickly return to the ship or warp out of the area to a safe vantage point. The ship itself would have the mass of two galaxy class starship but would actually have much of that mass taken up by unpressurized, non-living space to save energy. This space would contain things like extra thick and multiple hull layers, ablative armor, extra defector arrays, thicker and better insulated power conduits, multipurpose spaces that can be pressurized to contain personnel and equipment (such as extra storage for weapons, ammunition, power/antimatter pods, medical facilities, science facilities, living facilities, etc.

Basically it would be a ship that would go in, dump an unbelievable amount of weapons firepower on to an enemy and wipe whatever it is out of existence.

I realize that no military would put so many resources in to a single ship. As the payoff and return is not there. You can build many ships with a diverse set of configurations to come together to perform the same function. Thus, the battle fleet is used. This is just my idea of a no holds barred ship.

Maybe this ship could be used as a star base when not need for battle. In fact, it might make sense to send ships like these out to remote areas to act as star bases instead of sending raw materials or extracting raw materials from localized areas and make a star base from scratch. They would be self-sufficient and would serve a long term presence until needed.

I would call it the U.S.S. Goliath or something to express its size and power.  

sensei_ken

Admiral Smort

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:15 pm
I'd choose the larges combat ship, fitted with holo-immiters on the hull, paint it with bright 80's/90's flourecent colours and flames on the nacels.
Have it named NCC 1337 :Flazle-Drazzle (Pronounced: Flah-zz-ill Drah-zz-ill)
The missions would to go forthi, make first contact by dropingn out of warp right over a major city (Replace the landing struts with huge speakers)
Deploy the Speakr-Struts and blast crazy techno-rave music, activate the holo-imaging devices to make the whole hemosphere dark and have crazy disco lights and cover it all with the sound of that crazy music. and do many other crazy things that will amaze, and confuse the inhabitants of the planet.

We will then beam down billions of replicated copies of the people on the planet. But since they're replicated, they'd be dead, so we'd have electro-implantsw in them to shock the nerves and make them move, to dance, scare people, and possible mal-function causing massive blockages in their roads and sewer systems.
Then we'd beam down replicated holo-imagers to continue this insane program we started when we droped out of warp, and leave it there for centuries to come.

p.s. We'd also have spinners installed on the ship's disk.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 1:52 am
Sensei Ken,
my main problem with your ship is that it doesn't match the initial
limitations- it's not based on modifying an EXISTING spaceframe,
it requires an entirely different design from the beginning.

The idea of a huge ship is not impossible. However, I think the current
biggest ships might be the Akira-class, which are the carriers for
fighters, and torpedo-launching platform. However, they're a LOT smaller
than what you want.  

Steel Sterling
Captain

Brilliant Saint

18,265 Points
  • Team Jacob 100

-[.Moo.]-

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:20 am
---_---_---_---_

Era: VOY
Class: Prometheus
Missions: Tactical, Exploration and Diplomatic (in the 'high-risk' diplomatic levels)
Changes: I'd kit out the conference rooms with more... Fancy things, I'd have another sickbay (they always seem to become overloaded), and I'd have state of the art transporters (aka, MEGA AWESOMEFUL) put in.

Name: USS Arolilia

The name was something I saw in my 1900-1922 poetry book.
My ship would be for well seasoned crew members on important missions, not always dangerous, but things that need many good minds in tactical, diplomatic and scientific areas. The quarters would be excellent, as my crew will need their rest. There will be a chef, like Neelix, to promote... Good spirits? So everyone can get to know their crewmates, which is essential in times of crisis.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

_---_---_---_---

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:44 pm
Interesting topic. How did I missed it?
Oh, yeah, by not coming to the guild in a loooooong time. xd

I will need help with this because I don't own any technical manual for this class so I can't remember all specifications...

Era: DS9/Voyager
Class: Intrepid (It looks like the only balanced ship as it seems it was build as a general purpose ship)
Mission: Diplomatic / Transport for court personnel / Courtroom
(What did you expected from me? It was that or deep space exploration razz )

Changes: Like I said, I'll need help... What I need is an established courtroom space, an average and a big conference room, and a big space for parties (I find Neelix kitchen a bit too dingy and small for proper diplomatic gatherings).

And I need to think about personnel...  

Maddy
Crew

Beloved Lunatic

19,050 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25

Steel Sterling
Captain

Brilliant Saint

18,265 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:51 am
That's interesting.
Nobody ever made a JAG-specific ship before, AFAIK.

I'll get back to you with some stuff.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:52 pm
Ok, the Intrepid class, let's see...

"When first commissioned the Intrepid-class featured many innovations then becoming available, not least being the warp core design and variable-geometry pylons that reduced damage to subspace and allowing for relatively safe travel beyond warp 5. The class was also the first to incorporate bioneural gel packs and the Emergency Medical Hologram system. (VOY: "Relativity")

Capabilities upon introduction were equally impressive. The class boasted the highest top speed of any Starfleet vessel. Its multi-mission design was backed up by a main computer processor capable of simultaneously accessing 47 million data channels and sustaining 575 trillion calculations per nanosecond."

Following the Starfleet standard, Deck 1 is reserved for the Main Bridge, with the briefing room and captain's ready room located to port and starboard sides of the bridge. Located in the front section of Deck 2 is the crew's mess hall, served by three windows that offer a spectacular view of space in front of the vessel. One deck below, located in the front section of Deck 3, are the quarters of the starship's commanding officer, served by five windows. Further down the primary hull is the diamond-shaped primary sensor array, immediately beneath which is the secondary navigational deflector dish. (citation needed - edit)The dorsal saucer section is covered by four phaser arrays, two of which extend from the aft curvature, along the length of the saucer and stop short of the auxiliary deflector incision. The aft firing arc is covered by two smaller arrays, angled on the rear of the saucer section. The relative bottom of the ship is protected by two similar arrays as on the dorsal saucer section, extending to the rear of the saucer and following the curve to the auxiliary deflector incision."

"Further aft, the main navigational deflector dish is found at the foreside of the Intrepid class' secondary hull. Located right above the deflector is the forward photon torpedo launcher. On the underside of the secondary hull are located three sets of plates that support the warp propulsion system. The forward plate covers the reserve intermix chamber; the middle plate contains the antimatter loading port, a large magnetic valve that keeps the antimatter from coming in contact with matter during the transfer to the storage pods; and the aft cover plate contains the operational intermix chamber hatch, for ejecting the warp core in case of emergency."
"

"Being one of the few Starfleet starship classes capable of atmospheric entry and planetary landing, the Intrepid-class starship is equipped with antigravity generators as well as impulse and lifters strategically placed at the mass and stress points on the bottom portion of the secondary hull. Prior to and during landing or takeoff procedures, the vessel typically goes to Blue Alert, indicating to the crew they are to assume their code-blue stations."

"The Main Bridge of the Intrepid-class starship is ovoid and serves as the nerve center of the vessel. At the bridge's rear is a large bank of consoles and data readout screens. Center of that area is the Master Systems Display; control consoles flank it on both sides. Starboard of the information center, past the starboard side turbolift, is the station of the chief tactical officer. This area is maintained mostly for internal security and combat situations. Other systems that may be commanded by Tactical include long- and short-range sensor arrays, sensor probes, message buoys, and tractor beams. An identical station is found on the other side of the bridge, where the operations console is found. This panel presents the operations officer with a continually updated list of current major shipboard activities. This list permits Ops to set priorities and allocate resources among current operations. This is especially critical when two or more requests require the use of the same equipment, entail mutually exclusive mission profiles, or involve some unusual safety or tactical considerations.

Section of the Intrepid-class:
Forward of the upper ship operations areas are doorways to the briefing room at one side and the captain's ready room at the other. Here, the commanding officer can engage in administrative work with all relevant office equipment at hand without interfering with bridge operations. Also, this room is usually the preferred place where the captain can hold private discussions and/or receive classified communications. Aboard the Intrepid-class starship, the work desk is the focal point of the ready room, located ahead of the main entrance door. A raised level in the forward section of the room features a small table, a curved couch, and a replicator. The wall behind the couch features three windows looking toward the bow of the vessel. Compared with the much larger Galaxy-class starship, the Intrepid-class curiously has a more spacious, luxurious ready room."

"In the center of the Intrepid class' bridge is the command area. Here, seating is provided for the vessel's commanding officer and his or her first officer, seated to the captain's left. Between these chairs is a miniaturized status display. Using keyboard or vocal commands, the commanding officer can use these controls to override the basic operation of the starship. Directly aft of this area, integrated in the handrail encircling the aft section of the central command area, is another command console that can be operated to perform more bridge duties. (citation needed - edit)Directly forward of and two steps lower than the central command area is the Conn station. From here, the flight control officer serves as helmsman and navigator for the starship. Despite many of these functions being heavily automated, their critical nature demands a humanoid officer to oversee these operations at all times. During spaceflight at impulse, Conn must monitor relativistic effects as well as inertial damping system status. When the ship is traveling at warp speed, Conn must monitor the subspace field geometry in parallel with the Engineering department. During warp flight, the Conn console continually updates long-range sensor data and makes automatic course corrections to adjust for minor variations in the density of the interstellar medium."

"To the Conn's right sits the chief engineer. Though the position is far better served in Main Engineering, situations arise where the engineer's presence is needed on the bridge. The console allows complete control over all engineering systems. Directly opposite sits the chief science officer in a similar console."

Main Engineering aboard an Intrepid-class starship is located on Deck 11. The room is constructed around the matter-antimatter reaction assembly (also known simply as warp core), featuring two levels. In front of the warp core is a large monitoring area on the lower engineering level. Also located on this level is the chief engineer's office and an open work area for special projects or situational analysis. A second tier rings the upper level of Main Engineering. A small, single-person elevator, as well as a ladder on the opposite side, provide access to this catwalk. (VOY: "Caretaker")

The main Impulse engines on an Intrepid-class starship are located on the aft end of the pylons leading to the warp nacelles. Intrepid-class starships are also equipped with auxiliary impulse reactor."

"The Intrepid-class utilizes the Type-10 phaser array system. The dorsal saucer section is covered by four phaser arrays, two of which extend from the aft curvature, along the length of the saucer and stop short of the auxiliary deflector incision. The aft firing arc is covered by two smaller arrays, angled on the rear of the saucer section. The relative bottom of the ship is protected by two similar arrays as on the dorsal saucer section, extending to the rear of the saucer and following the curve to the auxiliary deflector incision. )More protection is provided by an array that extends across the ventral engineering hull just fore of the warp core ejection port. Far-aft strips are provided on the underside of the mobile nacelle pylons and under the shuttlebay landing deck on the underside of the ship for a total ship's complement of 13 arrays."

"The Intrepid class houses five standard torpedo launchers (two fore, two aft, and one on the base of the engineering hull ), loaded with Type 6 Mark XXV photon torpedos, capable of pattern firing as well as independent launch. The Intrepid-class starship can carry a maximum of 55 torpedo casings."

"The Intrepid class' deflector shield is a symmetrical, oscillating subspace graviton field. During combat, the shield sends data on what type of weapon is being used on it and what frequency and phase the weapon uses. Once the tactical officer analyzes these data, the shield can be configured to have the same frequency as the incoming weapon – but different nutation. This tactic dramatically increases shield efficiency. There are a total of 14 shield grids on the Intrepid class."

Each Intrepid-class tractor beam emitter is directly mounted to the primary members of the vessel's framework. The forward emitter is located on the underside of the secondary hull under the main Deflector dish. The second emitter is located at the aft end of the secondary hull in the aft section of Deck 14."

"There is one large sickbay facility located on Deck 5, equipped with an intensive-care unit (ICU), biohazard support, critical care, a morgue, the chief medical officer's office, a load-out of three standard biobeds and one surgical bed in the main ward, and a small medical laboratory. The standard medical staff consists of a doctor and a nurse, supplemented by the Emergency Medical Hologram, the Intrepid class being one of the first to be equipped with this new medical technology. (VOY: "Tuvix")

Three biobeds line the walls of sickbay's ICU; these are for patients receiving medical care and are equipped with biofunction monitors. Located in the corner of the main ward is a surgical bed, where major surgeries are performed and critical patients are treated. A large, sophisticated sensor cluster is installed in the ceiling directly above this bed. Working with a medical tricorder, the sensor suite can give detailed information about a patient's condition. The bed is also designed to use a surgical support frame. The small area that the surgical bed is located in can be isolated by a force field. If necessary, surgery could be conducted in the intensive care ward if there were an overflow of patients or if another patient is present to donate blood. (VOY: "Phage", "Latent Image")

Located in the center of the sickbay facility is the chief medical officer's office. Here, the CMO is provided with an area to work in privacy or conduct meetings with patients, staff, and others. Its proximity allows the CMO to be present in sickbay practically immediately. Located behind this office is a small medical laboratory facility. The medical staff or other associated personnel can monitor experiments or run tests here during ther duty shift. Just off the medical lab is located a tiny area for storage of the deceased."

"There are two medium-sized holodecks aboard the ship. Located on Deck 6, these holodecks are proprietary Federation technology and can comfortably support up to 15 people at a time. The Intrepid class' holodecks were of a next generation of holographic technology, even further advanced than those applied on board Starfleet vessels during the 2360s, being able to impersonate matter even at the molecular level. (VOY: "Phage")

On the Intrepid-class vessels, the mess hall is on Deck 2, Section 13. Some ships were equipped with four food replicators, with a private captain's dining room just behind the mess hall. This dining room could be reconfigured to serve as a kitchen, as done by Neelix aboard the USS Voyager. The USS Bellerophon's mess hall was also fitted in this manner. (VOY: "Phage"; DS9: "Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges")

The mess hall is usually host to many social gatherings, including diplomatic affairs, birthday parties, and holiday celebrations. The mess hall can also serve as a makeshift sickbay whenever that facility is disabled or otherwise overwhelmed. (VOY: "Someone to Watch Over Me", "Latent Image", "Macrocosm", "Homestead", "Before and After", and more)

A crew's lounge is located in the far aft section of the vessel's secondary hull, providing a view of space aft of the Intrepid-class starship."
The Intrepid-class also has a gymnasium."

"All crew and officers' quarters (except the captain's quarters on Deck 3) are located on decks 2, 4, 8, 9, and 13, with special variable environment quarters on Deck 11 for crew with special comforts. Although the Intrepid class is highly advanced, the quarters in general are smaller than those of other vessel classes because of its smaller dimensions."

"Standard crew quarters:
These small quarters units are located within the primary hull and lack windows. They include a living area, a bedroom, and a bathroom. Crewmembers of lieutenant junior grade are given their own quarters; ensigns and crewmen are required to share their quarters (except for senior officers; Ensign Kim had his own quarters). The living area contains a replicator terminal and is customizable with a variety of furniture and decorations."

"Officers' quarters
These quarters line the edge of the saucer section and contain a living area, a bedroom, and a bathroom area. They are generally reserved for those of ranking lieutenant or higher. Members of the senior staff are typically assigned quarters featuring a pair of larger, wider windows."

"Captain's quarters
The captain's quarters, located on Deck 3, are similar to the officers' quarters but are slightly larger. The captain has a large desk area and work terminal. His or her quarters feature five windows (below the Navigation Lamp), which offer an excellent view of space in front of the vessel; the captain's quarters are positioned below the mess hall."

"The Intrepid class' transporter facilities are located on Deck 4. In case of emergencies, injured personnel can be directly transported to sickbay from anywhere in transporter range, including inside the ship."

"Located in the aft dorsal portion of the secondary hull, the main shuttlebay is the primary port for entrance and egress, as well as management of auxiliary craft and shuttles. The main shuttlebay is managed by a team of pilots, engineers and technicians, and operations personnel that are based on the flight operations office under the supervision of the flight control officer. (citation needed - edit)Inward from the main shuttlebay is a secondary storage/maintenance area behind huge inner airlock doors. This secondary area is almost as large as the main shuttlebay and is commonly referred to as Shuttlebay 2."  

Steel Sterling
Captain

Brilliant Saint

18,265 Points
  • Team Jacob 100

Maddy
Crew

Beloved Lunatic

19,050 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:32 pm
Interesting.

The fact that sickbay already has a designated place for a morgue makes it even easier... in case the personal needs to act as forensic team as much as JAG officers.
Mind you, I could have the basic engineering and science crew trained in forensics work. You never know when you'll need an expert and it would be problematic if you need to start looking for one and transport them to the courtroom at a moments notice.

I still need to find a place to locate the courtroom.
But I guess I'll have to live with the mess hall as my place for gatherings and parties... I rather not have the kitchen there, tho.

Is there any info about the minimum amount of personnel needed for this ship? And total amount of quarters? I'm thinking that maybe the difference it's sufficient for allocating any ambassador and escort I may transport.

And the brig is only the 2 cells I think I remember seen? Because if that's so, I may need more if I'm to transport prisoners too... Although I assume using a holodeck could be a solution there.

BTW, what was that they converted in a hydroponic garden and the borg thing for 7of9 in the Voyager? Is that space usually occupied or do I have it free to reform?

I think I chose the right ship... I can't see many changes to do. smile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:21 pm
Maddy
Interesting.

The fact that sickbay already has a designated place for a morgue makes it even easier... in case the personal needs to act as forensic team as much as JAG officers.
Mind you, I could have the basic engineering and science crew trained in forensics work. You never know when you'll need an expert and it would be problematic if you need to start looking for one and transport them to the courtroom at a moments notice.

Right. Good idea.

Quote:

I still need to find a place to locate the courtroom.
But I guess I'll have to live with the mess hall as my place for gatherings and parties... I rather not have the kitchen there, tho.

Is there any info about the minimum amount of personnel needed for this ship? And total amount of quarters? I'm thinking that maybe the difference it's sufficient for allocating any ambassador and escort I may transport.

And the brig is only the 2 cells I think I remember seen? Because if that's so, I may need more if I'm to transport prisoners too... Although I assume using a holodeck could be a solution there.

BTW, what was that they converted in a hydroponic garden and the borg thing for 7of9 in the Voyager? Is that space usually occupied or do I have it free to reform?

I think I chose the right ship... I can't see many changes to do. smile

Let's see, the hydroponic garden...

"The USS Voyager did not have a hydroponics lab, but the variable environmental controls in cargo bay two could support hydroponics equipment. Shortly after Kes joined the crew in 2371, she volunteered to establish a hydroponics bay in cargo bay two in order to provide fresh fruits and vegetables. She used nitrogenated soil instead of an alternative for Voyager's hydroponics lab. (VOY: "Parallax")"

"Section 29 Alpha, cargo bay 2: Seven of Nine's alcove (VOY: "Equinox, Part II")"

So, that space is apparently somewhat freeform.

I can't find specifics on the USS Voyager or Intrepid-class brigs. The general
comment about the Intrepid-class tending towards smaller facilities suggests
we'll need to find you more space for an additional brig. Let's get back to
that once we've seen all the stuff you'll need.

Let's see.
You need to retain at least SOME science labs, optimized for forensics.
You need a courtroom.
You need offices for counsel for both sides, private meeting rooms.

Unless you NEED a kitchen, you don't have to have one-Neelix MADE a
kitchen using the Captain's Mess.

You want to check on ship's complement vs total living quarters.

I strongly recommend AGAINST using a holodeck for a brig. From what
I've seen, there's 3 holodecks, and I expect you will want one of them
reserved EXCLUSIVELY for judicial use, like was done with Riker's
investigation in "A Matter of Perspective", when they cleared Riker of the
death of Dr Nel Apgar, the krieger-wave scientist on the space station.

We'll look harder at the available space, let's see....  

Steel Sterling
Captain

Brilliant Saint

18,265 Points
  • Team Jacob 100

Maddy
Crew

Beloved Lunatic

19,050 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:34 pm
If the cargo bay two is free space until you make something of it, then I have some space I can convert into something I need.

Good idea about the holodeck.  
Boldly Go - A Star Trek Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces