Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Your stuff Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:40 am
[Kudzu]
TeaDidikai
[Kudzu]
Haha! I'm not handy at all! This is how my tool aquisition has worked several times in the past...

Step 1: Kudzu buys cheap piece of crap off of Ebay or from a thrift store, or cobbles something together out of super glue and wishful thinking.
Step 2: Kudzu blesses piece of crap but does not consecrate it.
Step 3: Kudzu uses piece of crap at every circle, calling it "The Ghetto [name of tool]" and becoming the laughing-stock of the local Wiccan community.
Step 4: Loving member of The Family breaks down and buys/makes/improves a tool for Kudzu.
Step 5: Kudzu consecrates fancy tool and receives many compliments on it.
Step 6: Kudzu puts piece of crap on a give-away table at a Family gathering for Family members to fight over joyously.

Step 7: Kudzu makes this post in Tea's Thread on Gaia- considering Tea lives but a couple hours away.

Step 8: Kudzu tells Tea what she needs, likes and wants.

Step 9: Tea makes it if it is counted amongst her skills

Step 10: Tea gives it to Kudzu.

Ooh! I just have to take you up on that! I'll have to check up with my Elders to find out more about the specs that ideal tools might meet!

By all means.

It's so much the better if I can find a studio if you need metal casting done, or a workshop for woodwork.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 11:58 pm
SWEET!

So... I ended up being offered a crow. (Something ran off with the wing I snagged! crying But at least I still have the claw!)

I was away from home and my hunting knife (which I use in place of any ceremonial blade as all of my tools are very utilitarian in nature) was at home.

I ended up using this beautiful bayonet-like knife. (I'll post pictures when I get them) and I have been drooling over it ever since. It loves me. I love it. We are very happy together (which makes a change from a number of my tools deciding they need to go to a different home).

Anyway- so it's been a few weeks and I have been trying to figure out how I would make one, have one made, or buy one.

And then... Gwynna Girl up and gave me the one I had used in the ritual! ~loves on the Gwynna~. I can't wait to post some pics. But it's great!  

TeaDidikai

PhantomPhoenix0

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:34 pm
I have a dagger I got at a flea market, and a sword I bought in Spain, other then that, I have next to nothing (ok nothing).

I'd like to learn smithing and fletching though. Make myself some nice weaponry.

lol, not having a job sucks.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 3:18 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I have as much as I could find. (My pipe and pendulum have gone wandering)
Pictured above in no particular order:
A silver rosary that belonged to my Baba.
Zanki runes
My pestle and morter
My bone dice
Badger teeth
My ran, or Staff (still a work in progress)
Tea (go figure)
Two scrying spheres
My knife (two knives really)
My Zanki amulet
My Putsi (or "magic pocket")
A Charm Bracelet
My hat
My drinking horn (i'm still trying to convince it to stay gonk )
And my Psaltery  

TeaDidikai

Molly Mollusca

Dapper Seeker

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 2:06 am
It look really lovely! biggrin
But... Is your drinking horn trying to walk away? rofl How so?  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 3:13 am
It is all very pretty. 3nodding
I know you like to create your own things... did you make the zanki, psaltry, dice, and other things you didn't say you were given or bought?
(I'm pretty sure I remember you saying you made the horn and knife)

Speaking of the knife, how is it two? It kind of looks like there's a small knife with a light wooden handle that comes out of the leather bound handle, but it might just be that that part is just the rest of the handle not covered by the leather.
It looks like there's an intricate pattern on the leather, too. Is there?

They all look beautiful. Makes me want to learn how to make something xp  

Elizabeth Tarion

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:24 am
[Bavi]
It is all very pretty. 3nodding
I know you like to create your own things... did you make the zanki, psaltry, dice, and other things you didn't say you were given or bought?
(I'm pretty sure I remember you saying you made the horn and knife)
The Zanki I made, the psaltry, I have my suspicions that my Granddad made it based on the company that sold it and the rosette, but it might have been one of his students.
The dice belonged to my Baba- who gave them to my Aunt who gave them to me.

Quote:
Speaking of the knife, how is it two? It kind of looks like there's a small knife with a light wooden handle that comes out of the leather bound handle, but it might just be that that part is just the rest of the handle not covered by the leather.
It looks like there's an intricate pattern on the leather, too. Is there?

There is a wire wrapped handle. It used to be a bayonet, so the handle is hollow. Inside of the hollow handle is a smaller knift with an antler handle.

Quote:
They all look beautiful. Makes me want to learn how to make something xp
Horns aren't that hard. They're a good place to start in my opinion.

Elfin Brill
It look really lovely! biggrin
But... Is your drinking horn trying to walk away? rofl How so?

Every now and then my personal belongings tell me they are no longer interested in being mine and that it is time to go to someone else.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:53 am
TeaDidikai
Every now and then my personal belongings tell me they are no longer interested in being mine and that it is time to go to someone else.
My stones do that a lot. At this point I think I only purchase stones for other people...

If I were to use tools I would hope to make them myself. I have a large branch of wood that I picked up years ago in Hungary and has followed me through many countries and houses and will one day be my staff. Unfortunately I have no woodworking skills whatsoever, though my mom said she'd teach me how to whittle. Mostly I think I'll just strip off the bark and maybe carve stuff into the wood. I thought I'd put gemstones on it but I have no idea how to affix them.

I'll put up a picture of my piece of wood here when I get around to it.  

Pelta

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 12:04 pm
missmagpie
TeaDidikai
My stones do that a lot. At this point I think I only purchase stones for other people...

If I were to use tools I would hope to make them myself. I have a large branch of wood that I picked up years ago in Hungary and has followed me through many countries and houses and will one day be my staff. Unfortunately I have no woodworking skills whatsoever, though my mom said she'd teach me how to whittle. Mostly I think I'll just strip off the bark and maybe carve stuff into the wood. I thought I'd put gemstones on it but I have no idea how to affix them.

I'll put up a picture of my piece of wood here when I get around to it.
Myself, I like pryography.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 5:23 am
TeaDidikai

Oooh... I like that idea. If only I had a way of making lots of fire happen...

Anyway this and this are my stick. It's just over waist height for me and very thick and heavy. It has a sort of reddish bark and a very smooth grain underneath. I don't know what kind of wood it is - I just picked it up in a forest one day.

I toyed with the idea of carving symbols into it but pyrography sounds like a much better idea. And of course I also need to find the appropriate symbols. When it's finished it will probably be my only 'tool' in the traditional sense, so I'm very proud and protective of it.  

Pelta

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:51 am
missmagpie
TeaDidikai

Oooh... I like that idea. If only I had a way of making lots of fire happen...

Anyway this and this are my stick. It's just over waist height for me and very thick and heavy. It has a sort of reddish bark and a very smooth grain underneath. I don't know what kind of wood it is - I just picked it up in a forest one day.

I toyed with the idea of carving symbols into it but pyrography sounds like a much better idea. And of course I also need to find the appropriate symbols. When it's finished it will probably be my only 'tool' in the traditional sense, so I'm very proud and protective of it.

Ebay sells modern tools for pryography. If you want to be very traditional, hammer flat the end of a piece of wire and stick it in a candle flame until it is hot enough to burn the wood. That takes forever though.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:11 pm
TeaDidikai
Ebay sells modern tools for pryography. If you want to be very traditional, hammer flat the end of a piece of wire and stick it in a candle flame until it is hot enough to burn the wood. That takes forever though.
Wing did a cool thing with a crystal ball on a sunny day that looked like fun. I dunno if it would work on hardwood though. That and I'd also need a sunny day... in Ireland. sweatdrop  

Pelta

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:11 pm
missmagpie
TeaDidikai
Wing did a cool thing with a crystal ball on a sunny day that looked like fun. I dunno if it would work on hardwood though. That and I'd also need a sunny day... in Ireland. sweatdrop

Oh? Really? Do tell! What did Wing do?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:18 am
TeaDidikai
I dunno if I should tell... He might hurt me again like last time, or put me back in my box. He just used the ball to focus sunlight like a magnifying glass. It was cool. No big secret really.
Please! Not the box again! It's so dark in there!  

Pelta

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:48 am
missmagpie
TeaDidikai
I dunno if I should tell... He might hurt me again like last time, or put me back in my box. He just used the ball to focus sunlight like a magnifying glass. It was cool. No big secret really.
Please! Not the box again! It's so dark in there!
~bribes with cookies that have sparkles and fairy floss~  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces