Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

.+Melanthios+.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 7:36 am
GilAskan
Nyed
miturn
hmmm...i guess i would consider them gothic....but let me get this straight; we're not talking about baby doll lolita are we? were talking about gothloli right?

we're talking....
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

...I'm not gay, but I have to admit, that man is sexy.

*screams* mana!!! he's mine all mine! kids.
okay...so we're talking about gosurori...i think they're cool, though i'm jealous of how mana can look better that a woman in a dress  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:42 am
The Japanese are very quiet on a whole anyway, and they like "cute" things. So, add goth to that and you have something like a victorian doll. I'd be too outspoken to be true "goth loli," but I like the style. I'd probably come out a vampyre doll.

And I like Japanese goth boys. Especially the members of Blood.  

vampyre_smiles

Vaporia

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 6:04 pm
GilAskan
Nyed
miturn
hmmm...i guess i would consider them gothic....but let me get this straight; we're not talking about baby doll lolita are we? were talking about gothloli right?

we're talking....

You're braver than most. I respect you. *bows*  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 7:02 pm
I would consider goth-loli as being just another facet of the gothic culture. However, there are many very distinct differences between the general gothic subculture and the gothic lolita subculture. One of the more major differences is the element of politeness. Goths generally have the freedom to be outspoken and even rude at times without going against the principles of the subculture, however, Lolitas, wether they're gothic lolita, sweet loli, ega, or egl (I'm not including punk-loli in this, since they tend to have more leinancy in this area), are more or less expected to be, as Celria mentioned, passive, polite, and have a 'seen but not heard' aspect to them.

However, despite this there is some overlap between the Gothic Lolita and general gothic subcultures. For one, the Gothic Lolita subculture does embrace some of the more morbid things that many goths covet. Alongside that is the air of romanticism it has to it... ok, some goths may not agree that the general gothic culture has that sense of romanticism to it, though many others would likely agree.

Also, with the fashion, there is some overlap... platform shoes, lace, corset lacing, and simple black or black and one other color color schemes for clothing are aspects that both subcultures seem to possess.

I'd consider Gothic Lolita, EGL, and EGA gothic, though they're a differents breed of goth than the general goth.  

DreamerSpirit

Ndoki

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:48 pm
Celria

Apparently Elegant Gothic Lolita ladies are to act in all ways proper, they are not to swear, they are to be submissive and passive. They are to be in all respects a lady or a child from the victorian era, seen and not heard.

Gothics, the ones I relate to, seem so much rougher then that. We seem cruder, I mean, not to the point of going out in the streets and yelling swearwords and so forth, but we seem to have more leeway and can be more casual.

Is Gothic Lolita a kind of goth? Or at least, would you define them as a kind?

Im not sure. ^^

Personally that first one IS my opinion of what gothic is for the most part, but also gentlemanly actions on men's parts as well. They are also the type I get along with the best, the second kind I generally don't.

Also there are ways to solve conflicting issues without swearing, yelling, (physically) fighting, and making a fool of oneself and generally work better. 3nodding

Lastly I much prefered the colored outfits to the solid black ones.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:58 pm
GilAskan
Nyed
miturn

we're talking....

That's... A man..?
-is staring wide eyed and slack jawed-  

Choklit Teddi

450 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Conventioneer 300

DreamerSpirit

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 12:10 am
choklit_teddi
GilAskan
Nyed
miturn

we're talking....

That's... A man..?

Indeed, and he's in a pretty good band too (the band is Moi Dix Mois, though his old band, Malice Mizer, was byfar better than MDM, in my opinion) 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 1:21 am
To be honest, that's the reason I'm kinda-but-not-really-bi. 3nodding  

Ndoki

DR490N

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 8:14 am
the gothic lolita thing has no place in the gothic community. it's retarded looking for the most part.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 8:57 am
Ndoki
Celria

Apparently Elegant Gothic Lolita ladies are to act in all ways proper, they are not to swear, they are to be submissive and passive. They are to be in all respects a lady or a child from the victorian era, seen and not heard.

Gothics, the ones I relate to, seem so much rougher then that. We seem cruder, I mean, not to the point of going out in the streets and yelling swearwords and so forth, but we seem to have more leeway and can be more casual.

Is Gothic Lolita a kind of goth? Or at least, would you define them as a kind?

Im not sure. ^^

Personally that first one IS my opinion of what gothic is for the most part, but also gentlemanly actions on men's parts as well. They are also the type I get along with the best, the second kind I generally don't.

Also there are ways to solve conflicting issues without swearing, yelling, (physically) fighting, and making a fool of oneself and generally work better. 3nodding

Lastly I much prefered the colored outfits to the solid black ones.

I don't yell, or physically fight to solve my problems, and I have argued this with a few people, but I don't think swearing is a foolish action unless you are doing it as a way to insult someone. Goth to me isn't about following a strict set of rules as lolita is. Lolita ladies are not to cross their legs (though crossing their ankles is fine) they are to keep their heads straight at all time. They are to adhere to strict social rules.

Now, what I'm saying is that to me, goth is 'looser' then that. It's about _freedom_ from societies rules, it's about doing things your way, in a way that you enjoy.

I also enjoy outfits with colour, in fact, I wear colour far more often then I wear black nowadays.  

Celria

Ndoki

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 10:20 am
Celria

I don't yell, or physically fight to solve my problems, and I have argued this with a few people, but I don't think swearing is a foolish action unless you are doing it as a way to insult someone. Goth to me isn't about following a strict set of rules as lolita is. Lolita ladies are not to cross their legs (though crossing their ankles is fine) they are to keep their heads straight at all time. They are to adhere to strict social rules.

Now, what I'm saying is that to me, goth is 'looser' then that. It's about _freedom_ from societies rules, it's about doing things your way, in a way that you enjoy.

I also enjoy outfits with colour, in fact, I wear colour far more often then I wear black nowadays.

I rarely ever swear, and when I do it's almost always in my own house, and I adhere to what many would consider gentalmanly conduct. Either way it's a matter of preference, and I prefer that type, that to me is what goth is, besides, a few rules never hurt anyone. Even looking at Japan, who has the most rules of any country (well, pretty close at least) they also have one of the lowest crime rates, and are the most technologically developed.. and IMO are better than everyone else.

Also having grown up with strict parents I'm glad for all the rules because they have made me a better person.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:11 am
DreamerSpirit
choklit_teddi
GilAskan
Nyed
miturn

we're talking....

That's... A man..?

Indeed, and he's in a pretty good band too (the band is Moi Dix Mois, though his old band, Malice Mizer, was byfar better than MDM, in my opinion) 3nodding

I like them both equally, except when Gackt was the lead of Malice Mizer, then they were better whee

I'm a Loli-Doll I dress in more than just the EGL style though.
I dress EGL, EGLA, Sweet, Punk, and of course Casual.
I'm pretty shy and quiet(and 'cute' apparently confused ) so this style works for me whee
examples:
EGL:
EGLA:
Sweet or Ama Lolita:
Punk
It's a little big..

xX~Vampyre_Erotica~Xx

xX~Vampyre_Erotica~Xx

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:18 am
DR490N
the gothic lolita thing has no place in the gothic community. it's retarded looking for the most part.

That's a very mean thing to say sad  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 10:03 am
DR490N

I'd like some solid reasons for why it "has no place."

Reasons other than your apparent distaste for it.

stare

MortSanglant

Ndoki

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 1:52 pm
MortSanglant
DR490N

I'd like some solid reasons for why it "has no place."

Reasons other than your apparent distaste for it.

stare

Ignorance isn't a reason... that's for sure. 3nodding  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas