Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Help for a home unseen Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pelta

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 3:51 pm
TeaDidikai
reagun ban

Indeed. I, while I like the LBR well enough, prefer to just clap and ring bells and then play music.

The clapping banishes any stagnant energy and the music acts as a reinforcement.
I crank my computer and play a specific very energetic song that is danced to.

One of the best cleanings was done with someone who is lost to me. We danced, me with my broom and "walking stick" and him with his staff and as we danced we snapped the wood together.

Oh cool! That must have been an awesome cleansing!

I can't use smelly burny things because they make me breathe bad. Instead I tend to use a lot of energy stuff, clapping and then clicking my fingers for small things. Dancing and making noise must be good though. I'll have to try it.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 3:55 pm
missmagpie
TeaDidikai
reagun ban

Indeed. I, while I like the LBR well enough, prefer to just clap and ring bells and then play music.

The clapping banishes any stagnant energy and the music acts as a reinforcement.
I crank my computer and play a specific very energetic song that is danced to.

One of the best cleanings was done with someone who is lost to me. We danced, me with my broom and "walking stick" and him with his staff and as we danced we snapped the wood together.

Oh cool! That must have been an awesome cleansing!

It's beautiful and strong image, ne?  

Aesi

Pelta

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 4:03 pm
Aesi
It's beautiful and strong image, ne?
Yar. 3nodding That it is. And sharp, loud noises are great for clearing out an area and energising a space. Music works well too.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 5:39 pm
We had fun. I'll post a picture of my "walking stick" sometime for folks to see. He was well known for his staff dancing as well.

If anyone has "Women of the World Celtic II", it is the first track.  

TeaDidikai

Kahri

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:41 am
Aesi
Speaking of hardwood floors, which of those floor treatments would be safe for them?

Sage I don't think I could get away with, though I like it too. It's a drug-free, non-smoking building. I have a few seniors for neighbors there, and they aren't easy-going.

Visualization is good. That'll certainly help. No room for even a little shrine. A few discreet blessed objects, however, I can do.
Erm, I have an idea. Now, it will look pretty bad if anybody comes over, but the odor should be virtually undetectable. When I was a kid I figured out how trap some smoke in a bottle with some water and shake it up, so that the smoke particles ended up trapped in the water. Why don't you try that on a gallon scale, maybe with some holy/rain water. You could wash with the sage. I don't know how that would make your stuff smell, so you might want to test it out on a small scale first.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:18 pm
Kahri
Erm, I have an idea. Now, it will look pretty bad if anybody comes over, but the odor should be virtually undetectable. When I was a kid I figured out how trap some smoke in a bottle with some water and shake it up, so that the smoke particles ended up trapped in the water. Why don't you try that on a gallon scale, maybe with some holy/rain water. You could wash with the sage. I don't know how that would make your stuff smell, so you might want to test it out on a small scale first.
Why go to the trouble of making a wash when you could just smudge?  

TeaDidikai

Kal Eldritch

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 6:13 am
Aesi
TeaDidikai
Aesi

As for the LBR, I don't even have enough room in which to perform it. It's a teeny little studio. Most of the 425 square feet are taken up by the high ceilings, I think. Not really sure how these things are measured. But it's small.
Really? If you can stand in one place and extend your arms in a full sphere without hitting anything you have room.

o0 Oh? It's usually been suggested to me that a few feet of clearance is best. I couldn't understand why, unless they meant doing it in a full circle. As a meditation aid or other practice, you really only need room for your feet and arms to move comfortably, right?
Most people mean doing it in a full circle. In the version of the LBRP I learned, you had to walk around the perimeter of the circle...but I couldn't really do that (lack of space issues as well). Really, if you have room for, say, a chair, and room to walk around it (even if tightly) you would have enough room. You don't even have to have a chair so you could just turn in place if necissary. The only important thing is that you face the cardinal directions and are able to trace a circle with your outstretched arm.

I usually just center, ground, and ward...because I don't have the kind of attention span to memorize the LBRP or any of its variations. It seems to work well for me (I've moved 3 or 4 times within a 4 year period), and it helps me with my energy manipulation. Although this is a less physical approach to it and some people need the more ritualistic components, I like this meathod simply because I have next to no altar items to practicaly perform any sort of ritual.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 6:17 am
TeaDidikai
Kahri
Because it creates an added level of preperation? And Kahri said it would probably be nearly undetectable so I suppose it would be good for broom-closet pagans. It all depends on your need for ritual I suppose.  

Kal Eldritch

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:49 am
Sovereign of Darkness
TeaDidikai
Kahri
Because it creates an added level of preperation? And Kahri said it would probably be nearly undetectable so I suppose it would be good for broom-closet pagans. It all depends on your need for ritual I suppose.
~smiles~ I'm being too pragmatic again.

Why capture smoke in a bottle (which will likely smoke up the space) when you could buy and charge oil?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:05 am
TeaDidikai
Why capture smoke in a bottle (which will likely smoke up the space) when you could buy and charge oil?
Does oil do evil to wood floors? :headscratch: I dunno. Our house is almost entirely carpeted.

I do an energy thing when I wish to cleanse my room of ikkiness... which very rarely happens. I did the same for the rest of the house when we moved in because the previous owners had had a divorce and a screaming child here before they moved out. It was pretty simple and it did the trick. No smudging or oils required. 3nodding  

Pelta

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:18 am
missmagpie
TeaDidikai
Does oil do evil to wood floors? :headscratch: I dunno. Our house is almost entirely carpeted.

I do an energy thing when I wish to cleanse my room of ikkiness... which very rarely happens. I did the same for the rest of the house when we moved in because the previous owners had had a divorce and a screaming child here before they moved out. It was pretty simple and it did the trick. No smudging or oils required. 3nodding
I use a couple drops of oil in floor washes all the time. Never had a problem  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 3:16 pm
TeaDidikai
Sovereign of Darkness
TeaDidikai
Kahri
~smiles~ I'm being too pragmatic again.

Besides which, things that give off smoke aren't allowed in my building. I can't even have a floating candle in my bathtub.  

Aesi

Aesi

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 3:17 pm
missmagpie
TeaDidikai

An energy thing? What kind of energy thing?  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 10:09 am
Aesi
An energy thing? What kind of energy thing?
Thing that clears out ikkiness. It's incredibly simple but I'd be at a total loss to attempt to describe how it's done. So I guess that's really not much help. Sorry. sweatdrop  

Pelta

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 10:49 am
Aesi
Besides which, things that give off smoke aren't allowed in my building. I can't even have a floating candle in my bathtub.

Hmmmm... that may actually infringe on your civil liberties. You do live in the US yes?  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff