Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Wishing Spells....Do they really work? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

blindfaith^_^

7,200 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:58 pm
Gideon Starorzewski
Deoridhe

Spells should be a last resort.

Bah. Magic is a compliment to normal action. Call it hedging your bets, wearing a belt and suspenders, or maximzing all available assets but don't call it a last resort.

I remember reading an essay about ethics in magic a while back where the author referenced an old joke in which a man prayed to God to win the lottery but got upset when it didn't happen. When he asked God why, the responce was "Meet me half way and buy a lottery ticket."

rofl rofl rofl Now there's something that's funny that I can agree with. Ha, the night is looking up already.

Back to the topic though. Wishing spells do exist and I think they can be a lot of fun. I don't know why I can't use wishing spells or any other kind of magic whenever I want to try and enhance whatever I want.

After all that way when I'm working my hardest on all fronts, I have a better chance of getting what I want. If I do all that and still don't get what I wanted, I know it wasn't really meant to be. I do appreciate losing about as much as I do winning. I want to win, but certainly seeing what made other better and knowing I have something to try to attain gets me back into the grindstone and better than I was before faster that a solid win would.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 3:28 pm
My understanding of wishing spells comes in two varieties...
The first is Will-Working, which is where your concious will enacts change upon the world, reshaping aspects of creation to your desires.

The second is bargaining.
Bargaining is far more sensitive...
Because, whatever granted the wish, may expect something in return.  

Fiddlers Green

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces