Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply Gaian British Guild
The British... Abroad! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zoutout

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 4:02 pm
and_solo_said
Scotland is Britain you a**

They would dispute that...

Anyway, I was just listing the non-England countries I've visited - I thought someone had mentioned Wales and/or Scotland before me, and so thought it was acceptable, apparently I was mistaken.

And why the hell didn't you complain about my listing Wales?  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 2:23 am
Zoutout
and_solo_said
Scotland is Britain you a**

They would dispute that...

Anyway, I was just listing the non-England countries I've visited - I thought someone had mentioned Wales and/or Scotland before me, and so thought it was acceptable, apparently I was mistaken.

And why the hell didn't you complain about my listing Wales?

Must have missed it....And I was the one who mentioned Scotland and Wales, as a means of saying that you need not vacate the UK for a decent holiday  

and_solo_said

Vanilla Pod

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 4:30 am
A list? All right...

United States
Singapore
Thailand
Belgium
Turkey
Czech Republic
France
Canada
Italy
Costa Rica
Holland
Portugal
Barbados
Egypt
India
Indonesia
South Africa
Australia
Figi
Indonesia
Vatican City
Swaziland
Botswana
Zambia
Zimbabwe

...is what I can remember right now. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 6:54 am
Zoutout
If i go to a country where I don't know the language, then it's a shame to butcher it by trying to learn from a phrase book.

If they've been taught English in school, it's an offense to their educational system to butcher their language rather than speaking in one which they are taught professionally.

To be honest, I would still make the effort, to at least show willing to attempt the language of the country I am visiting. I have found that if one at least makes the effort, then those around you will make allowances and actually be far more helpful than if you swan in, apparently expecting them to speak English.

Just something I have noticed on my various jaunts abroad.  

illyrianth
Vice Captain

Nebelstern
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 7:25 am
illyrianth
Zoutout
If i go to a country where I don't know the language, then it's a shame to butcher it by trying to learn from a phrase book.

If they've been taught English in school, it's an offense to their educational system to butcher their language rather than speaking in one which they are taught professionally.

To be honest, I would still make the effort, to at least show willing to attempt the language of the country I am visiting. I have found that if one at least makes the effort, then those around you will make allowances and actually be far more helpful than if you swan in, apparently expecting them to speak English.

Jaunts, eh? Bet you've had a fair few in your time Illy? wink
*Runs away*

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 10:20 am
Nebelstern
illyrianth
Zoutout

*Runs away*

gonk

I hope for your sake you can run fast...  

illyrianth
Vice Captain

Nebelstern
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 11:29 am
illyrianth
Nebelstern
illyrianth
Zoutout

*Runs away*

gonk

*Briefly returns* I'm no sprinter, I'll give you that - but when it comes to your wrath my primordial instincts would override that. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 3:43 pm
Heh. It was almost a joke - I partly agree with it, but I also agree that the effort should be made.  

Zoutout

Wiggster

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 9:14 am
Nebelstern
illyrianth
Nebelstern
illyrianth
Zoutout

*Runs away*

gonk

*Briefly returns* I'm no sprinter, I'll give you that - but when it comes to your wrath my primordial instincts would override that. 3nodding

you'd get 3 feet in as many seconds then have a coughing fit and collapse exhausted if Illy hasn't already caught you.
And for all we know you are too small and pathetic to have primal intincts.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 1:08 pm
Wiggster
Nebelstern
illyrianth
Nebelstern
illyrianth
Zoutout

*Runs away*

gonk

you'd get 3 feet in as many seconds then have a coughing fit and collapse exhausted if Illy hasn't already caught you.
And for all we know you are too small and pathetic to have primal intincts.

Yet, he has commendable traits like humour and grammar.

*withdraws dagger*

Invictus_88
Captain

Nebelstern
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 1:12 pm
crying I...I...have never been so...insulted!! scream  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 2:17 pm
Nebelstern
crying I...I...have never been so...insulted!! scream

You are always being 'so insulted'  

and_solo_said

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 3:28 am
Don't fight.

Make up, or duel..

stare

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 3:40 am
If there is a duel, it will be between Simon and Wiggy. I was meerly stating fact  

and_solo_said

Nebelstern
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 3:46 am
You just want to see some brawling don't you Invi? Alas, Wiggy is never on long enough nor frequently enough for me to vent my rage on him. A pity if there ever was one.  
Gaian British Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff