*Dances around*
View Results

Christine Alina

8,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 3:03 am
I remember reading the books by christine feehan and were really good specially the later parts in the book of love making man that was something but boy it was good.

But I have reading some of Amanda ashley romance books which there good to but it's always the vampire and werewolves that are the best romance books. But was wondering if there's anyone know anything other books good romance books with vampires and werewolves.

I'm looking for something that dates back in the 1800's in the story or just a good book with drama, a bit of comedy and angst.

(It's kinda of boring that in the story that vampires only come out at night. For once I would like to read something that vampires can walk in daylight for a change)  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 11:13 am
There are a lot of books that have vampires walking in the day time. If you can't find them, you're not looking hard enough.

I wouldn't exactly classify this as romance, but if you want a good book with vampires that walk during the day in it, try Karen Chance's Touch the Dark. It's a good book, although I thought the sequel was a bit iffy.  

NightIntent
Captain

Christine Alina

8,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 2:24 pm
NightIntent
There are a lot of books that have vampires walking in the day time. If you can't find them, you're not looking hard enough.

I wouldn't exactly classify this as romance, but if you want a good book with vampires that walk during the day in it, try Karen Chance's Touch the Dark. It's a good book, although I thought the sequel was a bit iffy.

Any other one that you might know?  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 7:54 pm
Umm. The Undead and Un... series. It starts with Undead and Unwed. I don't know about the more recent books, but the first three (or did I read four? I borrowed them from a friend, so I can't remember) were hilarious. Kelley Armstrong's Bitten is a good werewolf book, and it's usually classified as romance, although it's found in the fantasy section of bookstores normally. Hmm. I know there were other romance books that I read, but I borrowed all of them from a friend and can't remember the titles. I think I read Lynsay Sands.

If you wanna try an anthology, Dates from Hell is really good. And My Big Fat Supernatural Wedding isn't bad, either (I may just be partial to it 'cause Jim Butcher wrote one of the stories, but the other stories are still good).  

NightIntent
Captain

Christine Alina

8,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 11:05 pm
NightIntent
Umm. The Undead and Un... series. It starts with Undead and Unwed. I don't know about the more recent books, but the first three (or did I read four? I borrowed them from a friend, so I can't remember) were hilarious. Kelley Armstrong's Bitten is a good werewolf book, and it's usually classified as romance, although it's found in the fantasy section of bookstores normally. Hmm. I know there were other romance books that I read, but I borrowed all of them from a friend and can't remember the titles. I think I read Lynsay Sands.

If you wanna try an anthology, Dates from Hell is really good. And My Big Fat Supernatural Wedding isn't bad, either (I may just be partial to it 'cause Jim Butcher wrote one of the stories, but the other stories are still good).

Sounds interesting I wonder if there's anyone out there that knows any other books out there I sure would like to hear from other people.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:48 am
Damn nobody knows ok how about werewolves?  

Christine Alina

8,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 7:30 pm
This is a slow-moving guild, please be patient for any and all responses to threads.

For werewolves, I don't really know many for romance, specifically, but I have a couple suggestions if you want urban fantasy with werewolves.

Patricia Briggs' Moon Called is very good. Hell, all of her books are good, but that's the only series she has at the moment with werewolves. She's starting a new one next summer.

Bitten by Kelley Armstrong. That's been labeled romance before. It's also the start of a very good werewolf series, although it doedn't stay werewolf.

The Secret Texts trilogy by Holly Lisle is decent, from what I remember. I got distracted partway through the last book, so I'd pretty much forgotten everything by the time I went back to read it.

Kitty and the Midnight Hour is good, too, but still not romance.

And that's pretty much all I have right now.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:32 pm
Do you know any good romance books that dates back in the story in 1800 that's my favorite time period with angst and romance  

Christine Alina

8,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:24 pm
Umm. I don't think so. I only started reading romance a year or so ago, and I pretty much only read ones that take place in modern times.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:29 am
I read a lot of paranormal romance. I'm not going to try to list all the authors because, honestly, there are so many I can't remember half of their names at the moment.

As for daylight vampires, try the Lynsay Sands books. Her vampires are actually descendants of Atlantis. They can walk around in daylight (though its not recommended) and don't sleep all night.

As for werewolf books I know of Rebecca York and Keri Arthur. There is also an author who writes were-cat books named Marjorie M. Liu.  

Wissakins

Minerva the Whore 4 Books

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:03 pm
Usually, I don't go for romance as the central plot, but I have to agree that Laural K. Hamilton is good, though I prefer her faery series to the vampire one. Keri Arthur is decent and, as Wissakins said, focuses on werewolves. Blood and Chocolate by Klause and Wolf Moon by Charles de Lint are also romances where the main characters are werewolves, however, Wolf Moon has nothing close to the explicit intimate scenes that Hamilton writes, so you might not be interested in that one.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:04 am
I think Lori Handlehand (sp?) writes about werewolves too. I've only read a couple of hers though.  

Wissakins

Quilue Lamia

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:47 pm
So, the other day I was reading this thread and writing down all the author's and books I thought I'd find interesting, even though i figured i wouldn't have time to read any of them anytime soon.
Anyways, so yesterday i end up in a used book store and came across Undead and Unwed by MaryJanice Davidson. It's the funniest book!! I haven't laughed that much at a book in so long!! So if anyone hasn't read those books. Be sure to!! haha

ps. I know that i just full on told everyone the story of my life...(well okay not really thats a little over dramatic) But I think i just have a problem with only writing a little bit. So sorry....hehehe  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:59 pm
Quilue Lamia
So, the other day I was reading this thread and writing down all the author's and books I thought I'd find interesting, even though i figured i wouldn't have time to read any of them anytime soon.
Anyways, so yesterday i end up in a used book store and came across Undead and Unwed by MaryJanice Davidson. It's the funniest book!! I haven't laughed that much at a book in so long!! So if anyone hasn't read those books. Be sure to!! haha

ps. I know that i just full on told everyone the story of my life...(well okay not really thats a little over dramatic) But I think i just have a problem with only writing a little bit. So sorry....hehehe

Don't worry, I have the same problem. n.n And yeah, MaryJanice Davidson's books are hilarious.  

NightIntent
Captain

Booklover777

4,000 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:18 am
I LOVE The Drakon Series By Shana Abe. Not exactly 'paranormal', persay, but it's about dragon-shapeshifters in an 'alternate history' London. Really great romance, though NOT for kids. I'm surprised my mom let ME read it. mrgreen Anyways, I also like MOST books by Alice Borchardt, who just happens to be Anne Rice's sister. She has a terrific Werewolf romance Series, starting with The Silver Wolf, although, personally, I think Maeniel, the main guy in her books, is TERRIFIC!! ninja  
Fantasy Books Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff