Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply Gaian British Guild
What's in your fridge? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shadow of an Illusion
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:30 pm
Fridge dinners are fun.
The last one I made was pasta with ketchup, gerkins, ham and cheese all microwaved. It tasted like a pizza delivery van after a car crash. xp  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 5:38 am
My theoretical fridge'd have some nice cathedral cheese. Then some fruit juices in clear bottles.

Some milk, eggs, bacon.

A few "special" chocolate yoghurts at the back.

Some fresh vegetables.

Not organic broccoli though (it had loads of caterpillars in it! and I killed one by mistake ;_; boiled to death). I'd have courgettes and Aubegines.

And some iceberg lettuce, cucumber, pizza express dressing and some cherry tomatoes, peppers and rocket.  

The Grey Dragon

ficklefiend
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:05 am
That happened to my mum, she found a massive frozen worm in her birdseye peas. You know what they said when she took it back?

"Well that just proves how freshly frozen our peas really are!"

Haha. She also found a stone in a tescos potato salad once, I mean it did look exactly like a potato and was the right size so you can see how it got in there...she got £7 Tesco vouchers for that one at least.

I said she should have bit it and cracked her filling, got some real money out of them. Tesco are taking over the world you know.

xd  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:31 am
ficklefiend
That happened to my mum, she found a massive frozen worm in her birdseye peas. You know what they said when she took it back?

"Well that just proves how freshly frozen our peas really are!"

Haha. She also found a stone in a tescos potato salad once, I mean it did look exactly like a potato and was the right size so you can see how it got in there...she got £7 Tesco vouchers for that one at least.

I said she should have bit it and cracked her filling, got some real money out of them. Tesco are taking over the world you know.

xd

Well my mum orders from this random organic vegetable man.

It's good veg, but I'm now scared of the broccoli, and you HAVE to wash each lettuce leaf individually, unless you like the taste of bugs.  

The Grey Dragon

Shadow of an Illusion
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 4:28 pm
My parents like growing their own vegtables so we always have to pick out the bugs or else our salad will walk away. "Extra protein" gonk Had rasperries today and though I try to pick out the bugs while picking them you still have to check every raspberry and remove the bugs. Gets a bit boring.
On the good side of their food making exploits we do have huge amounts of yoghurt. I think theres a few litres around the house.

My mum once found a drowned mouse in a tin of Lyons golden syrup.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:58 am
Heh, my mother is a doctor and we get the 'extra protein' line quite a lot, the only time I can remember there being a valid (in her eyes) argument for not eating the bug was when I was in about year two at school and came across a caterpillar in my sandwich. Said caterpillar was thicker than my thumb.

neutral

Invictus_88
Captain

The Grey Dragon

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:29 am
I once found quite a few drowned ants in a tin of golden syrup. It put me off it for a year or so.

I hate small things. I fear them. Since I can't see them generally, and they tend to get into the worst places.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:54 am
Invictus_88
Heh, my mother is a doctor and we get the 'extra protein' line quite a lot, the only time I can remember there being a valid (in her eyes) argument for not eating the bug was when I was in about year two at school and came across a caterpillar in my sandwich. Said caterpillar was thicker than my thumb.

neutral

You can catch menengitus (can't be how its spelt) from eating the wrong kind of slug. At least thasts what mum said after my brother decided it was a fun idea to eat it to scare my friends.

I hate caterpillars. They're horrible. Mother dear used to make us pick them of the cabbages and squash them. xp  

Shadow of an Illusion
Crew

Panthino the Moth

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:18 am
The only vegetable we ever attempted to grow was carrots.

I didn't know you could grow U- and S-shaped carrots. Some of them had legs.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:40 am
ice_illusion
I hate caterpillars. They're horrible.

Really? You're probably cooking them wrong. Roll them in flour and fry them in butter.

3nodding  

Invictus_88
Captain

Panthino the Moth

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:49 am
Invictus_88
ice_illusion

Really? You're probably cooking them wrong. Roll them in flour and fry them in butter.

3nodding

No, the only way to cook caterpillars is to caramelise them.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:56 am
Panthino the Moth
Invictus_88
ice_illusion

3nodding

They have a sugar content?  

Invictus_88
Captain

Panthino the Moth

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:13 am
Invictus_88
Panthino the Moth
Invictus_88
ice_illusion

3nodding

They have a sugar content?

I hope so.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:45 pm
Two tubs of margerine. Some bread. Long live milk. Mint sauce and some water. sad I'm poor.  

Bronze Griffin

Tsamikayu

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 3:46 pm
The Grey Dragon
I once found quite a few drowned ants in a tin of golden syrup. It put me off it for a year or so.

I hate small things. I fear them. Since I can't see them generally, and they tend to get into the worst places.

That could explain why I fear ants so damn much *looks around fearfully in case they come back*

The kitchen used to be over-run with them (then they invaded the living room, urgh) and one morning i poured myself some juide into a glass, raised it to my mouth . . . and right under my nose there was an ant doing the apple-juice backstroke.

I didn't go into the kitchen again until the exterminator did them in.  
Gaian British Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff