Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Brother's Grimm
  are fairy tales like no other
  have a digestion problem >_<
  Here, have a cookie!
  I don't want your cookie. I want a bedtime story.
View Results

RebornAngelNer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:19 pm
My parents gave my a volume that contained all of the Brothers Grimm's fairy tales in it, but then someone spilled water on it and my mom threw it away! crying  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:56 pm
I've read all the Brother's Grimm fairy tales. I went through a fairy tale phase when I was little. I read all the Anderson fairy tales too. It's interesting how they tell the same stories so differently sometimes...

A little off topic...
Right now I have to read a book of Greek myths for school. They're quite irritating after a while.  

Hiitachin Kaoru

Harbone

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:19 pm
I don't think myth is so off topic from folklore and fairy tales, 398 in Dewey Decimal for both of them, for instance. (Although I hope NightIntent will let us make a Greek Myth or Norse Myth or African Myth thread sometime.)

Uh... what's irritating about Greek Myths, aside from the fact that anyone ugly in them is automatically evil?  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:46 pm
....i thought it was funny stare  

laaalalalalalalalalas

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 12:25 pm
Harbone
I don't think myth is so off topic from folklore and fairy tales, 398 in Dewey Decimal for both of them, for instance. (Although I hope NightIntent will let us make a Greek Myth or Norse Myth or African Myth thread sometime.)

Uh... what's irritating about Greek Myths, aside from the fact that anyone ugly in them is automatically evil?

I like myths. Go ahead and make a thread. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 5:13 am
I read their fairy tales as a very little kid. They were among my first books, and they were those which got me so excited in fantasy.

Althogh I don't read them anymore, I still love recalling those good old times when they were my other world.  

LotesseElf

Lunar_Aphrodite

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 1:46 am
Every time someone asks "do you like Fantasy books," I autimaticaly relate this question to -

- The Brothers Grimm stories
- Peter Pan
- Charles Dickens
- Harry Potter
- Hans Christian Andersen

Grimm are always on my top list, I think it's because in my head I believe that they are the ones that started it all.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:58 am
Scary massive coincidence. I was about to start a thread like this because I've just bought and started reading a collection of Grimm's fairy tales.

I'm really enjoying it so far. I liked Faithful John best so far but I also liked Brother and Sister. I was surprised at how different the Frog-King was to the version I knew before. The beginning is the same but the end is totally different.  

Kaymera

Lainy122

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 3:21 am
lavenvi05
mrgreen Do you like fairy tales? mrgreen

The original Brothers Grimm fairytales are AWESOME! However, they have been so edited, annotated and stipped of anything remotely resembling coolness, the toothless baby tales that have been left are pretty crap. So, in answer to the poll, both yes and no! *g*  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:48 pm
What do you (anyone) think of the Juniper Tree??? We read that in my Children's Lit class about a month ago.......  

Wordstreamer~Nifty Fairy~

Festive Fairy

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:33 pm
I just read that story in my folktales class on, like, Monday. I thought it was interesting. A bit morbid, truthfully, but I rather liked it. It was kinda mean that the stepmom pinned the boy's death on her daughter, though. That would scar any child for life.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:56 am
I like fairy tales,
BUt the borthers grimm stories give me the willies *shivers*

iProcrastinator

Bookwyrme

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:17 pm
"The Juniper Tree" is--strange. Quite unlike most of what we think of when we think of fairy tales.

I love the Grimms, but I also love Disney. Why choose? smile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:41 am
Grimm's are very different but i have several collections of celtic and you can see where some of the Grimm came from and were modifyed for england

i think that it would be interesting to see them from today's views,like if they were updated  

murphyad

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:55 pm
fairy tales are some of the best stories out there. Especially Grimm's the are very bloody & dark.  
Fantasy Books Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff