Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People

Back to Guilds

Reply Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People
Asian Failing Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Does anyone else "asian fail" their classes?
Yes! All the time!
22%
 22%  [ 39 ]
Nope, never!
20%
 20%  [ 36 ]
Sometimes...
22%
 22%  [ 40 ]
Only once in a while.
20%
 20%  [ 35 ]
IT IS NOT CALLED ASIAN FAILING!!
13%
 13%  [ 24 ]
Total Votes : 174

cocoONneptune

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 4:03 pm
i dont want to sound like a nerd and i dont want to sound like i'm showing off or anything but i havent "asian failed" yet though i have gotten like a B on a test before. My parents are stict and wont accept anything under an A. Actually even if i get like 90% they wouldnt be that happy. They would say why are you getting an A- you should have an A+ and then they'll go on about how i'm not spending enough time on study. eh whatever luckily our school system thing doesnt use the + and - signs.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 4:10 pm
arg...... they want A's in Math..... and english? or was it science? i have no idea...

but a C is failing for my parents  

The 8th Day

kageling

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:31 pm
Yeah, I Asian fail.

ARGH I got an 89% in physics! FARKKK. So close. T____T

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:39 pm
Hitman1
school can kiss my a**. what is the point of school
To learn to train your mind to pay attention to the things that matter most in life, which is not numbers or words, mind you.  

miss-shan-shan

Newbie Noob

azn _g

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:14 am
shannabanana
At school, does anyone else "Asian Fail" and get his/her parents really mad? "Asian Failing" is also called "getting B's." Well at least, it does where I live.
yup an b to my parents is an f and i get them a lot  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:16 am
eh, i really don't care. i think D is passing.i'm a c student and my parents learned to deal with it.  

sgt_puggles

bamboowitch

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:31 am
Ark.. i need to get at least 'B's and my parents are sorta okay with that but what they wouls want most is to see 'A' however my dad keeps saying that getting 'A' doesn't mean you're good at something it may meen you did rubbish but everyone else did 20 times worse... >< something to do with goerment policy in lowing grade boundries if many people do badly on a exam...
I got a D+ for my yr 10 mock exam in french listening higher however i got a C+ in the foundation (highest mark you can get) ... *sighs* It's to be expected my european language skills is close to nil with the exception to English.... however I tend to achieve A and B grades
My parents do get mad if i do absolutely terrible but they try to show it in I guess a more compassionate way saying well try harder next time telling me to ask questions more (which i do to such a extent the teachers are sick of me and avoid me at all costs.. well some teachers lol), My parents aren't as strict on me as my brother since he is the one who doesn't try hard so they are really terrible strict and easily angered by his marks or chatty behavior at school...
IN Chinese tests my parents require my brother to get around 70% but require me to maybe achieve over 80% (usually 90%)
My dad has high hopes on my Chinese and Math and probably math... (well thats mainly what he goes on about), we isn't worried about English becasue he says I speak a load of it school and i use it for all my englihs school homework so i probably be fine in it...
Oh **** ... i've just written a darn essay >< AGAIN...
I'm in a typy mood since its been two three days that i haven't actually typed for fun *sighs* darn homework ><
come to think of it... what was the 1st post about again O.o? ... arr... i'm soo crazy crying  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:22 am
In the beginning of the year I got straight "A"s but now I dont have straight "A"s. my mom thinks that I'm not doing as well in school is because I play to many videogames and go on the computer too many times or go hang-out with my friends too much. If I get a C on a test, or a B, my mom would say that I could have done better and I say well I could of done worse. 3nodding  

Ryuko Kaji

miss-shan-shan

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:25 am
Don't feel bad. My sister got a "D" on her math final, but still managed to get a "B" in the class. Hm...

Grr! I still haven't gotten my grades yet! They're supposed to come in the mail...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 2:22 pm
I always get majority of As and a B sometimes. The only reason why I get Bs is because of finals. I had all As this year then I messed up my math final, and it brought me down to a B+. I hate getting Bs. >=(
A lot of people complain about how their parents think a C is bad, or a B is bad, but for me, I couldn't care less if my parents thought a D was good. I still think a C is failing and a B is bad.

XShadowMistressX

Lay-San

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:47 pm
well, for me, getting a C is bad cuz my mom yells at me... if i get a b- in history or gemoetry it's ok cuz i suck at those subjects. most of the time my mom doesn't care what i get, but deep down she wants me to get a b or higher... and my grandparents (mainly my po-po) wants me to get straight A's.... sheesh... i "azn fail" too much  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:50 pm
I cant get below a D- biggrin .  

BaeKim

450 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

BlackHammer888

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:20 pm
cocoONneptune
i dont want to sound like a nerd and i dont want to sound like i'm showing off or anything but i havent "asian failed" yet though i have gotten like a B on a test before. My parents are stict and wont accept anything under an A. Actually even if i get like 90% they wouldnt be that happy. They would say why are you getting an A- you should have an A+ and then they'll go on about how i'm not spending enough time on study. eh whatever luckily our school system thing doesnt use the + and - signs.

Wow haha. My parents arent that strict. I just wish they would understand I cant do social studies  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:20 pm
Heh.... I failed at school litterally for one grade.... (7th grade)

Art is one of my best subjects.. so is English. Math and science are my second best.... I Suck when it comes to History.....

>< Lately, my grades have been better... I haven't gotten a C in some time.. Except for a C+ in Law and Justice...  

[~Lam~]

Playful Lunatic

7,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Conventioneer 300

Park Ki Young

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:35 pm
Well, my grades are pretty decent in all
subjects, except for Science~ @_@;;

Not one of my best subjects, half of the time, I don't
understand what the teacher is trying to explain.xP