Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply The Politics Subforum, it was -almost- inevitable.
Does anybody actually like Tony Blair? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you like Blair?
  Yes
  No
View Results

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:58 am
Angra-Mainyu
I like him, he's got enough backstabbers in his own party.

I think the problem is that people still have not forgiven him for believing Bush and now he is attacked in the media for any hint of government failing.

It seems rather more farcically up the creek than the government before though, which really should make them fair game at the teeth of the critics.

At least in my case, my axe to grind is based on a lot more the the mess of Iraq.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:06 pm
Angra-Mainyu
Invi, with Cameron's reign well into play, are you now able to see how Tony Blair could easily have been a Conservative leader? [Lets play a new game: spot the difference between Blair and Cameron].

Well, I see what you mean. Sortof. Though Blair is more of a tory minister than a tory leader, at least pre-Cameron. Tory leaders and Labour leaders seem generally quite distinct.

To my mind, Cameron is neither Labourite nor Conservative in style. There are naturally elements of both, but to compare Cameron too closely with Blair seems to overstate the similarities. There may be similarities, but the differences are visible too.

Invictus_88
Captain

Angra-Mainyu

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:53 pm
Invictus_88
It seems rather more farcically up the creek than the government before though, which really should make them fair game at the teeth of the critics.

At least Tony Blair did not ******** Ruth Kelly. XD [Cf. John Major and Edwina Currie]

Invictus_88
Angra-Mainyu
Invi, with Cameron's reign well into play, are you now able to see how Tony Blair could easily have been a Conservative leader? [Lets play a new game: spot the difference between Blair and Cameron].

Well, I see what you mean. Sortof. Though Blair is more of a tory minister than a tory leader, at least pre-Cameron. Tory leaders and Labour leaders seem generally quite distinct.

Which only shows that the roles of being leader of respective political parties carry certain expectations with regard to action and policy

Invictus_88
To my mind, Cameron is neither Labourite nor Conservative in style. There are naturally elements of both, but to compare Cameron too closely with Blair seems to overstate the similarities. There may be similarities, but the differences are visible too.

Neither is Tony Blair a "Labour" man. He got rid of Clause 4 and brought the era of "New Labour" into being. He would have easily enough slipped into the role of Cameron. These men are political beasts, they say what they need to in order to maintain their position. Tony Blair drags Labour to the right [much further if you look at what he wanted and not the party] whereas Cameron is dragging the Tories to the left [well, to the green, it seems]. Blair and Cameron have more in common than where they disagree, imho.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:49 pm
Quote:
At least Tony Blair did not ******** Ruth Kelly. XD [Cf. John Major and Edwina Currie]
We don't know that yet... It might come out sooner or later and it may not have been Kelly. Beckett and Hewitt seem to be the main suspects... wink  

Mr. Bono Vox

and_solo_said

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 3:26 am
Mr. Bono Vox
Quote:
We don't know that yet... It might come out sooner or later and it may not have been Kelly. Beckett and Hewitt seem to be the main suspects... wink

Blair and Brown!

Now there's a scandal.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 4:46 am
and_solo_said
Mr. Bono Vox
Quote:

Blair and Brown!

Now there's a scandal.

Or a nightmare.  

Invictus_88
Captain

Mr. Bono Vox

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:50 am
and_solo_said
Mr. Bono Vox
Quote:

Blair and Brown!

Now there's a scandal.
xd > eek > confused > gonk gonk  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 11:47 am
Quote:
Mr. Bono Vox

and_solo_said Wrote:
Mr. Bono Vox Wrote:
Quote:
We don't know that yet... It might come out sooner or later and it may not have been Kelly. Beckett and Hewitt seem to be the main suspects... icon_wink.gif

Blair and Brown!

Now there's a scandal.
icon_xd.gif > icon_eek.gif > icon_confused.gif > icon_gonk.gif icon_gonk.gif

*gasp...faints* I wish I hadn't started this thread now...  

Emmanuela

Mr. Bono Vox

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 3:40 pm
Emmanuela
Quote:
Mr. Bono Vox

and_solo_said Wrote:
Mr. Bono Vox Wrote:
Quote:
We don't know that yet... It might come out sooner or later and it may not have been Kelly. Beckett and Hewitt seem to be the main suspects... icon_wink.gif

Blair and Brown!

Now there's a scandal.
icon_xd.gif > icon_eek.gif > icon_confused.gif > icon_gonk.gif icon_gonk.gif

*gasp...faints* I wish I hadn't started this thread now...
It is nothing unusual.. Just another day in the GBG... lol  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 4:08 am
I'd hardly call Blair/Brown a scandal... wouldn't surprise me, actually. Hmm.  

Panthino the Moth

Angra-Mainyu

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 8:06 am
Panthino the Moth
I'd hardly call Blair/Brown a scandal... wouldn't surprise me, actually. Hmm.

It might go some way to explain how they go out of their way to give the impression that they don't really get on; putting us off the scent. They do seem awkward when under the public eye together.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 9:04 am
Hmmm... I wouldn't say this has gone off topic exactly, but...

Well, I suppose that could be why they appear to dislike one another so much, just trying to make us think that they're not actually gay together!

But still...Hmm...  

Emmanuela

and_solo_said

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 11:45 am
Maybe they just realise how irritating the other is, but now how irritating they are in themselves...

Wait, that's not amusing.

*rethinks*

Maybe they only got together once, but it was so kinky that they can't bear to look each other in the eye.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 2:58 pm
and_solo_said

Blair and Brown!

Now there's a scandal.

Think of the children!  

Deo_Machina

and_solo_said

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 5:21 am
Deo_Machina
and_solo_said

Blair and Brown!

Now there's a scandal.

Think of the children!

Er...Would you mind terribly if I don't?  
The Politics Subforum, it was -almost- inevitable.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games