Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
Movies about gay guys. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

People Count.
  I'm a people! Count me!
View Results

Lunar Kissed

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 11:06 pm
Mia Eidenschink
Hmm...I have to search for it again, but xX Angel Fox Xx made a really good point about movies. If you took the movie X-men III, it can me seen as an anti-gay movie (if any of you are fans of that movie, please, do not chew my head off or come kill me, I'm not saying anything negative, I"m just showing it in a different light, that is almost comical...and kind of strange all at the same time.)

In the movie, they have found "a cure" for Mutants, so their powers go away forever. Now, I do not know if you know this, but there are groups out there who are trying to take homosexuals and 'cure' them of their disease...their sexuality. Personally, I say that there is nothing wrong with homosexuals, or bi sexuals, and we should be left as we are...and there is nothing wrong with us and there is nothing to cure.

In the X-men movie, Magneto (i spelt that wrong...) said the same thing...along with Storm. I don't want to spoil the movie for you, so I'll just be quiet, but...why do people think that we are wrong? I am happy the way I am! =3 Everyone desrves love...even if it's from the same gender.

A wonderful observation, Mia.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 6:21 pm
te-hee I like cheese  

poof_dog

ph34r t3h b3cc4

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 7:21 pm
The Producers has gay white guys in it.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 1:18 pm
FRISK

Watch this movie and you will be affraid of gay people.  

Apophis

The Flesh Failure

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 2:21 pm
Hmmmm...

One time I was watching the Signature HBO (it was a freeview weekend) and this movie called Touch of Pink came on. The main character was a gay Indian man, but his lover was caucasian.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 7:24 pm
*shrugs* maybe i should pry myself from my pc to go and see some of these movies.. ^^  

.blood x stitched x paws.

Fido-s Revenge

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 4:12 pm
Hmm... very interesting topic.
I haven't seen BBM yet but... a few months back I was flipping channels and I came across something that I first assumed to be 'another teen flick'. But as I began watching it, I realized this wasn't the case - it was a movie based on a true story here in Ontario (Canada), about a gay high school student fighting for the right to bring his boyfriend to the prom at a religious (Catholic, I think) school. And he won ^.^.
If I do recall correctly, it was aptly titled "Prom Queen" mrgreen

Other than that, I haven't seen anything that directly features gay characters (I did the whole channel-flipping thing a few days later and came across something, but it was it completely in Spanish o.0).

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 4:19 pm
I'm still trying to find time to watch it, but I hear that The Wedding Banquet by Ang Lee (also director of Brokeback Mountain) was adorable.

Summary by Josh Hartnup, on IMDb.com
A gay Taiwanese-American man is in a happy long term relationship in Manhattan, but his parents in Taiwan are always pressuring him to marry. His tenant, a young Chinese girl needs to marry an American citizen to obtain her green card, so a deal is made. Complications arise when the joyous parents arrive for the wedding and a huge cross-cultural banquet is arranged to celebrate.

Basically, they're trying not to let his parents figure them out, I think. X] Apparently the guy's parents used to pressure him to try all of these different dating sites and stuff, so he and his boyfriend would sit together and put down requirements like "must be over seven feet tal," "must have five Ph.Ds--list below" and "must be fluent in the following ten languages..." XD

Taiwanese movie, though. Not Caucasian. =O

kageling

miyav

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 4:38 pm
ive always loved rent, not only cause i love angel and collins but because i love musicals.

if u wanna see a good movie about gay guys WATCH FORMULA 17!!!!!! its a manderin(is that how u spell it) movie about 2 guys, one man is shy and just looking for a nice boyfriend while the other one is a playboy who has never gotten series about anyone...until they MEET!!!! bum bum bum!!

its cute, AND SOOOOOO F%$#@! FUNNY!!

heres a trailer for it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlBp02wPYdg

u can also watch the entire this on youtube, but i suggest either downloading or buying the dvd....ive actually seen this movie for rent at blockbuster before....LOL....very funny  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 10:17 pm
destinyjello
I've seen lots of gay themed movies and I don't think that caucasian gays are underrepresented at all. Most of the movies I've seen have gay white guys in it. Here, maybe I'll just list a few:

-I Think I Do
-Latter Days
-Big Eden
-Eating Out
-The Broken Hearts Club
-Food of Love
-Urbania
-Love! Valour! Compassion!

Yeah, and that's just from the top of my head. I rather think that other races are represented less in gay movies.

I really didn't think that Brokeback Mountain was very good at all. I've seen many other gay themed movies that touched me substantially more - Rent being one of them.

Another on i think is called Beautiful Launderette but i am not sure.
It seemed gay centered but... i only saw the end. sigh. I want to see brokeback mt. i despise all of you that have.  

Riku_1991

Dark_Angel2.0

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 6:24 pm
broback mountain xd  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:11 am
Interestingly, Ennis in Brokeback Mountain was Hispanic in the story.

I think the race thing is probably just a coincidence. Most of the gay guy movies I've seen have had caucasians.  

lynx wings

I. L. Malphas

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 1:04 am
[Insert ACDC-ish Name]
Hmm... very interesting topic.
I haven't seen BBM yet but... a few months back I was flipping channels and I came across something that I first assumed to be 'another teen flick'. But as I began watching it, I realized this wasn't the case - it was a movie based on a true story here in Ontario (Canada), about a gay high school student fighting for the right to bring his boyfriend to the prom at a religious (Catholic, I think) school. And he won ^.^.
If I do recall correctly, it was aptly titled "Prom Queen" mrgreen

Other than that, I haven't seen anything that directly features gay characters (I did the whole channel-flipping thing a few days later and came across something, but it was it completely in Spanish o.0).

I remember that...don't really recall if I saw the whole thing. The other movies I've manged to see are Latter Days, Plata Quemada (Burnt Money) and Beautiful Thing (I think that's what it was).

Never really noticed, but a lot of the gay guys are white...with the second mentioned obviously not being so.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 3:49 am
I'm just glad enough that the there are some people who got the guts enough to release a gay movie so that it can create enough awareness among the population. Excluding the bigoted pricks, everything is fine and dandy.

It doesnt matter what creed the leading actor maybe but how it sends the message to the audience. There maybe doubts but thats what they are meant for. To find out things and clear them of the illusions. Well some people ignore it and felt ignorance is a bliss.  

kironagi

Yu-lin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 5:12 am
Formula 17.  
The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items