Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Fantasy Books Guild
Diane Duane Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Have you read any of Diane Duane's books or heard of her?
  yes
  no
View Results

Hiitachin Kaoru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:51 am
I read most of her books when I was younger. I think the last one I read was the book after Nita's mom died...  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:56 am
well, i only have the first three, and i got those for a birthday present. I loved them, and now my sister is reading them and she is in love with them. <---she normally does not like to read  

Pumkyn

Shiama

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:14 pm
I love that. when you can actually get someone a set of books to read and they usually dont like to read and they love it.

I think that Diane Duane is good for youngerkids to start off on reading too though if they like fantasy. It isnt too advanced writing but it is good enough that it captures yoyr attention.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:39 am
hmmm i liked all of her books and by the way with wizards dilemma being to wierd i must...in my opinion there isnt anything to wierd when it comes to fantasy as long as people arent...throwing up thier innards or something gross like that then nothing is really to wierd because to a certain degree picking up a fantasy book is asking for wierdness in some for another so usually i dont finnd fantasy books to wierd. stupid....boring...maybe...depends on the book i guess but not wierd(sorry for preaching on you guys but i had to say that)  

laaalalalalalalalalas

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 9:15 am
That's true, but there's a point where I draw the line for weirdness in fantasy books. And A Wizard's Dilemma crossed it. Manipulating another person's body? Yeah, that's so what I'd want to do. It just wasn't as good as her first three books. None of the later ones that I've read are. So I stopped reading them. I'm not so loyal that I'll continue to read a series once I've stopped enjoying the books.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 9:56 am
i guess that true. but for me i have a tendency to get very attached to characters and therefore will continue reading a series to the bitter end. for instance with the harry potters i dont like the newer ones as much. since the 4rth book it hasnt been the same to me and i dont like it as much nevertheless i continue to read them for hermione and ron(and harry too...a little...he is too whiny in the books and that bothers me)  

laaalalalalalalalalas

Shiama

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 12:04 am
I will stopa series if i dont like it or if the author really changes their style because then it is like the chracters are diffrent to me...

and sometimes fantasy does get a little weird, but if they get weird i think that shows thier creativity as a writer.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 9:59 pm
hmmmmm thats sounds about right but to me characters dont often seem to change rolleyes  

laaalalalalalalalalas

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 10:04 pm
They change a lot. I hope Nita and Kit changed. After all, most people change drastically from pre-teens to teens. I did, my sister did, everyone else I know did. Why not a book character? Besides, I don't think Nita from So You Want to be a Wizard would have acted as she did in A Wizard Abroad and afterwards. The characters change progressively through the books, but they change.

I didn't much like the changes in the feeling of the characters and the books, so I stopped reading them. Quite simple. I'm not going to be a hypocrite and keep reading a series I stopped liking, unless I think there may be hope for it. I gave the series a chance, over the last two books that I actually read, and decided it wasn't worth it, so I stopped.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 11:04 pm
i see your point 3nodding my problem is i fall in love with the character(as previously mentioned) so the book can turn toi s**t and i will keep reading to see what happens to the characters(like in harry potter)  

laaalalalalalalalalas

Shiama

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 3:26 pm
I can love a chracter and I will mosy likely remember that chracter and the rest of the book will slowly drift to that emptiness in the back of my mind.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 2:30 pm
i know people like that 3nodding as for me i remember particular scenes that for whatever reason whether humurous or dramatic that made an impression on me. like ponch and the squirrels  

laaalalalalalalalalas

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:00 pm
Ponch and being a happy blimp is more memorable for me. n.n I love that part.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:33 pm
certain parts I do remember but they are more random. Like I remember when the two chracters were out on the lawn before she (i cant remember their names) left to go see her relatives.  

Shiama

laaalalalalalalalalas

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:50 pm
i dont remember the happy blimp sweatdrop  
Fantasy Books Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items