Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Who did KESBY KNIGHTS better???
  Street Light
  Catch 22
View Results

Skaified

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:25 pm
I would say Catch 22 because they are one of the first bands that got me into Ska. D; If that reason wasn't there, Streetlight would take my vote.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:32 pm
Catch 22.
They are both really good, but I liked Permanent Revolution (a good CD, plus Leon Trotsky has an intresting story behind him, and any time a CD gets me reading I am happy. Wow, thats looks sad when I type it out), and I've seen Catch 22 live, and I can't say that for Sreet Light. sweatdrop It hard to judge when I have only seen one of the two live. Sadly I can never seem to catch Street Light.

Edit- On the topic of kesby however, they are about they same, I thought they both did good.  

Paxter Walker

Generous Hunter

Canada3952

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:06 pm
i had to go for streetlight just because they were the band that got me into ska and everything went numb, just every song on there i really like, catch's old stuff is amazing tho  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:28 pm
Close call, but I gotta go for Streetlight. Their songs just seem to be put together so well!  

annerbelle

Cheesette

Eloquent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 7:29 pm
Catch got me into Ska and I've been listening to them ever since I was little. I never really got to listen to much of Streetlight, though.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:14 pm
i think catch 22 did better on keasby nights. i love streetlight. they did realy really good on everything goes numb, i just didnt like them doing keasby nights that much.  

a white shadow

Imaliar

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:53 pm
Too bad Catch 22 sucks live..
And Streetlight is sooo ******** amazing live!
And I never seemed to really like any album of Catch 22's but Keasby Nights, which of course Tom did.
Ever since he left to form BOTAR then later Streetlight it seems Catch lost a big part of their talent. Though I will admit Catch's new cd is a hell of a lot better than Dinosaur Sounds and Washed Up And Through The Ringer.

But anyway.. I'm going with Streetlight Manifesto.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:25 am
I'd have to go with Catch 22s Keasby Nights.

I like how Catch 22's version sounds more crisp and Tomas sings throatier that in the streetlight version. In the streetlight version he sounds very nasal and i just like the throatyness in everything goes numb and the Keasby era in catch 22.

Even though i like streetlight better than catch22 (tomas is a lyrical genius, thats why) I would have to say that the first version of it is better  

bigjegs

MONKIE LAD

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:30 am
I like the catch 22b but i like the way streetlight manifesto plays kesby nights  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:32 am
[ FishSpy ]
Too bad Catch 22 sucks live..
And Streetlight is sooo ******** amazing live!
And I never seemed to really like any album of Catch 22's but Keasby Nights, which of course Tom did.
Ever since he left to form BOTAR then later Streetlight it seems Catch lost a big part of their talent. Though I will admit Catch's new cd is a hell of a lot better than Dinosaur Sounds and Washed Up And Through The Ringer.

But anyway.. I'm going with Streetlight Manifesto.

From what i've seen Catch throws a ******** great live show  

MONKIE LAD

[ADx] Peloidra Shakai

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 5:24 pm
King Of The Ska
Catch22 for 1 reason and 1 reason only.
They were my first ska band
They were the band that got me to who I am today.
Without their songs, I wouldn't be me ><
So as much as I love Streetlight, I will always love Catch22 ( except their new stuff, it ******** sucks) heart

Keasby Nights was my first c.d
I listened to that thing until I played it out, then bought a new copy

Same here. My sister boyfriend (Who I always looked up to when I was young, because he was oh-so punk rock) gave me a Catch CD when I turned 13. I listened to it, and only it, for a month straight. I loved them so much.

I like streetlight too, but I can never give up my love for Catch, sorry xD

And Catch's new stuff isn't great, but it's still good. I like 'A minor point' a lot.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:22 am
Personaly I say Streetlight since when I heard the two cd's Catch 22's sounded a little flat. (please note it could be my stereo or headphones acting weird.)  

JFMS222

Don Caballero

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:26 am
Catch hands down...  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:21 pm
As much as I love Streetlight, I would have to say Catch 22.  

Frankenska

SkaBanana

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:56 pm
I don't care if Streetlight Manifesto is the better band and an amazing band, they still ******** up Keasby Nights.  
Rude Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff