Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
Yaoi- It goes WAY back folks Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hopeless_Knight

Interesting Friend

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:26 am
Fly_bitch_Fly
lets move to japan
Reminds me of an Article in Out magazine about Japan lifestyles and it had two japanese men holding hands and had parts about Yaoi and anime and had a pic from Gravitation, I was like "OMG! I wanna live in Japan!"  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:49 am
It's so weird, because...Japanese are really open about stuff like homosexuality. Funniest thing happened to me while I was there...

Me (at restaurant with homestay family): *talking blah blah blah* (They had just met my friends earlier).
Homestay Dad: Your friend...(we'll call him Dave for confidentiality issues) Dave-kun...he is very cool.
Me: Yeah, he is.
Homestay Dad: Does he have a boyfriend-I mean, girlfriend?
Me: *BURST OUT LAUGHING* Uhh...no...not really...xDDDD
Homestay Dad: So, he likes boys?
Me: *protecting privacy* No...uh...not at all ^^;;
Homestay Mom: *something really fast in Japanese which I could only make out the word 'homo'*
Me: xDDDDD *still laughing*

They mentioned it so casually that it was almost weird. Also, they're so much more open with things like sex and other things. Apparently, there was this show on TV when my friend was in Japan and he was watching it with his homestay family (including a 5 year old little girl) and at the end, the 5 guys just rip off their pants (they were wearing boxers underneath, but still). And the whole family just...didn't really react. Even the little girl xD

I <3 Japan  

Yo_Landa

Hopeless_Knight

Interesting Friend

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 10:44 am
Sounds awesome! ^.^  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 11:43 am
@Yo_Landa-

That reminds me I was a host family for a Japanese teen my age last year and he was gay and was really rather open about it. He brought a couple yaoi mangas with he....I miss him. *whimpers*

Riosin

Hopeless_Knight

Interesting Friend

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 11:58 am
-must go to Japan-  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 4:03 pm
Rio Ri
Me and my friend Jesse were watching Samurai Champloo and Kenshin DVD's and to my surprise she kept yelling *cough* insults at the makers of these fine samurai animes and here's a tid bit opf why.-

Jesse: Wrong >.>
Me: What is?
Jesse: A bunch of these samurai animes...*sounds pissed*
Me: err...why?
Jesse: Not enough gay
Me: ...the hell?
Jesse: *goes into LOOONG explaination about 'shudo', the common samurai class practice were a apprentice samurai would be the older more experienced samurai's lover for a few years while under their wing*
Me:...woah

A few days after I found this ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexuality_in_Japan ) read it and be amazed on how rich the history of yaoi is. *lol*
I already knew that. Nya. :3  

The BatgirI

Saccharine Light

Festive Trash

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 6:49 pm
Interesting.

o.o

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 7:07 pm
I'm glade people actually noticed that. It even goes back further then that in other culturers around the world. Homosexual relationships such as the 'shudo' have existed probably sense the time of Babylon. I know it did in Egyptian and Greek times.  

Drakon_Luther

7,200 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Vaveli

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 10:32 pm
coooool.

I love history <3  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 6:33 am
Nyahaha, I am now very happy/smug-feeling. Whenever I watch a non-BL samurai anime, I keep going "That guy should be the lover of his student. It's obvious." I didn't even know I was right, but I was. xd
The Western cultures have had a bad influence on japanese views on homosexuality.  

ShadowedMoonlight

Ruthless Sweetheart

Jade Rotaski

Confident Shounen

43,040 Points
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Divine 500
  • Nuclear Plant 500
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:08 am
Nashwa
coooool.

I love history <3

Yeah but its funny how all your history teachers leave all the interseting stuff out isnt it? XD  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 1:47 pm
Drakon_Luther
I'm glade people actually noticed that. It even goes back further then that in other culturers around the world. Homosexual relationships such as the 'shudo' have existed probably sense the time of Babylon. I know it did in Egyptian and Greek times.

And Romans. XD I read this book about sexuality through the ages or some such title and it was full of stuff on ancient cultures and homosexuality.  

Riosin

Kitsune-chi

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:18 pm
Three words: Alexander The Great. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 3:58 am
Rio Ri
Drakon_Luther

And Romans. XD I read this book about sexuality through the ages or some such title and it was full of stuff on ancient cultures and homosexuality.
That sounds like a very interesting book.  

ShadowedMoonlight

Ruthless Sweetheart

Arachnid_Pirate

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 4:16 am
That's kinda weird...and interesting at the same time. Thanks for giving out that info!! ^-^  
The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff