Reply Fantasy Books Guild
Terry Goodkind - Sword of Truth Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shiama

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:14 pm
most likely they will. since the book goes more indepth and can actually tell you more of what is going on. Still, they might make it at least decent and get moer people to read that books.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 1:36 am
Shiama
NOTICE

I have recently heard that someone bought the rights to make this series into a live motion picture for movie theaters.

Personally I think it would be kind of hard to add all of it into a movie, they would almost have to do more than one movie per book.

Seriously??????? OMG I soooo cannot wait then, I just hope they keep to the storyline, unlike HP4 where it was good but I didn't like it because they strayed too far from the book.  

StormyWhether

Shiama

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 3:28 pm
I hope that they make the movies as good, but i doubt they will be as good as the books snice in the books they show more emotion.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:18 am
No kidding. The movies are going to butcher the books, and I am going to cry crying

Not to mention they'll probably be R-rated, which would make my 'rents a little hesitant to let me see/cry over its dead body emo

x.Marsh[mel]low.x

StormyWhether

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 11:06 pm
s**t I forgot about that. My parents freak over pg13 movies and my fourteenth bday is on Tuesday - what would make them say yes ti an r rated movie - especially when Denna's torturing him.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:38 am
Honestly... if they ONLY make WFR into a movie and don't try to do the entire series it MIGHT not end up so bad. If they try to encompass the ENTIRE series... we're screwed.

I've read the entire series except Phantom and tehre is just so much to love about it... and at the same time to hate. It gets rather dry in some places, but I can understand why those parts are there. I just don't like them.

Cara, Nathan, and Zedd are my favorite characters in the series. Can't exactly explain why... they just are. Favorite books is WFR followed by Temple and Chainfire.  

Meithanos

Batnamz

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:36 pm
I've just finished blood of the fold. Finally, I've had that book long enough. LOL. Once I get up more money, I will buying and reading more! This was my first series, and favorite series so far.

Movie?! Oh no... They would ruin it so bad. sad  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 5:56 am
A movie would be terrible!!!!!!

Books are always better.

I've read the entire series and on the whole it is really good but some of the more recent books have been weak sad

I just can't wait for the conclusion. I want to find out what happens.  

lovebooks

Batnamz

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:22 pm
I heard that it was going to be a mini series, and not a movie. That would give them more time to put in everything. but I'm still nto so sure about it. I guess we'll have to wait and see. =/  
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 8:05 pm
I'm a very HUGE fan of Terry Goodkind's works, and have recently finished Chainfire!!!. But I need to go pick up Phantom!!!.
I'm quite excited for the release of Confessor!!!.  

WEEB_QUEEN

Kawaii Shoujo

13,950 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Conventioneer 300

Dark_truth

3,850 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 12:04 pm
I read all the way up to chainfire, then everything moved way to slow and I forgot it, pity though... it was good, Richard sounded really cool!  
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 8:21 pm
I'm really excited because I found books 2 threw 7 at a second hand store in good condition for only $2.99 each! eek So I bought them all (except book 3, because I already own it). I've read books 1 - 3 and have been dieing to read more, so this gives me a great chance, since I own up to book 7 now (minus book one, but I can get that later since I've already read it!) I can't wait to see what happens after book 3. mrgreen  

Batnamz

Zeke Lanistter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:08 pm
its not beoing made into a movie, it is a min searies, directed by sam raimi, the guy whi did th espiderman movies.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:06 pm
Indeed!!. I know!!. I'm so excited about it to !!!.  

WEEB_QUEEN

Kawaii Shoujo

13,950 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Conventioneer 300

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:51 am
The TV series they made of it (Legend of the Seeker) actually makes me want to read the books. XD I'll have to look for the first one sometime.  
Fantasy Books Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff